Kulipari

"Oh, a netflix animated series! this could be interesting!"
>Brought to you by Splash Entertainment
"Oh."

But it's Kek's cartoon

Frog medic girl is cute. Only reason I have any interest in this.

>but it's a disgrace to kek

FTFY

>Book 1 is 9 episodes
>Books 2 and 3 are 2 episodes each.
I wonder how much is missing or added to make that work.

He also made a comic, he really wants this story about frogs to take off.

>he really wants this story about frogs to take off.

Fucking french fags are never happy.

Just like the Russians.

Saw it, it's good after the 8 - 9 ep it goes haywire, but by the 11 -12 ep it get itself up again

This show reminds me of an old cartoon I used to watch.

I think it was called Toad Patrol?
Something like a group of children toads trying to get to some magic portal to get to a magical paradise.
But if they don't make it in time they turn into toadstools.

I remember the show having some surprisingly dark moments but this was years ago, maybe I'm just remembering it poorly.

the funnest dungeons and dragons character i ever played was a grippli

Yeah, it's pretty cool he's getting out books, a cartoon, comics, action figures, and even a video game. Maybe it's not for everyone, but it's kind of nice to see someone fund their pet projects to make them come true.

It's an American football player basing his work from Australian aboriginal folklore.

You guessed it correctly.

Frogs are the best animals.

This doesn't look so bad.

I actually really liked it. I think their exodus from the traditional Amphibilands was truncated, but as high fantasy goes, it's really not bad at all.

If anything I was impressed at how brutal it can be. Deaths and violence aren't gratuitous, but it is keenly felt. The bad guys (with ENORMOUS STINGERS) can and do kill the King and win the day -- or so they think. Someone's sweetheart is cut down in front of them and, of all things, they can't just break down and cry about it.

Perhaps the best of all, the main protagonist's friends are the first to say "No, no, your choices aren't the problem. The villain coming to kill us all was the problem." instead of that stupid blame-game you see in kid's media.

>It's an American football player basing his work from Australian aboriginal folklore.
Yeah, and you know what? Watching the show makes me want to pick up the books. The villains act like villains. The heroes act like young headstrong people and their elders are right to point out, "war really is Hell and you'll wish you'd never dreamed of being in one."

So you're telling me splash entertainment made something WATCHABLE?

Your mileage may vary, but yeah, the closing act in particular is pretty good shit.

I don't even care about it being goodl, I'm just shocked that Splash Entertainment- Splash MOTHERFUCKING Entertainment- got its hands on something not absolute shit.

That "Oh right, we could die" expression.

I don't really like the animation, but this is flaring my semi-autistic obsession with fictional military practices and camps.

Yeah, it's limited animation, but sometimes the writing really does shine. Especially considering how sanitized most other children's shows are now.

Though I find it interesting how he says he had to fit three books into one season because giving each book its own season would take 10 years.
Do they really work that slow?

I might check this out just because that webm gave me Redwall vibes.

Redwall was based as fuck.

Funny, I don't remember fucking a lizard.

Who can keep track?

I do like that even though he doesn't have super powers, the fact that he trains his heart out anyway still counts for something.

wow no wonder the first 9 episodes feel so slow while the last couple episodes have just to much going on

watchable, but cliche

Even the Kulipari (read: mutant frog capable of incredible feats) hot-shot who was a jerk to Darel at first realizes just how talented he is as a tactician and leader. Hell, Darel's combat skills are pretty amazing too.

I also appreciate their Poison is a double-edged sword. Similar to All Might, if they overexert it at the ragged edge, they run the risk of losing it forever.

Yeah, it trades on some cliches, though the whole story arc with "Yeah uh let's accidentally burn the enemy camp to the ground" was a nice change of pace.

There a mega or torrent for this?

Ugh, the animation really dips into shit tier territory most of the time. I hear much of this was handled by green freelancers hastily plucked off the web, while the handful of decent shots were probably loaded on one or two pros they have in-house.

>Splash Entertainment
What's that?

The amazing people who brought us Norm of the North and Butt Ugly Martians.

I want her to wrap that around things, I think I'm not the only one.

You are the only one here.

>There a mega

I watched all of it last night.

As said in this thread once the big "finale" happens in episode 9 it sort of just flops down into whatever territory which seems to be because of this.

9 was a perfect way to end a season but after that it's just rushed to fuck and really suffered because it couldn't stick the landing. Marmoo is killed off then he's back, Jarrah is the new big bad for an entire episode and then killed off, Jarrah has a new spider sidekick who fucks off never to be seen again, we're introduced to all these new races and concept to go nowhere really, and the actual end was pretty dumb.

Like the last episode was "and then the bad guy one and we ran away for 20 minutes then we found magic water and ULTRA MARMOO fell into the toilet THE END". There was easily 10 more episodes that could have made it pretty damn nice but I guess the time and budget wasn't there which is a shame. I liked Pigo and wanted him to team up but he's just like "I was bullied off screen can I suck your frog dick now".

It's also weird how much screen time the villains got. Marmoo and Jarrah and scorpion antics took up 40% of the screen time and they were cool but weren't really important. Marmoo was also a shit villain. He's supposed to be the strong bullheaded and imposing leader but until he becomes ULTRA MARMOO he's just sort of a retard who even Pigo has to just go "okay I guess we'll go with your plan it's dumb but I love you big bro".