SMILE, GOD DAMN IT, SMILE!

SMILE, GOD DAMN IT, SMILE!

You wouldn't smile either if you were stuck in a Snyder movie

>please dont take this hearing seriously
>please don't be emotionally affected by bad things

This the DCEU user. Happiness and fun are for kiddies who like Marvel flicks while real films are dark and depressing.

>this post

I thought snyder was kicked out. Why is he still directing JL?

He is in a constant state with the same expression: the expression of having a shit too big to come out of your asshole, and the thing has hard bits than go cutting it all the way.

Its the exact same expression of OP.

because his movies still make money, sadly.

Thank fuck Green Lantern isn't in the one he's doing. Probably.

One character he can't get his claws into.

Answer me why would he smile before entering a hearing that is trying to paint him as a horrible person for crimes he didn't commit. Who would smile at that?

You guys don't want a human character, but a smiling robot who never let his emotions affect him.

Superman is not Bruce Wayne. He's not an emotionless jerk who fake to be a carefree playboy.

You know what confuses me? People used to complain that superman was too nice or a "boy scout" l, yet when Snyder and Nu 52 superman come around, everyone is triggered.
Explain this Sup Forums.

That's a lie. He smiled plenty in the movie, but only when appropriate.

>Answer me why would he smile before entering a hearing that is trying to paint him as a horrible person for crimes he didn't commit.

Because he's fucking SUPERMAN. He should inspire us, even during his own personal worst times.

Something you would realise if you actually read the comics.

You fucking shithead DCEU faggots are the worst thing to ever have come out of comics.

Go suck off snyder. Preferably inside a gas chamber.

Even if he smiled, it wouldn't had made the movie better.

Different people and even if it weren't, wanting less of something doesn't mean you want the opposite extreme.

Not only did he smile in the movie, but you missed an opportune chance to say "Just Smile, Darn you, Smile".

>People used to complain that superman was too nice or a "boy scout"

Loud minority

>yet when Snyder and Nu 52 superman come around, everyone is triggered.

Versus loud majority. Entirely different people.

Pretty obvious when you think about it, pal.

Superman in the comics doesn't smile all the times. He isn't a fake.

>smiling as your girlfriend's friend just had his brains blown out
truly the superman we deserve

all the time =/= the fucking never of the DCEU

>Superman is not Bruce Wayne. He's not an emotionless jerk who fake to be a carefree playboy.
...Actually he kind of is, just in reverse.

Superman is the immutable hero that inspires hope act that Clark puts on. He hides the fact that he's sad or troubled by things because people need a symbol to believe,

When Clark wants to be sad he goes off to the Fortress of Solitude to cry it out. Because if people see their icon being weak, they lose hope.

I have read many Superman comics and nothing I have seen in 95% of them suggest he would smile in a scenario such as the OP.

He smiled in the movies.

So he smiles before getting violent?

What a great Superman
Why don't you post when he grinned during the fight with Batman then?

I've found that 99% of the time, those who 'enjoy' Synders supes tend to think the Earth One and New52 Supermen are the best shit.

It's like they've never actually read anything good with the character in it.

It took hours

Yeah it couldn't have been better because it was alrighty top notch.

Mostly because in those Superman comics he's not put into such a stupid situation to begin with.

Would the series be saved if Clark embraced full on Hero of Hope Superman when he's reborn? Would it make up for past mistakes at all?

it was shit, mate. They need to nuke the franchise and start over.

>I watched My Hero Academia and this is what I think Superman is
Stop.

It would make a possible better movie. It wouldn't do anything to fix previous ones.

Fuck off. There is literally no reason why he should smile in this scene whatsoever. On the other hand not having him smile while saving people in the montage was kind of a huge, wasted opportunity.

I like Snyder's Superman and when i think of comparisson i mostly think of John Byrne's Superman.

Okay user, just for you.

In one scene.

The entire fucking movie.

Maybe two scenes in both movies together.

Not so.
Mos is my 2nd favorite movie and I am very very meh on Earth One, I like the tone & style but Clark is way too emo and unlikable, far worse then he was in the DCEU.
New 52 I have read 90% of and its more good then bad but not much in the way of standouts.
The whole depowered arc was mostly bad that said the vandal savage backstory issue was great.

>its like seeing a shiny pokemon

Actually I was thinking specifically of that comic where Superman is reading the daily death toll and grieving over all the people he couldn't help but suuuuuure keep on trying to push your bullshit.

NO
IN THE MOVIE
IN THE BEGINNING
WHILE SAVING PEOPLE

>Bruce is emotionless

Jesus, stop talking

Captain America is written as a boy scout and is the most popular of the MCU tight now...

>outside of the actual movies Henry is charming and likable as fuck
Snyder is like a talent black hole.

He smiled when entering his apartment, he smiled when saving the Mexican girl, he smirked when fighting Batman when he found he got his powers back, he smiled when he saved Lois and so on.

>There is literally no reason why he should smile in this scene whatsoever.

To have him inspire. You know, do what superman is supposed to do.

Also how about not looking like you're about to burn the fucking place down, when you're about to talk to people who are afraid of literally that.

I feel like Im caught in a loop. Snyder shitposting isnt going away is it?

Bruce keeps his emotions in check and when he's playing the Brucie persona he shows a entirely different personality, constantly smiling and makng banter.

Even that only works when you ignore the context and meaning behind most of Byrne's decisions.

The same reason a fucking parent smiles when taking their kid to a funeral, to reassure them that it's all going to be ok.

He could have at least smiled when he was saving people, put them at ease and all. The whole time he's rescuing lives he looks like someone who's just resigned to doing a job they would rather not be doing, that's not what fucking Superman should be conveying with a look.

1.) At the dinner at the bar girl.
2.) When he reassures Lois that he can do things other people can't before he cauterizes her wound.
3.) In the interrogation room with Lois.
4.) His intro to the daily planet.
5.) Before he tackles the dictator.
6.) Bath scene with Lois
7.) Saving the Mexican girl
8.) After the first dose of Kryptonite.

because Captain America is a no name character that barely anybody cared about

He doesn't have the same pop culture baggage that characters like Superman or Aquaman have.

They are literally victims of their own popularity.

Ziggy says you can leap when Snyder makes a superhero movie that is rated fresh on rotten tomatoes.

If Superman smiled when entering the hearing to answer for his crimes the news would say that took the entire thing as a joke and found satisfaction in all the crimes he committed.

It's been going hard since 2013. What makes you think its even close to stopping.

Just wait til Wonder Woman tanks and or is shit.

..and I fucking love wonder woman. Can't wait to see how they ruin her.

The cooks with the kill all alienS signs out front are not going to be swayed by a smile, they are likely gonna see it as sadistic mightier then thouness.

>This is too silly for the DCEU

Nobody is complaining about Batafleck or Spiderman.

>What a corny boy scout. How totally unrealistic.

Never. The reddit kiddos flood whatever thread the DCEU is being talked about in to defend their shit.
inb4 they all I-I don't even go to reddit....I-I just happen to say all the same things as those totally handsome, super buff totally not massive faggots in the DCEU sub because they must be so cool

Even DCEU Superman would smile during something like that.

Show me a panel of Superman smiling while people accuse him of something he didn't do. Please.

>using Injustice Superman

>the news
So? whats your fucking point?

The news has zero input over supermans personality.

So wait, people can't defend the movies? I thought it was a discussion, not a safe space.

Same. Literally the same people most of the time.

>This is a boring mary sue.

>Also how about not looking like you're about to burn the fucking place down

How do people even arrive to these conclusions. Again, superman's purpose is being inspiring, but he can also be solemn and serious when the situation requires him to. A congressional hearing is a formal event, he cannot just smile at the senator's face cause she would think he is mocking her. I'm not saying superman shouldn't smile, If anything that's what Snyder's movies lack the most, but getting triggered because he didn't smile in that particular scene is just ludicrous.

Yeah, but Superman smiling while answering for crimes he didn't commit wouldn't inspire people with confidence or hope, but rather make people think that he doesn't things seriously.

Context, nigga.

>...(but this is totally okay for some reason)

So fucking good. If the DCEU shit actually had scenes like this people might like their Superman.

>Wonder Woman gets press as first female lead superhero fillm like its some sort of landmark
>I like Wonder Woman
>Its mediocre at best, dogshit as worst
>Marvel releases Captain Marvel and everyone praises it
Its what Ive come to expect. Which is a real fucking bummer. Spoiler Alert: It will under perform given the other films its competing with that time window and they'll crank out a poorly edited bland film

I think DC should have avoided the whole destruction angle. Instead of having this whole smorsgasboard of collapsed buildings and dead people, Man Of Steel should have been about that SOMEHOW, Superman saves the day -WITHOUT- turning half the city into rubble, and maybe him succeeding in making the battle take place in wasteland (which was the problem- I know he tried, but trying is worth shit)or somewhere he can cut loose without, I dont know murdering thousands in the process. I know the writers wanted to convey how dangerous superhuman conflict is- but Superman is about hope and justice and the inspiration.

You could have ended the movie with Superman helping rebuild the little damage he performed, and ended the movie on a positive note, like that "Superman is for everyone" line.

DC just had a fucking grimdark boner, and it failed.

I used to say there was never a bad iteration of Alfred, but this movie did the impossible.
Not once did he ever feel like an Alfred, just a snarky sidekick.

This is the same Superman that would crash someone's car (with no guarantee he wouldn't injury him), trash his car and threaten him about not showing his face again even if they are asking for his help.

The same guy that thrashed the military drone almost hitting the general's car and told them to fuck off because he is not going to be watched by anyone.

He is not a hero, he is a bully that only acts as a hero because he feels obligated in doing so and because his girlfriend, for whom he would leave anything and fly to the other side of the world in an instant to save her while ignoring people in need of help on the other side of the bay, lives on the planet.

The only safe space is DCEU Sup Forums faggots pretending that their universe isnt shit. I want a good DC movie verse, but WB has fucked up

YOU'VE BROKEN THE NATURAL ORRRRRRDERRRRRR

>lying to someone just to be "nice"

if the cop were actually useful or doing their job there would be no need of these heroes

especially not Nightwing

>I just wouldn't be able to take him seriously if he did something like this, you know? I mean look at it. he's wearing a costume!

>>lying to someone
Spotted the Snyderfag.

>DCEU sub

Enjoy my tags. Use em so I can avoid talking to them at all costs.

Why the fuck is SnySupes always looking down at the ground?

Is he trying to remember what he had for breakfast? Looking out for cracks in the sidewalk? Upset he forgot his sunglasses?

Superman is smart, he wouldn't actually believe that a fat cop is actually useful or doing his job properly

>Why the fuck is SnySupes always looking down at the ground?
Because Christ allegories.

At a point it seems more like some of you are just actively searching to rile yourselves up.

Post me pages of Superman smiling....

>... when fighting a enemy where lives are at stake
>... during a huge catastrophe with tons of dead while the enemy is still at large
>... when watching news of bad things alone
>... when discussing things that disturb with Lois or his mother
>... when exerting force trying to save people
>... when approaching a hearing where he's going to answer for bad things he didn't do

Please.

Well, the movie isn't about Batman and we don't see him on butler duty.

This is more or less what I wanted, especially during the senate meeting that was a complete waste

Damn it supes, it's going to take a week to get a contractor to fix that concrete.

Because Superman is always looking down on humanity from up high.
Snyder is actually the Lex of our universe, just without the intelligence.

You can't defend the indefensible. All you faggots do is post the exact same shit over and over again
>you just don't like him because not muh superman
>you just didn't understand the movie
>critics are biased
>b-batman and superman have totally killed in the movies before
>t-they've also killed in the comics before in this random elseworlds or the golden age
>h-he's not superman yet
>he totally smiled in that this one scene if you squint real hard
All you fucking do is desperately reach to try and convince yourselves that the movies are good.

I'm a huge fucking DC fan, all I fucking want is a great DCEU, but I'm not going to try and delude myself into thinking that's what we've got. I'd rather be fucking honest so that when this shit eventually fails miserably (and it will) that when they start again we get proper fucking adaptions of these characters.

These are objectively terrible films, accept that and move on. Deep down you know it's true.

>He drank the Snyder cider

I KNOW! I was thinking "old Tony Stark" the entire goddamn time. I was expecting Iron Man to bust out any second, and then the Bat-Suit came.

This, Superman would shame the lardass for being a sack of fat. Its the most logical action.

No, safe space is the NOT MUH faggots that want to complain about the movies without having to actually address and explain their complaints.

>Snyder is actually the Lex of our universe, just without the intelligence.

this sound so hollow when coming from someone with all the powers as Superman

>>... when fighting a enemy where lives are at stake

HE COULD HAVE TALKED, HE COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING, ANYTHING

HE COULD HAVE GIVEN HIS PIECE, HIS HEROIC SPEECH, THEN PROFESSOR X COULD HAVE BLOWN UP

FUCK
FUCK
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCK

That list is nowhere near big enough....

name 1 movie Batman that is not George Clooney that hasn't killed anyone, at all.

Faggot, if you've been here long enough you would know most have given up trying to explain it to you people. All valid criticism fall on deaf ears hear, and people are tired of answering shitposts.