Immigrants

How you doing folks?

Did you get what you wanted? Was it worth of it? Do you ever consider to get back?

I left Poland for a comfy job in the Silicon Valley at 6 figures. I'd say I got what I wanted and it was worth it.

That being said, the place is overcrowded and full of left-wingers. As soon as I retire I will move somewhere else and focus on my own projects. There is no sense of community here.

Do you ever consider to move to DC area? A lot of it jobs there in Virginia and Maryland, as I heard.

Did you bring a chick or hoping to find someone locally?

Me is manufacturing wageslave, but I see a lot of perspectives though.

There aren't that many tech jobs in the east coast and the ones that are there don't pay as well as the SV. There's also a lot less mobility.

I broke up with my British gf to come here. The relationship was going nowhere but I still feel kinda bad about it. I'm hoping I will find a nice girl here but so far all of them seem extremely high-maintenance.

Do you live in Montreal? I got a job offer from there as well but in the end the salary was not so good.

F R E E M O N E Y

I don't think American girls are worth of marriage at all.
I would probably gather up gold and come back and make a business and get a house

M O N E Y
O
N
E
Y
M O N E Y
O
N
E
Y
M O N E Y
O
N
E
Y

Nah, I don't want to deal with the bureaucracy anymore. I can see how much time my parents spend in offices because they own their businesses, I couldn't do that.

My parents are very happy here. But I can literally smell the difference. I don't belong here. I need to go back, take the knowledge I gathered here and use it to make my homeland at least as good as this place.

That statue looks neat. Like, real neat. And somewhat modern, but still like actual art.
Not sure if I want to know the story behind it though, considering the file name.

Thats true,
soviet block bullshit needs to go :(

only pussies and traitors run from their homeland
fuck them

Yes, otherwise my family would be back in Norway or Greece right now

What do u do in tech exactly? And what sort of schooling/training did u have to do?

Same. It's nice here, but I don't really feel at home here. I want to give the people something back in return for the education I've received through public service and then go home. I don't particularly like the culture either.

You give me hope.

No, not in Montreal, and don't even think about moving there. IT in Canada is rudimental, shitty paid but hugely taxated, in comparison to us. Literally everyone it immigrant here because of screwing up on us visa, dreaming about moving there in future.

East cost tech jobs market may be lesser than east cost, but still larger than Canadian as a whole.

I never worked that intensive in my life before, as it worth of it. Living on a welfare is good for some Syrian peasants, still with some effort yhey can be quite well off.

I'm a scientist, I had to get a PhD in computer science.

yes yes yes

Well the eritreans, niggers, bosnians and albos aren't leaving anytime soon - you may miss a perfectly assimilated owner of a swiss passport. Anyway - as soon as I get my degree I'm gone.

>leaves out serbs
serb detected