Has Harley Quinn always been like this and I was just too naive as a kid...

Has Harley Quinn always been like this and I was just too naive as a kid? I remember a gullible trickster with a childish crush on Joker, but nowadays her relationship with him is infinitely more disturbing and unlikable.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicastle.org/read-harley-quinn-vol-1-chapter-8.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its been this way since she was brought into the comics basically

I unironically want to put my thumb in her butt.

This. Lighthearted characters tend to suffer when brought into a shared universe with grimdark characters. Pic related.
There's also the problem that at least one of DC's editors has a *massive* skankification fetish. Pic related.

Mad love was written by Harley Quinns creator and was adapted for BTAS. You're both just looking at the character through the misunderstanding eyes of a child. She's always been sexualized and abused.

Mary did suffered through Countdown, huh. How did the character recovered from that?

Fuck the Joker. How do people like that character

This

She slept her way tru school
experimented on on her bf to test the power of love
Try to seduce bucky
hit on robin dressed as bat girl
all pre 52.she allways been A sexual person & A hopless romantic
& A deeper character & sexy without being in A skanky costume
But new harley is just A crazy clown bimbo that did the loker & lost what made her A great character.

Harley Quinn was nothing more than the Amy Rose to Joker's Sonic when she was first created.

>Try to seduce bucky

W-What!?

But that costume tho...I want Mary to lose her innocence again just so she can wear that costume again.

IIRC The Marvels were pretty much ignored until Flashpoint and the reboot. Then we got the power ranger squad.

>b-but muh degeneracy!
One of the main things I liked about Final Crisis was how it showed Mary Marvel getting literally possessed by a dirty old man and forced to be a stereotypical "bad girl" for his titillation. Can't you people just go and fap to Shitbase or something?

>Lighthearted characters tend to suffer

>Ted Beetle dies
>Booster Gold almost all of Johns' run
>Elongated Man dies; wife raped, then dies
>Myxtplk/Batmite get Little Leaguers' Superman killed
To say nothing of Joker

JUST

>The Black Marvel isn't the black guy
I hope someone was fired/promoted for this.

Sorry, can't hear you over how fucking amazing this costume is.

Really? Cause I found Desadd possessed Mary to be the shittiest part of Final crisis. That shit was way too heavy handed and meta and I know complaining about Morrison being heavy handed and meta is like complaining about water being wet but that shit didn't even go anywhere.

We had that panel at the end where she said that she could never say the word again, and then Morrison made that fridge joke with Lois at the end.

The bulleteer parts of Seven soldiers gets whatever point Morrison was trying to make in a way better capacity.

I think Mary would be pretty cool actually. It'd be like Cain and Abel but if Cain was a qt3.14

>As a villain

Yeah, it was just dull.

She got caught up in the WOW SO MATURE tide that washes over comics every so often.

Remember that time the Joker cut off his own face and then stapled it back on, because WOW SO MATURE? Its like that.

She was always somewhat sexualized but it was very toned down. Ever since Arkham they've been upping it up big time.

This. Many characters get grimdarked up and sexualized when they're adapted into the comics or retooled for modern audiences. I thought Baby Dahl would be a good character for the comics but I honestly fear what the writers would do with her.

>toned down
Her costume was a skintight clown suit and when she wasn't wearing that she was usually hanging out with ivy in nothing but their underwear.

wow it does look nice

It's literally the only good thing that came out of Countdown.

I always interpreted her suit as baggy and made out of material. Maybe not completely baggy, but not skin tight.

Either way, that's toned down compared to most of DC.

You interpreted it as baggy when Timm and other artists would draw her naked and add lines?

And that's not forgetting the scene where she covers herself in pudding or whatever.

She was really sexual user.

The artstyle of TAS was more cartoony so Harley was seen as sexual in a "HELLOOOO, NURSE!" sort of way. Also we were innocent kids.

>we were innocent kids
Who were being exposed to a homicidal clown groupie.

>nowadays her relationship with him is infinitely more disturbing and unlikable.
I distinctly remember BTAS Joker being explicitly abusive. He pimpslapped her through a window right out of a building at one point.

>experimented on her BF

What?

I played along. She's like a six anyway.

Wait when Mary and Marel Jr. lost their powers was that pre or post Final Crisis???

Cause I remember Trails of Shazam for Freddy but I can't remember if it was post or pre IC also.

Then wasn't there a story about how each power from the acronym SHAZAM was from different gods. Or was that Part 2 of Trails of Shazam???

Meh, that's not too sexual. Only mildly kinky and not that nsfw.

She was a cartoon character so it wasn't as explicit or extreme but it was always there. In the old cartoon Joker slapped the shit out of her all the time and Ivy was always trying to get her to leave him.

>Shadbase
HEY! I may want to see Mary become drunk on dark powers and take Billy as a sex slave but that doesn't mean I want shitty tattoos and piercings.

It was a little experiment she did in how far a person would go for the people they loved, everything went to Hell went her professor went behind her back and spiked her BF "think drink" with Joker toxin without her knowing that

Trials of Shazam was post IC
Mary was in a coma till countdown
Both her and Billy. Lost their powers after FC and Freddy became Captain Marvel.

It just shows you have oldfags know no bounds they will literally complain about a costume change ad nauseum for years when the character is literally the same person

I'm almost surprised no one is complaining about Ted's new doc savage look

Really. Op is retarded.

But I thought that was her badgirl suit from the ICBINTJL

Remember the Batman TAS episode where Harley leaves Joker and becomes partners with another woman, living in a trailer until Joker turns up with a load of heavies determined to drag her back?

That was a thing

>Mary become drunk on dark powers and take Billy as a sex slave
Godly taste

Does diving into chemicals and bleaching skin do anything for Joker/Harley anyway? Do they get some kind of power from it?

It was implied, but not directly stated

No.

Why doesn't Sup Forums read comics?

>She slept her way tru school
>experimented on on her bf to test the power of love

comicastle.org/read-harley-quinn-vol-1-chapter-8.html

the exact same issue that shows she experimented on her boyfriend also shows that she didn't sleep her way through school. Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Harley's powers come from Poison Ivy

it was retconned (just like having her fucking her way to her degree was a retcon in the first place, desu senpai)

In the DCAU she did.

But Ralph and Sue came back as spirit detectives. I wish they'd done more with that angle. I wonder if Ralph ever mastered the Spirit Shotgun

Well the DCAU is full of stupid shit.

Like Harley Quinn?

You know whats sad? DC has TONS and I mean TONS of writers trying to bring back the Marvel family with their cheerful roots intact... but editorial always nixes their pitches for them.

It is genuinely fucked up.

I am surprised Morrison was given a pass with Thunderworld. I hope to see more of it in multiversity too.

Because it's meant for children with jokes that parents can understand. Also the DCAU was better put together for years than the regular DC comic universe.

DCAU also had Babs and Bruce fucking and John Stewart cucking Hawkman. Everybody knows that DCAU != real continuity

I will find whoever ruined her and get my vengeance.

>There's also the problem that at least one of DC's editors has a *massive* skankification fetish.

that's how we went from from this

...to this

So who is it?. Berganza? Harras? DiDio? Jim? Geoff?

As Alan Moore said, they're all imaginary stories. She was created by Paul Dini for the DCAU and he wrote Mad Love.

Actually Mad Love was written by Daul Pini, the bizarre copy of Dini. So it doesn't count

>heterochromia
Dropped before I even picked it up.

Yes, it was always an unhealthy relationship and shes always been a sexy character.
She got her degree by sleeping around.

>The more popular she gets with women the sluttier she gets
>The sluttier she gets the more popular she gets with women

Classic Harley looks like she's gonna rape Nu Harley in this pic.

Yup. Mad Love episode

Not canon

Yet when he does it in a live action movie, everyone. Looses their minds!

Not cannon my ass. Harley originated in the DCAU.

That's because being a whore is a common fantasy for women. Which is ok because it's a fantasy. It's when it spills out into reality, and then gets shoved down little girls throats as "empowering" instead of "being reduced to a sex object who will never be taken seriously by anyone" that it becomes problematic