One trick pony?

I always liked this guy as a comedian, I thought he had good timing and delivery. Today was the first time I saw his new show.

Monologue starts with Trump, fair enough, he passes as current events. Keeps going about Trump. The entire 15 minute (I was doing cardio so I had a timer running) monologue is nothing but Trump. A funny joke or two I admit but literally all on one topic.

Commercial break, guests come on. First question: Trump. Second question: Trump. Third "question": look at this tweet by Trump.

The guests stayed on for a long enough time to have a commercial break in the middle so maybe 20-25 minutes. Not a single mention of anything not Trump related.

Do people find this funny? Regardless of your political views does it not get boring? Is every episode like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wxoUvO2nN6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stay mad, pissboy.

I loved him on Strangers with Candy. Never cared for his talk shows before or after Trump, but his attitude towards a man doing nothing but trying to help this country is honestly disgusting and embarrassing and feels a bit forced at this point.

TWO

DON'T CLAP

>mfw Americans have to be told when and when not to clap.

I'm not American, I didn't vote for either.

I used to watch a lot of Conan's late night back in the day and although he was clearly liberal I never remember him fixating on one topic for an entire episode. One or two jokes in the monologue, maybe one more with the guests. I'm not exaggerating when I say Colber did not ask the guests (some talk show hosts themselves if I understood correctly) a single question about their show or personal life or anything. Only Trump. And the episode was from last month, not right during the election.

I'm just tired of hearing about Trump period, whether it's from Faux News or Colbert. Colbert is simply pathetic because he can't even try to hide how much of a shill he is for the Democrats.

le both sides are le same XD

I genuinely liked his show on Comedy Central. He was playing a far right wing Republican and seemed to have a fun time doing it.

Now he's just a whiny little snowflake. He's the literal embodiment of the intellectual snowflake.

>Arguments written for him
>Virtue signals for a cheering audience
>Dissenting of any other opinion

>le epic nipple rub
>XD

Fuck Conan. Dude isn't funny.

I also really liked his Comedy Central show and the segments he had on John Stewart's show befote that. Never watched either regularly but I always thought he was a good comedian when I did see him.

By the way I did some research and went on REDDIT where they have a thread for each episode. Not a single comment on the amount of Trump content. So I guess it is like this every time?

Yeah, both sides are filled with retards, shills, mouthbreathers, whistleblowers, falseflaggers, pretty much the same.

It's mostly because Trump is an easy target right now.

Comedians work very difficult jobs most of the time and the top of the top constantly run out of talking material because of what's expected of them. Trump is a godsend for comedy because ever since and during the election politics has become extremely popular on cable and social media again and he continues to hand out ammo.

>I always liked this guy as a comedian, I thought he had good timing and delivery

This is what I've hated about him most, even before this era of politics I'd change channels after the daily show ended because his comedic skill was awful. He has one singular style of delivery and it's the same annoying voice inflections over and over and over. The only reason I have to hate him now more than ever is the fact that he's not a comedian at all. Go watch his election night special if you don't believe me, he is a die-hard zealot, none of it is a joke. Everything that comes out of his mouth is meant to be persuasive. At the moment he realize Hillary lost the comedy abruptly ended and he began to almost cry tears of anguish, taking it as a personal failure on his part. He is a pundit disguised as a comedian and completely pisses on the grave of actual comedy.

Idk. I don't know if it's because I started getting older or what but those Comedy News shows peaked around 2008. Pretty much after Obama get into office they stopped being funny, now they're just a bitch fest.

Not to mention the whole thing is pushed by a bunch of faggots and kikes.

You just don't get it, user. He's playing a Far Left Democrat this time. He's rusing us all.

For starters I was like 12-17 years old when I watched the show daily. Also if you think it was his nipple rub or other slapstick comedy that made him popular you must've missed more than a few jokes. Segments like In the year 2000, Insult comic dog, Recliner of rage or Celebrity secrets were the fan favourites none featuring physical comedy. And it might've been randumb bit the walker texas ranger lever was comedy gold.

I also stopped watching them right around that time, 08 or 09, so it's possible it was more than just growing up. There wasn't much on at 3am while I was at the gym so that's how I ended up watching it today. Can't imagine ever watching it at home.

he did kind of become a one trick pony, explains why people keep tuning out though the network keeps releasing weird polls instead of actual data which shows Kimmel at the top or fallon not Colbert by a loooOOOooooooOOOOoooooooong shot

No, he's a bleeding heart liberal and he always has been. That's what made the Colbert Report (aka Late Night Show Part 1) so fun.

I won't say he's talentless, but I'd like to see him without Trump for material - at least the writing would be smarter.

He did a great interview with Howard Stern, he has an interesting life story, but when you hang around with that kike Jon Stewart enough it's bound to get to your head.

Idk, just doesn't tickle my funny bone. The only thing I find remotely funny is some of his expressions during celebrity interviews.

Even though I watched him every night I was always split too. The nipple rub, the string dance, the hair flip, walking really close to the camera etc. none of it was ever funny even to a kid. But he had (in my opinion) good writers and the schticks relying entirely on written material did amuse me. And like you said he was good with faces, the deadpan stare after being made fun of by a guest was somehow always funny.

The one where they watch unusual satellite TV was always gold.

>Trump is an egomaniac
>Media prides themselves in shitting on people
>Trump enrages media
>They do nothing but talk about him
Every knuckle dragging braindead liberal thinks they're doing a public service by talking about Trump.

It's like a retarded form of symbiotic mutualism, where both parties do nothing but talk shit about the other.

Totally forgot about that one, definitely one of the best recurring skits.

What was the bit called where they had white text on a blue screen and it would go "X is to Y what Z is to..."? That one was also consistently good.

He's emblematic of the media.

The only good thing to come out of Trump's presidency is that I've found something better to do than watch TV.

It's a shame The Colbert Report ended before Trump was elected. The material would've been gold.

>and seemed to have a fun time doing it
This is the most overlooked part. Now he actually feels hateful.

Those were supposed to be questions Conan sent to several celebrities. There'd always be 2 serious answers and 1 joke one.
My favorite one was Geraldo Rivera's real name being Douchebag Jones before he changed it.

IN THE YEAR
2 0 0 0

>24/7 trump

Is Colbert actually autistic?

No that was another bit but that one was also very good. I was thinking of SAT analogies: youtu.be/wxoUvO2nN6Q

his "one trick" has always been sarcastic jokes. I don't get why people are getting mad at him now because he's bashing their shitty favorite person

>Let the gays begin
Haha fuck, 2004 doesn't sound that long time ago
but goddamn

>gay joke
>several jokes about sluts
>making fun of Aretha Franklin for being fat
Shit, any of these jokes would be considered too edgy by today's standards. I miss those days.