It's Offical - Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke

blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/09/08/joe-manganiello-will-play-deathstroke-in-ben-afflecks-batman-movie/?mod=e2twsy

>DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Geoff Johns confirmed the casting in his first interview discussing his new role overseeing Warner Bros.’ movies based on DC Comics characters.

DC continues to lead in mancandy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UaD8x5T58o8
youtube.com/watch?v=rRDAh-fSM60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pee-Wee will be happy to know his actor friend is still getting work.

He's actually a fairly good actor but it always baffled me a little that his name always floated around in Deathstroke casting discussions. He doesn't really look old enough. I mean, make-up exists, but it's still a bit strange.

Doesn't really need make up since comic characters never look old, just dye his hair white

>Yfw he has one eye and a weird Australian accent

Would stroke/10

That moment when you realize that Deathstroke and The Penguin's Dad are besties.

I would have preferred Benicio Del Toro to be honest.

Too old and fat.

>The Penguin's Dad
Oh shit, I have to catch up on Gotham so hard.

The Big Boss lives

Unfortunately.

Cool, I liked him in Sabotage.

God fucking dammit those goddamn abs are out of this world.

Now we need Toby Maguire as the real Jimmy Olsen

well alright now we have youngish old deathstroke

Bat-Mite in the DCEU when?

and he's big like affleck too so he won't look tiny in the costume

>Batman: Magic Mike

>With Zatanna as a stripper

>Dafoe
>Simmons
>Mancandiello
>possibly Molina

who's next Dunst?

Isn't Deathstroke supposed to be old though? Not to mention that Del Toro could probably lose weight for a role.

>mancandy
The real test is going to be Nightwing, is there an ass alive that is good enough?

>nightwing being in the dceu
lol

Here's the most recent picture of him, from the end of August when he was in London.

SHAZAM

What a disappointment. They're just gonna make him a dark mirror Batman aren't they?

We're in the age of aging action stars and they de-age the character to go for a cookie cutter mancandy model instead of someone like Kurt Russell or Mel Gibson.

Him and Manu Bennet look pretty damn similar.
Manu was great lookwise, no reason to believe he won't either

Wolfman had him being similar to Batman anyway

>We're in the age of aging action stars
Not really. Outside of The Expendables, any attempt from these aging action stars to do new movies was a financial disappointment.

He makes even Arnold and the Hulkster look like manlets

lol nightwing is dead man

Deathstroke is mirror batman though
look at wintergreen and his crazy kids

Were people really thinking they'd get a 50-60+ year old man to play Deathstroke?

Thomas Haden Church as Two-Face
Bryce Dallas Howard as Poison Ivy
James Franco as Riddler
Elizabeth Banks as Catwoman
Kirsten Dunst as Oracle

Yes but I'm one of those idiots that makes the mistake of caring about the DCCU

D-Daddy!

Same idiots who think Stephen Lang should be Cable

Joe is 6'5" and Affleck is 6'4". I'm fine with the casting really. All you really need to do is give Manganiello some grey and limit his role and he'll be fine. They did the same with KGBased and he was great. Plus most of the fight scenes will be done by stunt crew in fully concealing costumes, so you know it'll be fantastic like the BvS warehouse scene.

And that tripe HHH should be Thor.

And this is how my hype for the movie dies.
Fuck Geoff Johns

When did they say that?

he was also Penguin's Dad in Batman Returns too.

>And this is how my hype for the movie dies.
>Fuck Geoff Johns
You fascinate me. What don't you like about this, and why are you blaming Johns?

They didn't

Not him but I wanted Ron Perlman.

He's not 200 years old like Slade is and Johns hates Batman and is out to ruin the movie because of it, duh.

>no one's posted this yet

You're getting slow, Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaD8x5T58o8

To be fair, Lang as Cable makes a lot more sense than Triple H as Thor. Lang is actually a capable actor.

Well likewise Marvel now has to cast all the actors from the 90s Batman movies.

>Jack Nicholson
>Danny DeVito
>Michelle Pfeiffer
>Christopher Walken
>Val Kilmer
>Chris O'Donnell
>Alicia Silverstone
>Jim Carrey
>Arnold

He's got the silver goatee already. Give him an eyepatch and a white-hair wig and he'd look pretty good.

>and why are you blaming Johns?

Yee, why should i blame the WRITER of the movie, the CONSULTANT, the EXECUTIVE, CCO and PRESIDENT of DC for a Batman movie with a character that isnt a a Batman Villian.

Johns Knowledge of batman comes from cartoons and games. Deathstroke is a bad sign.

Johns is a cunt that took the writing job away from actual batman writers, same as the consultant job. Fuck you for defending him.

>Johns hates Batman
If anything at most he dislikes Batgod. Batman is a DC character though, which implicitly means Johns loves him. Stay salty though, and keep pretending Affleck doesn't have as much ownership of this as Johns does.

Oh boy, this actor choice is sure to ensure that the entire movie won't be shit!

Deathstroke is mirror Captain America.

I'll Stroke him any day.

Sure, Affleck said "you know what Batman villian i loved as a teen? Deathstroke".

Fuck off pathetic Johnsfag.

Yummy.

>He wanted another Batman v Joker movie

>Deathstroke is mirror Captain America.

No, Slade was both competent, strong and well trained, not a skinny manlet

Yes because Joker is actually Batman's arch enemy and Leto was good in what little time he had in Suicide Squad, johnsfag

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a bad choice at all, I'm just wondering why his name has been attached to the role for so long.

Deathstroke isn't associated that much with Batman, but he does provide a good counterpoint to him, from a character perspective. From a filmmaking standpoint, a villain like Deathstroke also provides a good excuse for action scenes and an opponent that can match Batman physically, something you don't really see that much in Batman's own rogues gallery.

That being said, I doubt that Deathstroke is gonna be the only villain in the film. I imagine that some more closely associated with Batman may appear.

Danny Devito as Mole Man.

how can you get that from from that post? seriously?

>he thinks Johns is writing

>not Affleck

You can rationalise whatever the fuck you want, but there's no way Affleck isn't writing 90% of the screenplay for this. Nothing gets him hard like gritty crime thrillers and Deathstroke is a perfect avenue for that in terms of Batman.

The man had Goyer pushed out to bring in his pet writer buddy in to re-write BvS. You really think he's being pushed around by the cereal man?

I can't take anyone seriously when they try and argue this won't be Affleck's film through-and-through. Whether this sinks or swims depends entirely on his writing and his direction, he's the only director besides James Wan in the DCEU to have the clout to tell the executives to fuck off.

>he thinks Deathstroke will be the main villain

I'd put down cold, hard cash that Black Mask is going to be the main villain and Deathstroke will be the physical heavy for Bats to fight.

Having seen Affleck's other movies, it's would be the most Affleck choice possible.

>Deathstroke's ace in the hole is to seduce his enemies with a striptease.
Make it happen DC

>Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a bad choice at all, I'm just wondering why his name has been attached to the role for so long.
Because he was originally going to be in Suicide Squad and Manganiello's name came up way back then.

He's too good for capeshit nigger.

Affleck didn't need to come up with the idea of including Deathstroke to like the idea of what he brought to the overall story he is trying to tell. After the critical blowback BvS received the entire world knows that he doesn't want what happened to it to happen to his Batman movie, so considering his track record instead of being an autist who is going to sit in the corner and cry because we aren't getting another version of the same movie we've already seen, I'm actually going to trust Affleck who is unhindered by Snyder this time around, and am eager to see what he, the superior filmmaker IMO, can offer us, because chances are if his movie has storytelling complexity, it'll actually be of substance and not pretentiousness like what Snyder gave us.

>I'd put down cold, hard cash that Black Mask is going to be the main villain and Deathstroke will be the physical heavy for Bats to fight.
>Having seen Affleck's other movies, it's would be the most Affleck choice possible.

It's the best case scenario really. Just have a cold-open where Bruce stops one of the more outlandish villains, like Mad Hatter, Riddler or Clayface, and it will do a good job showing how Gotham is garden for gimmicky assholes

>Val Kilmer
Give him the hair and he'd make a good Norman Osborn. He's slimmed down again now.

>Deathstroke is younger than Batman

the DCEU is a disaster

Not with Johns involved, it could be a decent movie thanks to affleck, but pitching Deathstroke was already a terrible idea, from the very same guy that gave us cyborg in the league.

>Every DCEU movie has a scene with a hot guy doing shirtless.
It's like DC wants me to go gay. Based DC.

So DC gets both J Jonah Jameson and Flash Thompson from the Raimi Spidey films, huh?

>another model dude who cant act to save his life

he's banging latina tit cow too

All I want is this more or less
youtube.com/watch?v=rRDAh-fSM60

he really doesn't
all the time he writes Batman he makes him an asshole that is only there to threat people badly and then apologize at the end

or is just there to praise some other character
and he brings up his dead parents all the time as if that's the only thing he knows about the character

those are things that I expect from casuals on Sup Forums who will now probably say "but that's how Batman is" not from the guy in charge of his movie

Funny huh!

nah deathstroke isn't about the good ole usa he's about money and his code

No, Johns really doesn't like Batman.

He's upfront about hating Batgod, as any normal writer would, but Batman is clearly low on his list of characters he likes, and Johns likes a loooooooot of characters.
It's why he writes him as an asshole 99% of the time, even to his friends.

Now its Marvel/Sony's turn. Last time they stole Keaton. Who are they gonna take next? Kim Basinger to play Madame Webb?

as director he is most definitely going to be writing the character more than Johns is

Wait so they are going to waste the movie on Deathstroke? It's not like Batman has a shortage of villains,I guess no detective work this time either

really hope they aren't just going to use his movie to push Deathstroke and the Titans

Oh shit I got him confused with Brolin. Brolin would have made a top tier Deathsroke.

You can like a character and think they're an asshole.

Bruce is an anal asshole, that's part of his character.

Nice.

And Brolin is Thanos

You are talking with a Johnsfag, they like Johns take on batman couse they dislike batman.
They defended Darkside war until the very end, everything good about the movies or series or cartoons is thanks to johns and every bad shit is not his fault. Johns was the first writer casuals back in 2006 likes those casuals are now Ubercasuals

Who gives a fuck? All DC movies are shit; Suicide Squad set the standard for the entire universe. Warner Brothers now knows they can shell out shit and it'll still be a commercial success defended to death by delusional fanboys.

Man of Steel = SHIT

Batman v Superman = SHIT

Suicide Squad = APOCALYPTIC SHIT

3 strikes and you're out. Not even gonna allow myself to get hyped for this garbage anymore.

Well they could do a thing where Black Mask, Penguin, and other mob bosses pool their money to hire Deathstroke. That and Joker thrown into the mix.

No its not. And Johns DOESNT LIKE BATMAN.
That's a Fact, he didnt read batman as a teen or as a kid.

>deathstroke isn't about the good ole usa
That's the point.

>for a Batman movie with a character that isnt a a Batman Villian.
Admittedly, it was a gamble, but what it the bat-villain most closely tied to Batman?
On top of that the rest of it stank of butthurt that Johns wasn't going to give a conventional Bat-story because he "lacks the knowledge" to provide one, and is clearly already viewed as the scapegoat for everything that may go wrong with this movie because that user is still upset that when Johns had the opportunity to tell a story about his version of Batman, it wasn't Batgod, which can only mean he hates Batman, and what is more basic a Batman story than Batman v the Joker? Yes, it was a gamble, but seems to confirm it was a good one to make.

A-are we going to get a training sequence like in BvS?

Yeah SS was the final straw for me personally

>You really think he's being pushed around by the cereal man?
>Geoff Johns wakes up in the middle of the night, in the darkness lording over him its Ben >Al-Flick dressed in full Batman regalia...his eyes shine with barely contain madness and fury...
>Johns: w-whaaats going on...Ben?
>Al-Flick: So i just read Batman: Earth One...we need to talk about your place in this project...i'm Batman...

It really isn't which is why Johns has tried to temper that aspect of his writing

No worries, bro. I'm going to see it at least twice. :^)

Well even if the movie is shit and he'll be shit at acting, at least he'll be nice to look at?

I'm trying to be an optimist.

why do you people bring up Batgod everytime someone criticize Johns' characterization of Batman? no one even said anything about Batman doing thing but just the way he behaves when written by him