Was this accurate?

Was this accurate?

Also, recommend british history kino

bump

no idea if this show is accurate or not but you should check out the BBC production of War and Peace, it has like 10 times more budget than Wolf Hall

Probably not, it's based on novels.

Also, Henry VIII was a fat motherfucker.

it has the POV of Thomas Cromwell with More being a villain.
Difficult to say accurate, but its very good.

A very accurate (and very well-written) British history kino is Game of Thrones.

>Henry VIII was a fat motherfucker

Only when he was old, like really old. He was famously virile and powerful as a younger man.

Fun fact. I live about 300 metres away from the palace. I often sit in the gardens at Hampton Court Palace eating a sandwich watching the tourists enjoying themselves.

Moore was a dick but I don't think he was a villain. Anne and the dudes that fucked over the cardinal were

>Also, recommend british history kino

Things I can thin off that I watched and liked:

Henry V
Cromwell (1970)
Pillars of the Earth
Cromwell

Started pic related this weekend and I didnt hate it.

Jenna Coleman's eyes are gross

Was it kino?

No really. My 16 year old self only watched it for the sex scenes. Don't remember much from it except for JohnRhysM's shitty old man acting in season 4

Only in later life, especially after he had a nasty horse riding injury. Before then, he was known to be ridiculously /fit/ and incredibly tall for his time. Pic related, a suit of his armour.

Fucking love Hampton Court. I always book a day off work when they start selling grapes from the Great Vine so I can go and get some.

Sharpe - Sean Bean as a rifleman in the Napoleonic Wars

Hornblower - Shipkino

The Last Kingdom - A bit like Vikings, if Vikings was historically accurate, and good

seasons 2 & 3 were great
1 was boring as fuck

>Dat bulge

kek

One of the best animes I've ever seen

>Accurate
On the details; yes. The book its based on is very well researched, I think it does a pretty good job or trying to get across how medieval folk thought and not just lived. Also nice to see the lighting done right

On the Big Picture: more questionable. Cromwell's reputation goes through phases, to some he's the first secularist, the first prime minister, he's a humanist etc etc. To others he's was a bully and a backstabbing, conniving git who murdered and stole to ingratiate himself and the King.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle

>Similar Stuff
i Claudius: similar setup. An often judged historical personality viewed from another angle, with decent historical research, top rate acting and music. It also features BRIAN BLESSED NOT SHOUTING

> Be a French soldier
> Think you're gonna have a great time killing the English
> Suddenly in the midst of battle you hear a great bellowing
> Out of the mist, King Henry VIII charges, his giant steel schlong aimed directly at you
> Before you know what's going on, you are blugeoned to death by the immense pre-syphilitic girth of the English king

gotta protect the crown jewels

>his giant steel schlong aimed directly at you

>To others he's was a bully and a backstabbing, conniving git who murdered and stole to ingratiate himself and the King

I didnt like how these details were "brought up" by people asking Thomas what he did when he was away, speculating on rumors and implying that his childhood lead directly to the "supposed" behaviour.

Also, did the Anne Boleyn accusations come out of nowhere in IRL like they did in the show?

wolf hall is anti-more propaganda

check this out instead

In the books the effect is less jarring because bookfag Cromwell is a hulking slab of a man, with a more jovial manner. Mark Rylance is quite slight and has never worked as a butcher

The books also spend quite a lot of time layering the backstories, with tales from the Italian wars etc so you yourself don;t know how much "bad stuff" he's really got up to

On the screen they've just compressed it, so I can see why its a bit annoying.

>Anne Boleyn
I'm not going to pretend I am any expert here, historians have written book after book on this subject and they all disagree. I think its fair to say that there are rumours going around about pretty much everybody in power, some will have snippets of truth.

But the general consensus is that Cromwell cooked up a show trial with a mixture of truth and fiction.

IRL it wasn't an overnight thing, it took months and months, years even. Once Anne started dropping miscarriages, Henry started pushing her around.

RE the books: they're quite a pain to read honestly, the writing style deliberately evokes period writing, so it has a weird pace and delivery that is quite tricky to get your head around. Honestly I prefer the audiobooks

>IRL it wasn't an overnight thing, it took months and months, years even

Some of the rumours I get like her maybe "practising" with young niggas etc. but her fucking her brother (who was barely mentioned beforehand)? Her fucking the musician in plain view of her maids? I just didnt buy it all. Cunt in pic related dropped hints early on that Anne was a thot but it really went from 0-60. If they had spent more time on Anne and hadnt made it so much of Cromwell revenge thing (which it wasnt really) it wouldnt have been so jarring

Sharpe is the best apart from the soundtrack. The lingering electric guitar music can really take you out of the feeling that this is the turn of the 19th century.

A Man for All Seasons is great. Haven't seen Wolf Hall but it would be intetesting to see the story told from the other side

He was fat and forced people to call it beefcake. Isn't this obvious? He put his wives in the ground without a sound, you think people were honestly describing his looks? You don't get gout from being Chad. He was a glutton.

He was tall and fat, like Raymond Burr.

>not fat; see armor
>armor is fat

OK.

Different Thomas.

pancakes eyes

Does Downton Abbey count as history kino?

We could never be friends user
The 90s tastic electric guitar intro still gets me pumped!

Has anyone seen White Princess? Is worth watching?

True kino this show