Death of Hawkman Revealed As True Name of October DC Miniseries

RIP Hawkman

previewsworld.com/Article/183704-Death-of-Hawkman-Revealed-As-True-Name-of-October-DC-Miniseries

>The conflict between Rann and Thanagar suffers its most harrowing casualty as DC revealed the true title of the upcoming miniseries debuting on October 5 as DEATH OF HAWKMAN #1.

>Originally solicited as HAWKMAN AND ADAM STRANGE: OUT OF TIME, this six-issue monthly miniseries written by Marc Andreyko (WONDER WOMAN '77) with art by Aaron Lopresti (THE NEW 52: FUTURE'S END, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW/ METAMORPHO), combines the space-faring scientist adventurer with the winged policeman from Thanagar in a race against time to prevent the worlds of Rann and Thanagar from marching headlong into galactic destruction.

>After a career of galaxy-spanning adventures, Adam Strange finds himself trying to live a "normal" life when he's pulled back into interplanetary calamity and chaos once again! When a seemingly normal Zeta beam transmission returns him to the planet Rann, he finds the capital city of Ranagar in ruins, and his once peaceful beloved Alanna crying out for the blood of Rann's oldest enemy, Thanagar. The evil Despero has brainwashed Rann's citizens into thinking that Thanagar is responsible for the attack. As Rann gears up to counter-attack, the Hawkmen get word of the impending attack and plan a preemptive strike of their own.

>As both civilizations march toward war, both Strange and Katar Hol have now become fugitives from Rann and Thanagar. With certain death hanging over both their heads, the clock is ticking, and both heroes must race to find out Despero's ultimate goal and prevent the destruction of two worlds!

Nice

Well it's not like anybody cares about any of them

Just in time for them to replace him with a black trans muslim Hawkman

>death of Hawkman
For what purpose?

yawn

I hate this whole "Death of" shit that keeps popping up.

Hopefully Adam Strange is on the JLA roster

Death of Big Two when?

To live again.

Go read squirrel-girl then.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they reintroduce a new incarnation fem Hawkman when?

or maybe they're going to kill Katar to make room for Carter

Yeah I suspect this, lets switch up the Hawkmen! AGAIN!

barf

>fem Hawkman when
Hawkgirl?

And Gwenpool while you're at it.

no, I mean Katar/Khufu/whoever reincarnated as a woman

Gwenpool's good, though.

...Didn't he die in Justice League United?

Or with post-crisis Hawkman

a butthurt DCuck wouldn't know that

no, he just got kidnapped and brainwashed instead

please god

Why not just split Hawkman into two characters? Carter Hall aka Hawkman, lives on Earth, usually shirtless, likes using a mace, married to Kendra aka Hawkgirl.

And Katar Hol. Police from Thanagar, romantically linked with Shayera. Keep the Hawkworld design.

Wow, get fucked. I actually had goodwill.

FML

>new incarnation

Makes sense to me. Maybe this will tie into the JSA's plotline in Rebirth. New Hawkpeople learning about their reincarnations and figuring out what happened to their JSA friends seems like a good way to reintroduce everyone and have a "new reader" stand-in (it worked for Kendra).

I mean, nothing screams "make everything sort of canon again" like "Hawkman revamp."

Should've gone to the Salvation Army, user-kun.

Should we even be upset here?

Dying is basically Hawkman's superpower. The flying is all tech based. The real superpower is that he's only dead until he isn't.

I want them to fug

I do.

No, it just has adorable art.

Im just happy for more Adam Strange
Who else /spaceadventure/ here?