Woah this is deep

woah this is deep.....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVCouGdEIEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I only just started watching the series but I loved this episode

And in this moment, under the stars, warmed by the sun... I am enlightened

whoa

Not because of any phony God’s blessing.

The ultimate irony in hostile responses to nihilism is that they invariably carry the tone of a grandmother being taught to suck eggs.

You're not annoyed because it's shallow or juvenile. You're annoyed because you don't like being reminded of what you already know is true.

Did you need to get your mom to calm you down after this scene?

but because I am enlightened by my own intellectual intelligence.

How do u know

that's deep man

H*lla f*cking ep*c!

>MUH NIHILISM

I watched the first episode of this show last night and didn't laugh once. I get why people might like the show because it is unique but honestly why do so much people like it? It's really not THAT good.

Yea.. i actually got my self a tattoo of that.

I just needed some time to sit down and think

whoa that's so cool! upboat!

there are some pretty funny episodes further on in the season. the christmas one was pretty good
If you honestly get to the end of S1 and didn't find some humour in it, then definitely dont watch S2/3

>DUDE LOW BROW PHILOSOPHY
>DUDE LE SO PROFOUND EXISTENTIALISM
>DUDE LE EDGY NIHILISM

No wonder this show is cat-nip for nu-males and Redditors.

LOOG AD ME MORGDI :-DDDD I TURND MYSELV INTO BIGGLE :DD BIGGLE RIGG X-D

We did it, reddit! Gold for everyone!

Turns out this is only half the story.
True nobody exists on purpose.
True nobody belongs anywhere.
True we're all going to die

HOWEVER

This also means we can pick whatever purpose we want to have:
Want to live forever? Do science and discover the source of eternal youth.
Want to know if God exists? Better build a machine to take you the end of the universe then.
Want to sit in your mothers basement and wallow in your nihilism? Go for it.
In short the Universe is more interesting and brilliant than can be dreamt of in most of our philosophies.

True desu

>intimate and sacred
I guess this bitch is a polytheist

I do not stand under such testamet what is this monogamy¿

oh, woohoo, lookie here who got his hands on his vewy first copy of the stranger

you also fucked up that shakespeare quote at the end there

I wish these pleb shows and cartoons never ends and never stop being made. The one who braves through all these unwashed diseased swines and stands untainted would be the one who have the dispositions of a king

gold for you sire!

Phone god

> the stranger
Don't know what that is

>you also fucked up that Shakespeare quote at the end there
Wasn't trying to quote him

admitting that you are parroting second hand opinions won't really further your arguments

>haha I literally can't stop thinking about reddit!

>admitting that you are parroting second hand opinions won't really further your arguments
My own conclusions actually.
I won't continue to throw pearl before swine, have a nice life.

Were you trying to quote him badly instead of accurately? What's the point of that?

Especially your inclusion of the word "most". Really renders the entire sentiment of the phrase meaningless.

are you all trying to act like you're above a cartoon here?

youtube.com/watch?v=kVCouGdEIEw

Literally The End of Evangelion

Sup Forumsirgins BTFO

This is an 18+ website.

OOOOooo, pearls before swine, we got another reference here, one o them dang whatchamacallits, figures of speech? Got a reeeaaall literary type here

What you describe as your "own conclusions" have been independently concluded by millions of other people all around the world, all throughout history.

Everybody struggles with nihilistic sentiments in their life. Your "conclusions" are worthless, inane, tired platitudes.

welcome to Sup Forums

cant. too poor, to do any of those things, barely enough to eat 3 times a day, and no handouts because "muh communism" "quit being a bitch pussy nothings free in life!" mentality is holding mankind back. yes yes, go ahead, keep working 8 hrs a day, 4 of which is just you bullshitting around doing nothing, but youre required to be there because you need to make money, the very same money which is backed by nothing, and is $20 trillion in debt. it means nothing, yet it is the center of societies universe and a tool to control the masses in their new form of comfy slavery. only until you truly learn to help and love your neighbors and brothers will you break free from the hamster wheel that civilization has been on for the past thousands of years.

Rick and Morty is fine but sluts ruin lives

>implying anything he said is wrong
>implying accepting our mortal fate is wrong
>implying that believing in sand fairy tales is somehow better for existential crises

Kys

If you take that line out of context and not listen to the rest of what Morty says then yeah it comes off as edgy.

u wear funy hat

*tips kippah*

WOW how insightful

Learn to help and love your neighbours. Sure, sounds good. Except when someone disagrees with me about HOW to help my neighbours. Terrorists believe they're helping their neighbours by chopping my fucking head off.

yeah, if only it was ACTUALLY smart like the things that you like, which are obviously of much higher quality

hmmmmmmmmmm
Seems to hit a LIIIIIIIIIITTLE too close to home, eh Sup Forumsfats?

hey man i dont live on this planet, just visiting giving some advice. take it or leave it. idc lol.

The first episode is very different to the rest. Everyone seems way more insane, and Rick almost has an entirely different personality

The part I like about nihilism is that while people often assume that nihilist philosophers are a dour bunch, in reality they laugh at the concept.

>sand fairy tales
Star Wars?

Didnt see alot of sand on Hoth.

Very amusing, but the point is that, obviously, pretty much everyone thinks they should help and love their neighbour.

The problem is that everyone's idea of what "help" is, is pretty fucking different. That's what causes conflicts, and until you dive into specifics, you're talking in worthless, meaningless cliches.

now that what i call RANDON XDD

greed and corruption is what causes conflicts. love is the most powerful force on planet earth, but has been believed to be "meaningless and worthless" over the years to keep man confined.

But it is shallow and juvenile. "Dude nothing matters lmao! Now I don't have to actually have an opinion on anything I don't give a FUCK"

>love is the most powerful force on planet earth, but has been believed to be "meaningless and worthless" over the years to keep man confined.
oh wow lol how old are you?

Wow, what a facile thought process. Nothing is really known. Impose meaning, create purpose, carve out placement, or live as a slave. Nihilism is simply one in a long line in a series of false beliefs designed to undermine the morale and morality of our society.

It's associated with the crawllling under muhhhh skin phase with teens
Bongs seem take it on as some sort of life philosophy though.

>love is the most powerful force on earth
I think you mean my Dad's farts xD

So this... is the power... of divorce... Whoa...

love is the reason youre even here able to type this to me right now.

hehe

You're right user, i think i do love you...

I, for one, don't think that greed is wrong. I don't really see anything wrong with accumulating everything you can for yourself and your family, and saying fuck the others, during our very short time on earth.

I don't love you and I don't want to help you. How is your whole philosophy of "love thy neighbor" going to coexist with people who want to take advantage of you?

You seem like a hippy dippy type and I doubt you're going to think seriously about anything I'm saying.

(This is a line from season 1)

when you grow up, you'll learn that nothing is profound. you're just old enough to have already confonted it.

test
my thread got deleted, gotta see if the jan man threw in a block

it was there. sand is course and rough and irritating it gets everywhere

It's like a church reminding you you once stepped in shit. You now avoid stepping on shit and watch where you're going and they keep yapping

Isn't the nihilism in the show always played for laughs though?

watch Rixty Minutes

>MOM I DONT GIVE A FUCK NOW LEAVE ME ALONE
>*closes door at high speed*

Why do people make fun of Rick being an atheist when he found God the moment he was in genuine danger?

Yes it is, it never takes itself seriously but the spergs on Sup Forums think it is trying to be deep and circlejerking their intelligence for not seeing it as deep...

even though like I say, it isn't even trying.

where are Donald Trump jokes?

Except it is shallow and juvenile. Of course people know that nothing matters. Maturity is coming to accept it and living within your values instead of writhing around like a narcissistic teen.

you know they are coming boy

Everyone in this thread including myself should probably kill themselves.

Crime and punishment boy

You sound like you're 12

those aren't permanent right

PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Which is more cringe inducing, communism or nihilism?

Whats wrong with these people. Are they sick?

wtf I love fascism now