Life Simulation

Is life a simulation?

We live in a matrix, processed by quantum computers operated by scientists in labs. So yes.

your sex life is a simulation

*God

/thread

The correct answer is: It doesn't matter.

If life is a simulation, then what is it a simulation of, and what is it being run on? Is the next level of reality somehow not quantum-based, and there are just bits of matter that are solid all the way down to the lowest level? If so, how the fuck would that even work?

Furthermore, if we ascertained htat this is actually just a simulation, then what do we do different? Switch back to white bread because fuck it, we're in a simulation?

If life really is a simulation.. Then I want OUT
NOW, LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!! PLS I WANT TO GO HOME

This

Moreover, the processors or whatever is computing our simulation is contained within the real universe, therefor, our own atoms are contained in the real universe. No matter what you come up with, you always end up existing in the real universe too.

So yeah, why does it matter? You're real after all

>You are real

Proved it , do something that a non algorithmically counciusnes can do , do something original.

I'm not implying that I'm not an algorithm, I'm implying that even if I was, the particles used to assemble the algorithm that represents me exist in the real universe, therefor, I am those particles, therefor, I exist in the real universe.

I just drank half a bottle of ketchup and fisted bubble wrap up my ass and wrapped electrical tape around my penis.

Is that original?

No, because the "people" in the simulation wouldn't actually be conscious, they would just be complicated lines of code that act in a way that people do in real life but they would not be conscious. Since we are conscious its obvious we are not on a simulation.

then we must ask the question: what is consciousness?

dont be weak at least do something if this is your only life

>implying there is something like a free will
Boy, do I have bad news for you.

>0U3RDOZ
nice try yuri

No

Is that pic of a game?

That's a satellite image you dumbfuck.

I just spawned here,
What the ratio of NPCs to players in this game?

Users are a lie.

Fuck off i paid for a multiplayer game

>mfw we are characters in the dankest Sims game right now

How do we contact the Player and make him aware of our sentience, Sup Forums? Or is our sentience just a simulation?

Ahhh I love this place.

Is this supposed to be common knowledge?

I'm on my phone and it's this [ ] big

Does it matter? Would knowing the answer change things?

Have you checked your in-/outcoming packets yet?

>we are conscious
you cant prove that. inb4 le Descartes quote. Also whether or not we're in a simulation doesn't answer the question of existence itself.

>Create a sim
>Characters do nothing but shitpost, play video games, and masturbate.

Sounds pretty boring desu.

gotta luv this mongolian sliding emporium

>be ant
>be mindless drone
>unaware of what hell i'm in
>unaware that i'm just a dot on a grid of more dots
>unaware that it's all just a sham, a program, etc
>mindlessly slave away until i'm terminated in the simulation
>WAKE ME UP INSIDE

They told me its fulldive only

← this was for

You

You pull a Breivik.

Your mom is sliding Mongolian emporium

Dude, just call your conductor and tell him you've got a problem.

So when we die in this sim do we wake up in the real universe or just this shitty program all we got

>8I6thzmh
oh shit dey know guyz fug

Our home is with God. To "go" home you only need to realise and have faith that God is always with you.

It's irrelevant whether we're in a simulation simulating a simulation simulating a simulation a million deep. We're put here to have the character of our souls tested and to do good works. All you have to do is follow your conscience, believe in Jesus' sacrifice, and love God with all your heart, mind and soul.

>do we wake up
Memory doesn't wake up. It gets freed.

>or just this shitty program all we got
Possible. But certainly _you_ wont percieve any other program. This is all you'll ever be.

this

i fucking hate ants so much, every summer they invade my room looking for food and i burn them alive by the thousands with a propane lighter. I leave their corpses at the foot of my kek statue and they disappear by the next morning; either kek accepts my offering or they are picking up the dead bodies of their ilk, either way its highly satisfying.

You'll go to heaven and receive eternal life if you're judged good. If not, into the trash you go. (there's no hell. you just die.)

You go to another sim that's almost entirely the same with very very subtle differences.

You will chalk it up to bad memory, and be told not to think about it.

I don't know what happens when you die of old age, as I haven't reached that point yet.

But the 3 times I died, I've kept this shell.

read Permutation City for the ultimate mindfuck

Oh yeah? Have a visit to /dev/null for the ultimate ultimate mindfuck.

No.

The theory depends on advanced civilization lasting long enough to develop computers that can process a virtual simulation of the universe from the big bang. And this is highly unlikely given the rate at which we're destroying the planet.

So, no. It's not a simulation.

I feel rather ripped off if either are true

Well, maybe your experience will be different.

After all, your perception is what shapes your path.

>And this is highly unlikely given the rate at which we're destroying the planet.
Because life anywhere else must necessarily be at least equally destructive than human life.

>Implying you did the maths.
Just.

Hmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmm.......hmmmmmmmmm

Learn to appreciate the waves because they will end eventually.

As every other macro and microcosms of reality: you are either swimming, or being pulled by the current.

Considering that life on Earth is our only model for life in the universe, I'll stand by what I said. If you want to include life on other planets as a variable, then you still have to lower the probability that we're in a simulation because it's unlikely that life on other planets would evolve like ours, develop computers like ours, obsess over simulations like we do, etc. The theory uses ourselves as a model, not life elsewhere.

>implying you did the maths

>/dev/null
Whats that

>no u didnt do the maths

This happened to me too I think. You are the first person I've seen say the same thing. I've told close friends but no one believes me. What happened to you?

>/dev/null redirects the command standard output to the null device, which is a special device which discards the information written to it

If life is a simulation then what is the world outside of the simulation? Another simulation?

gir i liked you as a character but you as user are deee ralying dis

India 2340

Good thing this is all just a simulation then, senpai.

Stimulation*

>mfw all my oaths are voided

you can do something with it or just choose to be ignorant

Mine is the No Man's Sky of sex lives.
Full of potential, but ultimately devoid of any action

If it is a simulation, it's a simulation inside an infinite regress of simulations, running on a planet-sized computer powered by a star that has outlived the civilization that built it.

Algorithms can produce unforeseeable and hence, your implied definition of "original" events. They just need to be of sufficient complexity. Currently, the human brain is the most complex object in the know universe- but computers are bound to overtake it.

Those inside the simulated world mastered the twchnology of simulation and the process repeated seventeeeeeen thousand times

>bound to overtake it

Thanks to DARPA

It can't be infinite though because a simulation is inherently limited to be less complex than the universe it came from. Eventually you'd have a simulated universe not complex enough to produce anymore simulations and the opposite direction increases boundlessly in complexity.

you are the player.

Yes

What difference would it make?

What if life is a simulation done by scientists in a lab and they deliberately make it bad not for research reasons but because they are Fags

There are manifold realities. Yours is butt one of them.