Remember that episode where you thought Cyborg was going to mention his race but instead he said he's part robot?

Remember that episode where you thought Cyborg was going to mention his race but instead he said he's part robot?

youtube.com/watch?v=O5yBH9lQOqc

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSttbxWq3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Funny thing, when i first saw this episode I legit did not get that.

I seriously 100% thought he was talking about being a robot straight form the get go.

In all honesty, being part robot stands out more than being black.

why is it cool he's always naked

I think having chunks of metal, plastic and glass grafted onto your body is more alienating than just being a black guy.

check your fucking privilege

when is this meme going to die

What would cyborgs reaction be to moon man?

So like, is this show actually good and worth checking out? Assuming you don't know anything about the subject matter?

never

#rapeandmurderallwhitemen

It's better than the DCAU.

Plus it's red pilled. Pic related. Tim bringing a dirty kike to his knees.

>Tim Drake in all but name
I didn't know Tim Drake ended up becoming Nightwing.
kys

I couldn't stomach more than a few episodes.

He's clearly Tim from Young Justice.

The show is pretty much Young Justice, tonally.

People never talk about how great the shows other episodes were. Like the one where Cyborg went to the past and became a barbarian.

I watched it as an adult, so without nostalgia goggles (My TTs were the 80s comic book). It's reasonably good if you don't have an allergy to ersatz animu

Its pretty shit. Everyone voice is annoying and cringey dialog, lmao animu intro and chibi style, fucking beastboy, stupid plot.Not a single redeeming episode. Don't bother with it. The one who praise it watched it as a toddler blinded by flashy colors
>but its cartoons for keeds!!1!
where do you think you are

It alright.

You mean the one where the Titans committed genocide because the overtly racist stranger told them to?

I loved it as a kid, but I haven't seen it since so I can't give an accurate modern perspective. Just that I had a big crush on Starfire and thought Robin was the luckiest guy alive.

It also had some cool serious storylines alongside the more juvenile stuff.

besides having Tim's personality, Conner and Bart
oh yeah, Cassie

>It's better than the DCAU

No it isn't. Maybe that shitty Zeta Project and the more dated episodes of Static Shock (Lil Romeo? Really?), but not the entire thing. I'm not denying that it was a great show, just saying.

Speaking of, what was the deal with TT and DCAU?

Like, there obviously had to be adult super heroes around in TT but they may as well never exist in the context of the show except those few times Robin maybe sort of mentions Batman.

Upvoted

Cyborg and Adam Jensen would probably have a lot to talk about.

>God damn naturals, always keeping the augmented man down.

None of these are actual criticism's of writing

I rewatched it recently after having seen it when it first aired. It's a little hammy (and uses a ton of anime tropes, as other anons have said). Honestly, though, I think it's pretty solid if you haven't seen it, and you don't mind some anime clichés.

I think it was planned to be a part of the canon, but it fell through. I remember Batman telling Static that he'd meet the Titans some day, and I actually thought he would crossover into the series.

As for why the JL heroes never appeared, I have no idea. You would think Trigon would be a world threat for all heroes, especially the older ones.

wow upvoted!

I thought Adam was always more neutral.

you do realize that pretending to be an annoying person is just as detrimental to the thread as being annoying sincerely, right?

This sounds more like GO! than the first series

MONKEYS OR NOT

That's Dick, you mongrel.

You know there is something about being in a show about fantasy shit and being half robot with blue neon blobs everywhere that makes noticing cyborg is black the least thing on your mind when you look at him

It's designed for people who know nothing about it
It's still a little too early 200 tho

"our mission is more important than my feelings."

Wife material right there.

The whole DCAU and TT universe was kinda up in the air. In the shows final seasons, they had characters cross over. Flash(with his voice actor) appear on TT as Kid Flash, while Speedy showed up in JLU with the same character design, but about 5 to 10 years older looking.

Guessing the implication was that Teen Titans was a pseudo prequel to DCAU, but that conflicts with BTAS. Since the Robin in TT was quite different than any of the other Robins in DCAU.

Of course later "The Batman" came along and introduced yet another Robin that looked a like a younger version of TTs Robin. So...whatever.

He's got no penis or ass to hide.

What you mean "alright"?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

It's good unless you're a retarded sperg who can't handle anything that looks like anime.

He never asked for this.

The main antagonist is Deathstroke. Nuff said.

It would benefit from an episode guide. Some episodes continue an arc while others are just plain funny. Other aren't worth watching.

Don't Touch That Dial is my favourite episode in the series.

>"So... there wasn't a lesson here?"
>"Yep! It was all completely meaningless!"
>cue group laughter

May as well just watch the whole thing so you can say you have. Opinions are subjective, after all.

Raven's story arc was really good.

So do any "Part Robot" anons post here?

I remember the writer of the upcoming cyborg series said he's going to explore what it feels like to be a black man in Detroit, even though being mostly robot is probably far more alienating.

That was such a cool episode

I'd add that this is especially true of the first season.

#APOLOGIZE

Wasn't this literally taken from a scene in that one webcomic that's so notoriously bad it's good? The "she isn't pregnant- I checked" one?

It's made to be very accessible to anyone who's new to superhero stuff, so I'd say it's exactly what you're looking for. Great way to get into DC and just a great show in its own right.

I doubt Sup Forums would last long enough for that to happen.

The show was made at a time when most Television was adhering to the episodic no-background required nature of writing. Season arching stories were almost always contained in 4~5 episodes. The rest of the seasons episodes would re-enforce ideas presented in the arc. I'll give a list themes and plot episodes.

Season 1 was the Slade arc and dealt with trust in friends.
>Divide and Conquer
>Final Exam
>Forces of Nature
>Masks
>Apprentice 1 & 2

Season 2 is the Judas Contract and deals with appreciating friends.
>Terra
>Titan Rising
>Betrayal
>After Shock 1 & 2

Season 3 is the Brother Blood arc and deals with Deception.
>Deception
>Wavelength
>Titans East 1&2

Season 4 is the Trigun arc and most episodes deal with 1 Titan getting isolated emotional.
>Birthmark
>The Prophecy
>The End 1, 2 & 3

Season 5 unites a bunch of teen super heroes, This one deals with growing up.
All episodes build to the final plot but the first 2 and last 3 are the most important.

I only watched it as a kid, and I remember it airing in a block with Justice League on the station I watched.

I remember liking Justice League so much more, and feeling that this show felt really neutered in comparison. Like, I think the fact that there were actually identities under the masks in JL gave more dimensionality to them. It triggered my autism so much that Robin was literally just "Robin" in this show. The plots and characterizations in JL felt like, even though they were suitable for kids, they weren't dumbed down, they figured that kids could be entertained by actually good stories so long as there is enough action in there. Teen Titans was a cartoon that felt like a cartoon in comparison.

The real question is, is it better than Young Justice

Yes.

Depends on which DCAU shows really, not as good as BTAS (though not many shows are) Justice League and Unlimited, on par with Batman Beyond and Superman better than The Zeta Project and Static Shock.

He does have a dick, but it's retractable. I saw it in the Zone flash.

Why don't more people like Starfire?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSttbxWq3o

Its pretty good but seeing them use slade instead of deathstroke is really fucking annoying.

Tainted by red hood and the outlaws.

Same reason they don't like Beast Boy.

Damn character gets in the way of emo girls' Robin/Raven ship.

It's only good for nostalgia.

>didn't know what shipping was at the time
>always felt like Robin and Raven had great potential for interaction because they're never the 'main duo' for any episodes
>the feeling of absolute smugness when the Trigon saga started

Let's hit those showers.

It's a copout.

But jesus christ, OP.
Look at how much autism there is about BLM, I have significant doubts that a super-hero cartoon would have been allowed to drop some real talk about race, even if it was superficial and token.

But as other anons have pointed out, the body dysphoria over being a robot is a character trope that DC has done before and it fits the internal logic that one would expect from a DC property.
The only irony is that they avoided that issue entirely when Robotman and the Doom Patrol showed up. Granted, BatB Robotman was able to voice that same angst about being prosthetic and alienating.

>tfw only ONE episode with Wally

YEah but you'd need to be a Sup Forums dwelling shut in, retard to not get that they were obviously speaking about his race.

Remember that one episode where Cyborg is angsting over the fact that he's more robot than man but then remembers that his humanity prevails over his robotic parts

When I first watched this episode, Sup Forums didn't even exist.

>The show was made at a time when most Television was adhering to the episodic no-background required nature of writing.

Wait, they stopped doing this? Hit me, what's some of the good shit right now?

What's the point on focusing on his race when being a robot can be a metaphor for it, therefor being a little less hsmfisted

Steven Universe requires knowing the background form most new episodes. Voltron and Korra both did. Venture Bros is a completely cluster fuck without knowing what happened before.

Gravity Fall actually did a pretty good job balance the need to know lore against just starting on any episode. You wouldn't get the full experience but most episodes were enjoyable even without background.

Cause being half white-half robot is better than half black-half robot :^)

how is 'the fact that I'm a walking talking half human half machine freak' a cop out? Are you so delusional you think having dark skin is as socially unacceptable as being a malformed freak?

>Remember that one episode where Cyborg is angsting over the fact that he's more robot than man but then remembers that his humanity prevails over his robotic parts
>Remember that one episode
>That one episode
>One episode
>One

I question how that qualifies as smug when she is sweating nervously.

I think thats more of an "I'm embarrassed for you sweat"

Thats more deep then it has any more meaning it should.

Nah, I watched this for the first time recently. It's pretty good.

Maybe this was more selfaware than everbody believed.

Move Static and Batman Beyond up a level, respectively, and you've got it right.

I prefer it when black people are oblivious to racism as well

Of course it was self-aware. It was made for a Sup Forums thread as a joke. That's why there are only like four of them.