About this fusion thing

So hold up a sec, from my understanding, fusion is supposed to be the Gem equivalent of sex, or at least deep intimacy, right?

Does this mean that Smoky Quartz is just Steven and Amethyst fucking?

>"Hey Steven, wanna /ss/?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No user Ruby and Sapphire are sick fucks that get pleasure from fusion, the other gems just combine their minds into one.

But wasn't Rainbow Quartz just Pearl and Rose fuse-fucking just to get a rise out of Greg?

It's a metaphor for a relationship –a friendship (Steven and Amethyst), something more romantic (Ruby and Sapphire), or an abusive one (Jasper and Lapis).

No it was Rose knowing that Human males get boners from their bodies so she fused with Pearl to create Rainbow Quartz to get him horny but she had no intention of fucking Pearl.

Ok, that makes more sense.

Amethyst has kind of personality, well lets just say she would fuk or eat anything,
Steven on the other hand just wanted Amethyst to feel better for herself.

It was a pity fuk.

Wait, I thought Rose knew jack shit about humans.

Although, I guess at that point it he probably would've told her about the murder D, but I'm pretty sure Rainbow Quartz (or at least the Pearl part) was trying to taunt him in an "I can be with her in a way you can't" sort of deal.

That would explain the unwarranted self pity in the later episode.

What the fuck is wrong with this show?

Plenty. But I still like it.

user any female alien would pick up quickly that the deep voiced ones of the walking apes were getting unusually excited at the sight of their bodies.

Rose doesnt give a shit about Pearl she calls Pearl my Pearl treating her like an object or a nonperson.

Ugh, not wanting to sound like that user who got brutally rekt for calling Smoky Quartz an obese failure. But damn Smoky Quartz's design is hideous and just well, ugly and I dislike it very much. Hell, Smoky Quartz's concept design has her be a big buff looking woman like Jasper, but nope she has to be this.

I take it in a show like SU, fat, spunky and sassy women are the superior ones?

Nah, fusion is more like a relationship thing, Garnet's fusion is a manifestation of Saphire and Ruby's rommantic relationship, Smoky is more like a sibling kind of love.

>I take it in a show like SU, fat, spunky and sassy women are the superior ones?

You already know the answer.

My issue isn't the fat thing, although it looks stupid. It's the arm on the elbow. Like, how the fuck is that practical? Wouldn't it hurt? Could you even move it?

I get that, I was just under the impression that, while Rose did it because she wanted Greg to get hard, Pearl did it because "fuck you"

It's created by a bisexual woman projecting her fetishes on the screen.

As if this show could not be more disgusting

Why is this thread filled with such genophobic fucks?

>magic space creatures made of light

b-b-b-but muh anatomy!

At least Gems don't slam their crotches together when they fuse.

You can't tell me it doesn't at least LOOK strange to you.

They're aliens, so whatever, but elbow arms? That's just silly.

Because it's a bad show user.

>Aliens from another world teach earthraised alien about his heritage

>Half breeds are involved, causing a lot of tension

>Both shows deal with planet destroying villains

>Both Gems and Saiyans come back stronger every time they almost die

>Fusions are incredibly short lived but incredibly powerful

SU is DBZ confirmed.

>Genophobia
>Phoia

Guys, I'm super scared right now.

> [stupid assumption], so does this mean [shocking conclusion] ?

No.

2 spoopy for me user

In DBZ the fusions are actual fusions meaning new people as long as Vegito is around Goku and Vegeta technically dont exist anymore.

Don't the SU fusions refer to themselves as different people?

Sugilite clearly has a sense of independence and so does Garnet. Even Lapis refers to herself as "Malachite" after being fused for a while

>SU is DBZ confirmed.

Bibidi creates Buu. Buu goes on to murder and absorb every gem including Steven. Then he's sent into hibernation or something, don't remember exactly what was the explanation. Centuries alter Dragon Ball happens.

Ten outta ten.
Hundred outta hundred.
Best bait.
Best bait.
These shit threads pop up every minute and stay alive for days, while harmless stuff with actual fun discussion in it gets pruned with no rhyme or reason.

>genophobic
>geno
>e
I don't know if you mispelled gynophobia of if you actually said anons are afraid of sex. Both are true anyway.

I'm not baiting, I was legit curious about this. Given the lore with fusions in the show, Smoky Quartz kind of made me wonder.

Pic semi related

Ignore the faggot you're talking to, you are completely right. I guess the implications were lost on his autistic mind.

Pearl tricked Rose into fusing to literally cuck Greg, and yes it was in a sexual way. Rose didn't catch on though and thought it was just to impress Greg.

Keep your faggot show in the general please.

They arent people user just the components playing democracy on every single action the fusion makes.

No joke, the show's base plot is absolutely a homage to DBZ. Which is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw

>thinks "abusive" is a category of relationship as opposed to an adjective you can apply to any kind of relationship

I fucking knew it!

Too bad it didn't work, Greg was all over that shit.

Steven and Amethyst's bond of friendship is fucking deep fried in lard, have you seen the two interact?
They usually just eat together and wrestle.

I'm finishing season 2 right now and the pandering is making me kindof sick. Like I don't mind fiction having a message but not if you're sacrificing good writing. Does the show get good again later or should I give up on it now?

Glimpses of brilliance hindered by progressive nonsense.

It does get better later, but some bits may annoy you. Warning you now to stick with it for the plot, but the road ahead is a rough one.

Carry on then. With all the SU hate threads that are spawning everywhere, one starts to get ticked off from the bad ones as well.

Anyway, here's a proper explanation.
The body of a gem is a hologram created by the stone, and that's a fact. But if two or more gems are able to think in sync, they can join forces to make one single, bigger hologram that fuses the gems' powers and personalities. (In Steven's case, the hologram is replaced by some kind of holographic energy that allows him to reshape even his organic matter, I assume)
Now, fusion can be used by the show's writers as a metaphore for relationships, either sexual, amorous, familiar and whatnot. That's because to work correctly, a fusion requires the same kind of harmony and lack of codependency that is required from a human relationship: it's literally the ultimate form of relationship, one where you have to be one with the person you relate with. However, and that's where the cleverness comes in, fusion is not necessarily a metaphore in every appearance. It can be a battle technique, it can be a way to join forces in a way simple teamwork will never allow you, etc. Fusion is a tool with multiple uses, both for the show's characters and for the show's writers. I don't know if I made myself clear.

>one starts to get ticked off from the bad ones as well.

Meant "the good ones", of course.

Okay, that's pretty much how it's been from the beginning. Watching season 2 was pretty much all I did today so maybe I'll slow down and watch some Adventure Time instead.

I picked up on that after a while. Especially after the whole Jasper/Lapis thing was clearly a metaphor for abuse.

Does this mean that Malachite was (for lack of a better word) rape? Or at the very least, the gem equivalent of sexual assault? Or just a very, very disfunctional relationship?

>The body of a gem is a hologram created by the stone, and that's a fact.

So how did Steven's father have sex with a rock? How does a rock give birth to a human child?

Based Ian said once that Rose shapeshifted a womb for Steven to be born in. Presumably, she made a vag to have sex with.

I don't know if he was just taking the piss or not, but it's straight from the horse's mouth and that's good enough for me.

It starts as a "clever" idea from Lapis to keep Jasper down. But, it's also an ironic punishment for Jasper, who after the fight with Garnet was left confused as to what fusion really is (as in, "something that works when you're in harmony with your partner") and tried to have one by forcing herself on Lapis. During the Malachite arc, it's basically just an excuse to have a tragic monster where Steven's friend is imprisoned. Then, after the Malachite arc, it's explored in the more metaphorical way, assuming tones of abuse and dependency. See? Tool with multiple uses.

Ok, that makes more sense.

It also makes the "no one that fuses with me wants to stay" scene even more heartwrenching. She understands that no one wants to be with her, but doesn't understand why.

It's basically someone going "why don't people want to date/fuck me?" and not understanding that he/she's a horrible person.

>So how did Steven's father have sex with a rock?
With a chisel and lots of lube.

this, it's really amazing how people don't get it when the show has explicitly stated it many times.

fusion dancing is probably to blame, especially how erotically/romantically charged the first few example dances we were shown were. lately the need for dancing at all has been ignored and even made a joke in Mindful Education.

SU fusions minds are complex - literally, composite minds. All of the members are present throughout and the Fusion themselves also exists as a separate hive-mind of its members. The fusion Hive-mind CAN have a will of its own separate from the desires of its members (such as to continue to exist), which it will impress on them.

When SU fusions come back together, they commonly remark 'oh it's great to be me again!'. So, they did cease to exist, but they don't experience the intervening time (where their members were split) as an absence, but through the individual memories of their members. Likewise the members don't lose any time while fused.

This composite-mindedness is why fusions are generally temporary, and why fusions become more and more unstable as more members enter. It takes a tremendous initial 'chemistry', a common will or sentiment, to create the conditions where a permafusion might be possible. Then that fusion has to further be based primarily in self-wonderment rather than any external drives.

I like Smokey Quartz's self-deprecating humor, but I think I'd rather see Steven fuse with just about anyone else.

Additionally, nothing wrong with Amethist nee-san's doki no stroki with Steven's penis.

Where have you been? SU is rips off so much from anime.

You know those faggots who love western cartoons but hate anime? Newsflash. If you like SU, you like anime. Sugar stole so much from it.

So in a layman's terms, you can have a Sugilite or a Sardonyx which clearly have minds and wills of their own enough to refer to themselves in first person

And you have fusions like Stevonnie and Smoky and the like who are aware they're multiple people and haven't been "around" long enough to form a mind of their own.

>metaphore
C'mon dude.

>You will never have Best Gem slobbing on your dick

Why live?

For the music.

it's not explicitly sex, it's just an emotional connection and the varying depths of that connection reflect in the stability of the fusion. It's sex and romance and monogamy for garnet because that's just how sapphire and ruby are.

Remember kids find someone you love and fuck each other from sunrise to sunset every day for the rest of your lives
You won't get hurt by it, it will only make you stronger

Garnet explained that fusion is love. It could be sexual love, family love, any kind of love really.

I like smokey quartz, I don't give a shit about the hideos design, I like that it has a personality that makes sense like opal did.
3 gem fusions are garbage and both disappointed me greatly and I hope to never see them again.
I guess my expectations where low after stebonnie I'm just happy that we get a character at all.
Plus she kind of is like Steven and amethyst a lot so you can't complain about that

>3 gem fusions are shit

You do realize any fusion garnet is a part of is a 3 gem fusion right?

Yes
Yes that was my point

well it was either we bone now and beat that one muscle girl, or we die.

I don't think many would pick the latter.

You guys are ridiculously dense.

Fusion is fusion. That's the profound part.You're literally fusing your body with that of another person, and becoming one being.

Therefore, it shares characteristics with other kinds of intimacy that we have IRL.

The close intimacy of sex, the intense bonds of friendship, a long-lasting committed relationship, if you're the G-Squad, or even just the bond of working as a tight unit, like the Rubies.

Fusion has emotional similarities to all of these things. Rubies aren't fucking, Ruby and Sapphire aren't trying to get an edge over an opponent.

She was the moment the show's character designs took a nosedive towards becoming a parody of its former self.

More like Geophobia, amirite?

Who designed this fucking abomination?
Somebody stone the motherfucker

Yes its Ruby and Sapphire debating which action Garnets takes next I already explained that you stupid fuck.

R:So does Garnet hit Pearl?
S:No Garnet reconsiles with Pearl
R:I dont agree
S:Motion denied
S:We have to do it for the sake of the team
R:Motion carried

>Yes its Ruby and Sapphire

Rebecca Sugar.

No it was that thing that happens in high school where a 'bisexual' girl kisses her friend to get the guy she likes riled up and get his attention while the other girl is legitimately hurt and left behind

>gem version of sexual intimacy is dancing/fusion
>blowjobs and handjobs are the equivalent of "hey could you do me a quick favor?"

HRMMMM

Does anyone else think that Rose got to learn about Pearl's jealousy whenthey fused?

It's such an interesting little thing to me

no the sex thing is a meme
fushion can be AS intimite as sex can be but it is not sex

So Steven Universe is the TV show equivalent of stupid highschool drama?

>With all the SU hate threads that are spawning everywhere, one starts to get ticked off from the bad ones as well
>Th-The haters are worse than the fans!
Except SU has a general and 5 other threads everyday. You people are very annoying because you're simply clogging up the system.

That's what he was doing, numbnuts.

To be fair, Amethyst slammed face first into Garnet's crotch

>This composite-mindedness is why fusions are generally temporary, and why fusions become more and more unstable as more members enter. It takes a tremendous initial 'chemistry', a common will or sentiment, to create the conditions where a permafusion might be possible. Then that fusion has to further be based primarily in self-wonderment rather than any external drives.

user pls.
Steven and Connie fused by accident.
Steven and Amethyst fused by accident.
Sapphire and Ruby fused by accident and were total strangers before that.

Fuck you motherfucker I was enjoying my soda

Buts it more like

>SU has a general and 9 hate threads everyday

If /sug/ is shit, then Sup Forums is cutting pieces of it and smearing it all over its body.

its closer to ATHF

Couldn't all the extra mass used to make her fat be better used to make her taller?

>he thinks people care about facts or rationality
Nah fuck you, after mlp got driven out just for being too popular all generals and fandoms on Sup Forums deserve to suffer and choke on hate. irrational hatred and censorship by mob tuli is the new norm and su doesnt get special treatment.

That's even lewder.

amethyst confirmed for last surviving crystal gem that's a full-gem.

I still think Smoky has a good design for what she is meant to be.

Good =/= Pretty-looking

She's the result of two fat misfits who never became who they were supposed to be, of course she'd come out fat and slightly ugly.

However she's an almost perfect fusion, with her only defect being an extra arm. This means that Amethyst and Steven love eachother to death, having an almost seamless sister-brother relationship.

Not sex. Fusions are metaphors for relationships in general.

Is any gay shit or implication of gay shit at all pandering to you people? Jesus fucking Christ.

Smoky will get like 4 feet taller and fit as fuck as Steven ages up.

It still clogs up the system.

>y-you're butthurt!

I'm not angry. It's just fascinating to me how any show with anything remotely gay in it gets slapped with the "progressive pandering" label.

Everything about Smoky Quartz is terrible.

Everything.

>yoyo
Opinion discarded