Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Thoughts Sup Forums
Honestly Much better than I expected (as compared to other MCU movies, in fact better than all other MCU movies).
Its main theme of love and family touched me, for the first time I cared for some characters.
(but dick and poop jokes were cringey)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man fuck off.

squishy turd LOL

I am trying to have a sane and proper discussion.
Fuck off edgey redditor.

I liked zoes tight ass

Explain the Taserface joke, I suppose there is some wordplay I as a non-native speaker am missing.

It was pretty good but I'm not sure I want to watch a second time. Don't expect any discussion now that the torrent is out. All the anti-Cinema neets come out of their caves.

It was a mediocre children's movie with the word "shit" and a couple of sexual references. Take those things out and it's perfect fodder for 8 year olds. Anyone older than that who enjoyed it must have something wrong with them

Yeah I am too am wondering, how the dick jokes and shit jokes were translated to other languages.

>I am trying to have a sane and proper discussion.

About Gotg? Fuck off

Best scene

>ARRGHHHH MY NIPPLES!

Ironically those who shit on Comic book movies in here are the ones who stand in ticket queue for first day first show. and if they are broke, they are the first to pirate the film, just so that they can shit on them later.

Gave me a new Marvel Waifu

He calls himself taserface, yet his face has nothing to do with tasers and without any origin it sounds silly.

I'm not here to shit on it. Fuck off, go talk about it everyone else.

Me too

it was enjoyable but it struck me as too much of a children's movie, like most comic book movies.

I liked it. It was much better than I expected. I hated the first one. The jokes were still mostly shit and interrupted too many moments but there were also some decent jokes (Does anyone have tape?). Pretty good art direction, decently filmed, some nice songs, good acting, overall decent premise and nice butt on Zoe.

7/10 would pirate for free again.

woah, look at this /lit/ enlightened user.

I too would give it a 7/10 but I liked it much much more than you did. Your rating system needs help friendo

And also this. They really went out of their way to explain characters to the point where the movie was hitting us in the head with it. But I guess it is a kid's movie at the end of the day. Which sucks but whatever. Not everything can be BvS.

I cant wait for the blu ray to take all those sexy Mantis and Gamora screenshots.

Why are you incapable of not bringing up an unrelated movie? Are you just trying to get into arguments over nothing?

Check her ass here

youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY

I'm not a fan of GoT but I have to admit it's the best stuff provided by Marvel for a couple of reasons. The actors are all good, you can tell the director doesn't his friends friends like they're doing in Star Wars. The banter and jokes aren't forced and the world building is good. Everything that JJ Abrams failed to do in TFA is done well here. James Gunn should have been the one to make Star Wars.

MEMELORD FUCKED UP, SHOULDA STAYED A GOD

I LIKED THIS SCENE BETTER IN CHRONICLE, THEY EVEN DID A FOOTBALL TOSS IN THE CLOUDS

Guadrians of the Galaxy 2 and Valerian were my favorite films of the year so far. Granted I havent checked out this years artsy stuff yet.

It's a great movie and a great sequel, pretty huge improvement over the first and this soars heads and toes above all the other Marvel movies and DC movies.

Funny enough, despite being a comedy this movie had more believable emotion and more dark moments than anything DC has been able to try so far.
And the action was pretty good most of the time too. Gunn seems to know how to write characters, how to make fun action, and how to pace a movie.

I've actually reached the point where GotG has replaced Star Wars entirely for me when it comes to space adventure movies. TFA and Rogue One sucked and I don't even think I'll see Last Jedi in theaters.

I guess so, James Gunn could have made a very enjoyable star wars movie.

goodness

It's already in blu-ray

watch Valerian though, its the very definition of space adventure.

Anyone who believes Valerian was rated fairly by critics is blind to just how much Hollywood own critics.

But the blu ray comes out on the 22nd? I believe thats the digital. YOU wouldnt happen to have any gamora screens tho, would you?

>you can tell the director doesn't his friends friends
His brother plays two roles in the movie. But does it good.

i didn't say it was a super bad thing but to me personally, the on the nose exposition and explanation of themes and obvious jokes were a little too much toward the end. it was still a good film.

I did because The Fifth Element is one of my all time favorite movies, it was alright.
A visual feast with cool creatures and action, the acting and characters were absolutely fucking terrible however. The made for kids French Valerian anime had better writing and performances.

Give me a second.

I thought it was pretty bad honestly. The dialogue was very stilted and on the nose, especially during the first 2/3rds, the jokes were bombing left and right, and were mostly really juvenile (Scrotum Hat, "Do you have a penis?", turd in pillow, "It hurts my nipples!").
The relationship stuff felt undercooked, Yondu's arc was decent but his connection to Quill should've been more developed IMO.
Did anyone think Gamora was particularly bad in this? She was just yelling and going "Guys, we need to ____" the entire movie. She was just annoying.
CGI was fine but the last third of the movie turns into a bit of a clusteruck of special effects
I'd give it a 5/10, I wasn't a huge fan of the first Guardians but the original was certainly enjoyable, this one was a bit of a drag and a disappointment

What are you implying? I think its a very easy movie to dislike, but at the end of the day I loved all the characters and stories.

404 ASS NOT FOUND

>banter and jokes aren't forced

Seriously?

LOL, I was wondering if that was James Gunn himself doing a cameo, I noticed his face was very similar

I'll watch that soon, thanks because I didnt know it exists. I personally liked the acting and characters very much. The film is divisive like that it seems.

based homosexual poster

>Did anyone think Gamora was particularly bad in this? She was just yelling and going "Guys, we need to ____" the entire movie. She was just annoying.
She didn't feel like she was part of the team at all

The raw gut punches of emotion in this movie worked really well. Gunn is a wizard when it comes to tonal shifts, having really dark moments works much better when the characters established are actually likable and relatable and you want good things to happen to them.

this is where MoS and BvS got everything wrong. I don't care when something dark happens to Superman because he spends all his time as a frowning asshole, even as Clark Kent.

How about that part where she holds groot at the end?

I really don't like Marvel movies or did i really care for the first Guardians of the galaxy. However, i found this movie watchable. Majority of the jokes were fucking trash, but the character arc that yondu went thru and how it tied in with the rest of the cast was well executed imo. In the end, the movie actually got me to care about his death. I though it was better than WW if i'm being honest.

If it's this guy then he did good. I liked his squeaky voice.

I hope there a more space adventure movies like GoG.
Too bad John Carter, Star Trek, Valerian flopped, so we are not going to have space adventure movies in foreseeable future other than star shit wars.

I am really tired of this The Choose one bullshit in Star Wars (Anakin, Rey, Luke, etc).

I, for one, thought it was the wittiest comedy of the year. My father and I let out many hearty guffaws as we watched it. This scene in particular was GOAT.
'

10/10.

What makes those proper jokes and not random bullshit is setup, timing, and payoff. I understand if you simply didnt think it was funny. The only joke I didnt like was "it isn't ripe" because its too predictable. There are "objective" scriptwriting and joke setup rules the movie follows that puts it above a 5 for me.

I think that was good was Gamora was the serious one in the film. Not every character has to drop quips every seconds for no reason. It's good that everyone has his own personality. You watch any capeshit movie and all the characters act and talk the same, only their costume is different.

LTRLLY RDDT

>Star Trek
It's a damn shame the recent one didn't do so hot, it was the only one of the reboot series I even remotely liked and the only one that even attempted to feel like Star Trek.

I enjoyed it more than WW aswell. But that's because I felt like WW was a thematic disappointment to what BvS was building her up to be. I went in with everything set to lowest for GoTG2 and it came out better than I expected.

I'll post some more screenshots tomorrow. Sorry for not delivering requests.

There was some stupid jokes about penis and such but overall it was ok

> HE DIDN'T EVEN CHORTLE

I CAN'T EVEN XD

Gunn shouldn't take that much acid, it's beyond marvel's campy level.

he should direct a scooby doo movie.

aside from the lame Taserface joke and the lame Gamora's sister subplot pretty much everything in the movie was great

>ruin the entire momentum and atmosphere of a scene to make a shitty joke
>keep the shitty joke going for five times longer than necessary
>look at us guys, we don't give a fuck! HOW COOL IS THAT?!
>Americans start pissing themselves and clapping

Only funny scene in the movie.

Yeah he is the director's brother. But he did a good acting job.

>dont think jokes are shitty
>enjoy film
>don't pretend to be angry at things anonymously online
>enjoy life
Woah

Does it still feel like a separate entity from the rest of the MCU? That was what I liked about the first movie, as it didn't feel like something I should watch only after seeing ten other movies.

that's him. He took his job seriously unlike JJ Abrams friends strutting around the set as if they were at a cosplay convention.

I slammed my laptop and threw it out the window when this absolute reddit scene graced my eyes tbqh. posting on phone now.

Yes it does.

It's going to be really depressing when the Guardians are forced to be in movies with other shitters.

Half the characters were caricatures of themselves. Worse than sooci skua.

Is this shit actually in the movie? This isn't edited?

It doesn't feel like Civil War, Avengers, Spider-Man, or Daredevil. So yea. Its the same writer/drirector so its a given.

>forced
this is comics 101. The comic Gunn based the movies on is a giant crossover event in itself called Annihilation.

It's real.

The first one was decent so those were my expectations, it was pretty bad in all honesty, just felt shallow and soulless as fuck.
Also watched Dr. Strange, visually cool but other than that it didn't really feel it.

Yea I loved in the first movie how no one remembers the third act, villain, or the actual plot because its just a macguffin chase.

BOTH GOTG2 AND DRSTRANGE WERE ABSOLUTELY BASED IN IMAX 3D

FUNNY HOW MARLEL'S SECOND STRING LINEUP MOVIES MAKE THE BETTER THEATER EXPERIENCES

they're going through some quantum space tunnel thing

CALM DOWN MATE
Missed the second in theatres but the first one was maybe the biggest eyecandy I ever watched, just a goddamn super long music video.

Its shit

Nah, its there

The jokes were 100% unadultered refined cringe. Comedy flick with bad humour = shit movie.

Who the fuck was Sly's character?

Yes. It's a movie for children.

ALSO ANTMAN IMAX 3D, ANOTHER MARLEL 2ND STRING SCRUB

SOME OF THE BEST USE OF 3D EVER PROJECTED ON THE BIG SCREEN

this

There were just too many. Half of the cast communicated exclusively in jokes

People bitch about "capeshit," but GotG 1 felt like the Star Wars movie that shoulda been.
Can't wait to see pt.2.

friends often joke with one another, you would know if you had any

I just watched it today it was Reddit kino

The dialogue literally explains it for you you fucking idiot. just listen rockets questions, jesus.

why do faggots pretend she isnt the best girl?

>
>friends often joke with one another, you would know if you had any
This.

>that scene where Nebula randomly drops in on Gamorra
It was so sudden and weird I thought it was a dream sequence. Anyone else?

Well you see I liked the first one for the characters and their stories, the rest was just background for them to team up and shit
The second didn't really offer anything, the supposed 'loneliness' and 'family' themes just feel shallow and tacked on as hell and other than flashy action scenes the second didn't really give anything to me.
The golden chick was hot tho

>BHAHAahahahahahahheehee

I have a friend who frequently will put on terrible movies and sit there and see how long I can take it. I always win because I don't give a fuck, but he usually never gives up. He has only given up on The Love Guru and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Take that as you will.

Especially when this happened.