Why? Just why?

Why? Just why?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/07/15/exclusive-simpsons-reveals-treehouse-poster/87114696/
youtube.com/watch?v=2bZo9FbJq_4
youtube.com/watch?v=-UKrAYD3zX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>JUST WATCH OUR FUCKING SHOW AND STOP COMPLAINING, WE BROUGHT GRIMY BACK FOR YOU UNPLEASABLE ASSHATS

Wow, really? Are they just doing the Marvel strategy now of intentionally trying to cause controversy for a desperate bump in ratings?

Frank Grimes?

Please, they desecrated Grimes a long time ago by revealing he had a son that looked and sounded just like him.

NOT CANON

The worst part is that I can't even tell if this is supposed to be a halloween episode or not anymore

> WOW A THROWBACK 10/10 WOULD WATCH FOR 15 MORE SEASONS

is the basic reaction they're going for.

I'm anticipating a Benevanstanciano-centric episode in which the Simpsons let him stay at their house until he gets back on his feet after a mob that Homer and Bart unwittingly instigated at a local Oculus Rift launch event destroy his kiosk (guest star Anita Sarkeesian)

This is what I'm thinking too

It's almost literally zombie Simpsons.0

It's a Treehouse of Horror
usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/07/15/exclusive-simpsons-reveals-treehouse-poster/87114696/

This reeks of desperation.

>Simpsons only way to stay relevant is by clickbait articles and flavor of the month pandering

Jesus Fox just let it die

Because people like you complain, which is free advertising.

>oh look at this
>extremely high voltage
>well I don't need safety gloves
>BECAUSE I'M THE SIMP-

This seems fine for a Treehouse of Horror.

Holy shit really? Grimes is my favorite musician.

They pretty much only do supernatural stuff like ghosts and the aliens on treehouse episodes so regardless how you feel about the show now you just wouldnt see this shit in anything but a dream sequence, drug trip, etc. outside Halloween.

Frank grimes would have been at least 40 probably had his son around 17 - 20 so yeah they could both be adults but the son would look a bit younger.

Also it was frank grimes own meltdown and vindictive behaviors that got him killed.

Besides making frank envious homer did nothing wrong

they are non cannon but this is only so they can explore territory they otherwise couldn't

Fuck 600 episodes? How many of those episodes are actually good or have we reached a point that there's more shit then good stuff.

>mfw

They been pulling that feces for years, remember all the Other ratings traps?

A lot of them are just rehases of older episodes made for the audience currently watching them.

I think the episodes where the characters die off are actually well written or at least watchable,

here is a goofy one, but still entertaining
youtube.com/watch?v=2bZo9FbJq_4

---- Press core district button ---- Do it, ---- Do it

Last Simpsons episode ?
youtube.com/watch?v=-UKrAYD3zX8

>YOU GUYS, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS WILL DIE THIS SEASON

They even talked about that shit in the news for fuck's sake

The Simpsons is dead to me. This is necrophila. Matt Groening should be stopped.

And I'm not going to get fired from posting on Sup Forums, just like Homer S

Matt doesn't give a single shit anymore.
He stopped working on the Simpsons after the first two seasons and actually dislikes a lot of the episodes that are considered to be from the golden era of the show.

Al Jean is the current showrunner

If you're gonna stop anyone, stop him

Eh.

If this was a regular episode that'd be some dumb bullshit, but it's not. Actually it's probably the only time they could really get away with that shit.

They actually did pretty much the same thing over a decade ago, when a Halloween episode opened with Flanders and the Simpsons doing a séance and Maude came back as a demon.

>GUYS LOOK LADY GAGA
>GUYS NED AND EDNA ARE HOOKING UP
>GUYS HOMER AND MARGE ARE GETTING A DIVORCE
>GUYS A """"""""""""""""""""""""MAJOR"""""""""""""""""""""""" CHARACTER'S DYING
>GUYS SIDESHOW BOB KILLS BART
>G-GUYS W-WE BROUGHT BACK EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CHARACTER JUST WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW ALREADY BAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I hope he goes full D-fens this time killing a good amount of characters and scriptwritters.

>spoil surprise guest

morons

It's impossibly not to spoil surprises as long as the media exists. Even if they're trying to keep it secret, something will get leaked. You have to pull some seriously ridiculous shit to fool people these days. Not like the old days where Kojima could troll people with MGS2 because the internet wasn't as big.

who was it?

I thought they were already at 600 episodes.

Krusty's dad

They even teased it by saying that the character was voiced by someone who won an emmy so most people actually thought it was one of the characters Homer's VA voices and not some throwaway character that has been in literally two episodes.