Is Sup Forums dead? Can it be saved?

As a regular visitor to Sup Forums I have to say that these last few weeks (and this week in particular) has been fucking awful. Instead of discussing TV/film on its merits/faults we now just have numerous threads on:
1) SJW ruining [insert show here] because everyone in said show is not a white male
2) Pointless face swap threads
3) Pickle Rick and discussions about how a shit show is somehow now ruined by having female writers.

It's just constant and I don't have the energy anymore. Sup Forums-fags seem determined to infest every thread on this board and I don't think it's savable - I just come here after work and in between tv shows to discuss said shows, not angrily shit on some episode of GoT because I think Dany and the Dothraki are supposed to be the Merkel immigraiton policy - if i'd wanted to do that i'd have gone to Sup Forums. Is this board saveable or do I need to visit elsewhere?
>in before cuck
>in before unenlightened

I'm just here for the Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x-gX8CGceoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Banning all Sup Forums crossposters is the only way.

The mods want it to be this way, the nu-users want it to be this way

So why shouldn't we give them what they want?

It's funny when alt right virgins complain about SJW's getting triggered when I only see whiny Sup Forums posts spammed everywhere.

Yara is cute tho?

People prefer memes over conversation. Try to start a thread about something you like or look at other boards.

Board got out of control 2 years ago and mods were too soft on pruning threads. Once enough newfags settled in the mods couldn't delete the shit e-celeb, political, and meme threads since they ran the risk of the board throwing a shitfit

At least we can still have dubs.

I agree. Sup Forums was much better when it was just thinly veiled pedo threads and threads about titties.

Dam I forgot about this meme

Sup Forums is reddit now

deal with it

grow up you inssuferable faggot
leave of stfu

that's cool but if it does stay like this then i'm off - any alternatives?
nice
I have tried to start threads but no one posts anymore unless it's bait

it'll pass and redditors will once again leave the place en-masse

It's easy to save Sup Forums. Simply open /cel/ and move all the actor/celeb talk to there. That is going to kill Sup Forums eventually but at least we'd have a bit less shitposting in the meantime.

If the mods are going to babysit Sup Forums garbage because the people posting don't want to go there then I should be allowed to make threads about politics here. Not even actual Sup Forums posted want to post on Sup Forums now that its so fast.

>mods
This is the least moderated blue board, I think gook moot wants it that way

In that case, check these.

>inssuferable

>Can it be saved?

It already has. Discover the glory of word filters!

I decided just to word filter "kino" as those threads are always shit. Doing this improved my Sup Forums experience so much that I added a bunchy of other words to my word filter list.

I also chose to hide hidden thread stubs. It makes it feel like shit topics don't even exist.

Just do these few simple things and you'll see a MASSIVE improvement in your Sup Forums experience. You'll be shocked at how much better things get for you.

right my bad, insufferable
now gtfo

/asp/ gets modded once a week for 5 minutes.

Thanks user.

Shit, I might actually try this - thanks user

How old are you? Your spelling and grammar are pretty poor.

Do it Anons. You won't believe how well it works.

>kino isn't even on your list

why does he continue to push this lie when everyone saw what they did to Sup Forums and Sup Forums with goobergate?

That's my second list. I had to do a whole thing for kino.

I made a webm thread and I just let it die. This is the end

BASED

Out of interest how many threads can you still see with those filters?

Can you use any other boards? Sometimes you need to give a board a break. Although tv will pretty much also gravitate towards shitposting and what's hot at the moment.

he mentions kino in post

Tons. It's like nothing has changed except the amount of shit topics that I see. It really doesn't effect the over number of topics.

come to tv

>game of thrones everywhere
>cuck threads
>blacked threads
>baneposting

You can turn them on an off at will. The problem now is that I have to turn them off to be able to talk about them with you.

>no kino

Absolute pleb

old enough to not whine like a faggot because some anons don't post what I like on Sup Forums

>no marvel
>no dc
>no capeshit

Kek pleb confirmed

I don't think so unless you're really into super hero civil wars and games of thrones.

You're the cancer killing Sup Forums
>Why can't we just ignore all of the things I don't want to hear about
>Waaaah

I think there is a difference between other visitors posting stuff that I don't like, but is still relevant to tv and film, and shit posting cuck threads and blacked threads.

Filtered

>This is the least moderated blue board
t. redditor who doesn't try to discuss on topic board culture

Is it working?
youtu.be/x-gX8CGceoE

>thinking that people with political opinions are what is killing Sup Forums

Everyone has political opinions. And nearly everyone is a crossposter on some level, unless you are a complete literal autist with only one hobby or interest.

I can agree that Sup Forums is not for political discussion, that's why Sup Forums exists, but if a television show brings up a political issue, it's fair game.

Like for example, I think Babylon 5's vast range of themes makes it a good and interesting place to discuss the politics of revanchism, internationalism, ethnic blood guilt, and so on. It's the show itself that brings up those real world issues, and not 'Sup Forums crossposters' or '/his/ crossposters' or anything of the kind. You cannot tell people they can't talk about what the show wants you to start talking about just because you disagree with the end result of that conversation.

Sup Forums's real problem is the fact that the quality of television itself has declined, and the average person who still watches television has become extremely cynical and likely to engage in sour grapes. There are other issues, like forced memes and generals, but overall those are problems every board has and not Sup Forums exclusively.

So you can look at it two ways: First, that the Golden Age of TV/Film is dead and will be dead forever, and in that case Sup Forums is basically never going to improve because its subject matter will never improve; Second, that this is simply a Dark Age of Mass Media culture and like other dark ages this too shall pass and Sup Forums will improve in the next decade or so.

Also, this
Filtering and filtering often is pretty much required for Sup Forums right now. Always report and filter a thread you think is dragging down the board. Just don't think that everyone on this board is required to agree with you, because guess what, your tastes are probably as shit as mine.

Can you show me how to do this?

Get 4chanX

then do your thing, ignore that shit and stop bitching
don't like it? leave
you have options, like I said, grow up

oh grow up OP

have some fucking fun

you don't get many days like this with the face app meme

You don't need it. Just go to the settings option at the top of the page.

>face app

That's the latest addition to my filter list.

>posting like you're on Sup Forums because you never spent time there
>g-ggrow up

This is fucking amazing. The board really has been invaded

user, the reason for that is that it's summer. In summer there's always a sudden increase of new summerfag tourist crossposters who will mostly all leave to their home boards/sites as soon as summer ends. But now they all have plenty of extra time to "discuss" their whatever current most popular tv show and capeshit because casuals watch a bit more flicks and tv series during the summer on their 13 inch Toshiba laptops with one earbud.

I highly doubt you're a regular Sup Forums poster if you're not aware of this.

We need more Jenny.

I am, usually I can deal with summer - but you got to admit that this week has been waaay over board. Even summer has limits

>Sup Forums-fags seem determined to infest
It's all deliberate high volume/low-effort repetitive spam, user, and Sup Forums is equally affected.

>whaaa whaaaaa
>stop posting "like Sup Forums"
>post like ME

retard

What's wrong with her face?

Indeed we do.

This is how you spot a Redditor.
The whole "le Sup Forums is only for le shitposting, not actual discussion! xD" attitude didn't exist before the Reddit influx.
The fact that people usually add-on "serious discussion is for Reddit, Sup Forums is for shitposting! xD" to this opinion is just further proof that they are, in fact, from Reddit and are crossposting here because they think every Sup Forums board is Sup Forums, like the average newfriend.

The people that own those shit websites are URL farmers. Basically they spam the fuck out of their creations hoping to drive up the value of their URL. Then they sell it off. Most of those topics are not organic but are in fact spam coming from the owners of the site. We see this over and over again on Sup Forums.

>I decide what Sup Forums is or isn't for
I never said what you, me or anyone should post about, that's you, you are traumatized
>reddit this
>Sup Forums that
>Sup Forums here
>crossposting
>etc

fucking retard addicted to this site

Summer + new episodes of the current most popular tv show on earth + no new film in the cinema being released to talk about (Dunkirk has been already talked about)

Look user, these meta threads do jackshit. The only thing that you can do is make quality posts in threads, and if that thread doesn’t exist then you go ahead and make it yourself.
It's really that simple.

Threads with actual discussion are archived within hours or even minutes whereas shit bait threads last hours.

WTF????? No Baneposting?? HOW?!?!?

The fact that we have about ten Rick & Morty threads has reached a limit for me too. Pickle Rick should be treated as spam by now.

final nail in the Sup Forums and most of Sup Forums coffin was late 2012 thanks to /q/eddit and """"""""""better moderation"""""""""

FAS with a touch of autism (most likely)

Yes. Waifus in general desu

If you use Sup Forums it doesn't work. you just put tv

check

pozzed

She just has a normal face, not a model's one like most female YouTubers who are aspiring actresses trying to get noticed.

add kek

legit post

>sjws want to ban the fun threads just like they did with the app
wow who would've thunk

Thank you.

Cry harder, bitch niggers.

I can't make it work, what do I have to put in the Type field, "Subject" or "Name" or what? Right now it's not changing anything.

PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT TO STOP SEEING /GOT/ GENERAL

newfag lol

HELP ME

no

How about you have fun in real life with your friends instead?

very pale

I like Jenny, I'd like to have a sexual relationship with her.

Since utilizing the features that have literally been there forever is too complex for you, and using Sup Forums-X (like all of us) would probably give you an embolism I'll show you something immune to your special brand of weaponized autism:
>see icky poopoo thread
>"Ew thats icky poopoo"
>hold the SHIFT key
>click icky poo thread
>HAZA! icky poo thread goes poof
Proceed to die in a fire sometime soon

This
I love how everyone is so quick to point the finger at Sup Forums for fucking everything when we've seen evidence the invasion bullshit is predominately redditors trying to falseflag and ruffle everyone's jimmies

Someone please teach me how to word filter. I wanna do it.

Why is it always the meta threads that out the blatant newfriends? I always thought using the filters and/or 4chanX was idiot-proof but god damn

You have to go back.

lel just wait bro well see him in 10 minutes REEEEing about accidentally hiding one of his coveted capeshit threads