How would Sup Forums write an animated Mario movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgDpRFpHKjE
youtube.com/watch?v=GGWs8WYUp8c
youtube.com/watch?v=w5KXo9moSYc
suppermariobroth.com/post/35714241507/mario-does-a-star-wars-impression
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First we would need to resurrect Lou Albano and Danny Wells.

Well I mean, you kinda already posted the answer.

The Mario & Luigi games are how you perfectly do a Mario story. Every single one short of maybe Paper Jam would work as a movie.

>Invent time machine
>Travel back to 1989
>Go to DIC and have them make a two hour long episode of Super Mario Bros. Super Show with their budget and everything. Leave any animation errors in as is
>Give them images of Wario and Waluigi and have them included in the movie
>Take finished product back to the present and have it released theatrically
>Watch as all cinema reaches an all time peak

>take the entire audio track from this movie
>animate this movie, scene for scene, but with game accurate designs
>Sync up audio and animation

Honestly, this is what I'd do

The majority of people would hate it, but I'd fucking love it

Make it a spiritual successor to Super Mario Adventures. Literally all you need in terms of inspiration (with a dash of Classic Paper Mario/Super Mario RPG).

>Bowser stoned the fucking sound effect

Best Bowz

Something like this?

If you just replace dinosaur world with koopa kingdom then fans would love it

I would just make it like the old Mario 3 cartoon.

Only explanation needed is that the mushroom kingdom is another world. Then don't bother explaining anything else. It just has mushroom people, talking turtles, and flowers and leaves give magic powers for seemingly no apparent reason.

I'd make a super smash bros animated movie.

Super Mario Adventures would be a great source material. I think the key thing that makes Mario stories great is the witty writing and unique humor. All of the Mario RPGs have displayed that to some extent, so if there was a Mario cartoon it would almost have to share that same kind of humor.

I would just grab my artsy project i wrote one day when i was really high, change the names around and try to sell it anyway.

Take a look at the opening for the Mario Tennis game on Gamecube.

Do that, but make it an hour.

Original plot, don't try to adapt any games.

Completely ignore Nintendo's retarded restrictions on how much a Mario character is allowed to change their facial expressions. Just let the animators from both Luigi's mansion games collaborate.

Delete Miyamoto.

youtube.com/watch?v=OgDpRFpHKjE

It'd probably make some people cringe, but I'd really play up the fact that it's based on a video game. Use the SFX from the 8-bit games. Reference things like game over, 1-UP, Warp Zones, Ect. I think casuals would find it easier to digest if it were a movie about a video game instead of a movie based on a video game.

I think it's pretty obvious how to do this.

Mario is a first-generation immigrant from a fictionalized version of Italy. He thought things would be better in the fictionalized version of America, and they are, but not by much. He's been a plumber for over twenty years. The best days of his life are long gone by, and he's still living paycheck-to-paycheck. He hasn't even learned to speak without his accent.

Then, one day, he falls down a pipe and warps into the Mushroom Kingdom. Suddenly, this weary pessimist has to save the kingdom's princess from a horrible monster named Bowser.

So, uh, imagine if Squidward got zapped into the Land of Ooo and was forced to become a hero.

There's the obvious "average joe learns to be a hero" arc of the story, but what would really be cool is Mario's emotional journey where he goes from being a pessimistic to optimistic.

Also, Luigi would show up at Mario's door back in Brooklyn in a post-credits scene.

>comparing Mario to Squidward

Have you ever played the games? He's more of a Spongebob. Totally jolly and high spirited, even in dangerous scenarios.

That's the point. What if he wasn't always this way? What if something happened that made him become this way? That's what makes for a good movie!

Hire vinesauce vinny to voice mario and luigi.
youtube.com/watch?v=GGWs8WYUp8c

Nintendo have restrictions on how much a mario character can change their facial expressions?

What?

youtube.com/watch?v=w5KXo9moSYc

It's not super obvious, just something I kind of picked up on lately.

I only realized it when the Reck-it-Ralph crew described working with Nintendo, and they were super picky about how Bowser should be animated, so much that they had to re-do the scene a few times. And if you look at Bowser, he's the only one who barely emotes at all in that scene.

What I'm saying is, Mario characters only seem to have a very basic set of facial expressions akin to Family guy.

I think the exception is the Mario & Luigi series, and even that dialed down the crazy faces and exaggerated animations by the third game, and for whatever reason, any Mario game that Next Level Games worked on.

>Reck-it-Ralph

Fuck me for forgetting the W

>That Chowder artstyle
Noice.

That's one of the things that makes looking at fanart for Bowser slightly odd: It's like his face is rigid yet fanart makes it more flexible. You should look up the Face Charts for Strikers Charged.

Unless you somehow got Nintendo's permission, you would be DMCA'd as soon as you showed this to anyone.

I've seen it, that was one of the Next Level Games spinoffs, the other being Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

I almost get it though, the faces in Mario Strikers can look really awkward, but I can't tell if it's because of how used to the same plain facial expressions from the other Mario games, or if it's just because Next Level are just shit animators.

Could be both. I mean, how often do you see Waluigi actually smile?

Shy Guys are creepy.

I'd make Bowser a little bit more like Megabyte from Reboot. He needs to be able to work as a menacing and capable villain, as well as have a respectful, softer side for alliance stories. He's too much of a goofball in most story-heavy games.

To be honest, dispair/sadness and shock/disbelief stand out as looking off more than the happy expressions.

I really can't put it into words, but the mouths are super off, like they were not meant for his head.

Just get Vinny.

Adapt Super Mario RPG.

Funny you would mention that movie. Watching it again a while back, it struck me how easily it could have been a good movie if they bothered with a halfway decent plot. Here's the shit replacement I thought of.

>Mario and Luigi are plumbers living in Brooklyn
>Business was inherited from dead father, Mario wants to follow in his footsteps, Luigi wants to become a cop or firefighter
>Tend to argue, but still get jobs done, still scrape by
>One day they encounter plumbing nightmare in some apartment basement on a leak call
>fucking pipes everywhere, like the Nintendo Power comic
>get it mostly sorted, still have one massive fucking pipe in the middle of the room that goes straight down
>while trying to figure out what the fuck it is, Luigi slips and falls in
>Mario runs out to van, grabs extension ladder
>tries to use ladder to reach bottom of pipe, can't find bottom
>yells for Luigi to watch out, then drops ladder down pipe, doesn't hear it hit bottom
>runs back to van, grabs the winch cable, sends it as far as it will go, uses it to head down pipe
>halfway down, gets pulled off cable by some force, falls down into darkness
>comes sliding out the other end, where Luigi and the ladder are, in some cave
>glad to be alive, they head out to see where they are
>some sort of wilderness, mostly plains, large castle in distance
>think about heading back to cave and yelling for help, when suddenly weird mutated turtles carrying spears arrive
>"Luigi?"
>"Yeah Mario?"
>"Have you been drinking?"
>"No."
>"Have I been drinking?"
>"How would I know?"
>weird mutated turtles spot them, and come charging with spears
>they run away screaming, eventually realize they can't out run them
>decide to stand and fight, pull out wrenches and mallets
>Luigi nails one turtle, knocks him out, other turtles panic and run away
>"What the hell were those things?"
>both are freaked out by their surroundings and the weird shit so far
cont. in next post

>Mario keeps a framed photo of his cock

You don't?

Have the japs produce it, but use western actors and have them speak english. No hollywood producers meddling is important.

>one of the toadstool people comes running up to them, exclaiming they must be great heroes to be able to stand against the forces of Koopa
>"Mario, that mushroom is talking to me."
>"I know Luigi, I'm scared too."
>a few other toadstool people show up to praise them, and practically drag them to the castle to meet the princess
>the whole way they are clinging to each other while looking around at all the mushroom people
>get to princess, she talks about how she's heard of their brave deeds and asks if they would be willing to take on Koopa directly
>Mario just wants to go home, but Luigi in interested in playing hero
>overhearing conversation between them, princess mentions she'll do everything she can to send them home once Koopa is defeated
>"Come on Mario, this is it! This is our chance to live our childhood dream!"
>"What does burning down Dodger Stadium have to do with..."
>"No, the other one! Remember? Back when we were young, we said one day we would be heroes!"
>"We also said we would become T-Rex's Luigi, we were kids."
>"That was different! Look, do you see any other way of getting home?"
>Mario concedes the point, they agree to help the princess
>She offers them "powerful magical artifacts" to help them in their fight
>hands them each a mushroom and a flower
>both accept, but look massively confused
>after getting directions to Koopa's castle, both leave
>"Luigi."
>"Yeah Mario?"
>"You do realize we just signed up with a crazy person, right?"
>"Well, maybe she isn't crazy. Maybe these really are powerful magic things?"
>"Luigi, I've got a mushroom in one pocket, and a flower in the other. What am I supposed to do with them, throw them at this Koopa guy?"
>"Maybe we gotta say the right magic words or something? MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!"
>nothing happens
>"Ok, you can sit here and try to find the magic in fungus and flora, I'm gonna go smack that Koopa guy around with my wrench."
>"This won't be like that time with the Teamsters, will it?"

I would write it out of existence. Mario doesn't need one. His medium is games, that's his greatest strength.

I'm gonna crush your dreams.

Here's how modern Nintendo would allow a Mario movie to be made
>First, none of those characters in your pic would be in it.
>the only characters would be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Rosalina, and an army of identical Toads.
>Browser kidnaps Peach in a world that looks nothing like any Mario game ever has, because Nintendo intentionally downplays anything that could allude to a continuing plot.
>the movie would be mostly short comedy gags with little dialogue strung out over 2 hours

I like this
I like this a lot
Keep going f a m

I would just adapt the Mushroom Kingdom Christmas Carol.

You got it. Just give me a minute to wake up.

Draw some stupid shit on a piece of paper and throw it in the trash.
Vydia adaptations are a bad idea.

I'm of a mind that Mario and Luigi have no business speaking for more than a sentence.

So a movie that somehow manages to go from beginning to end without Mario and Luigi saying much would be nice.

... Which ain't gonna happen so I'll keep living my pipe dream.

>Browser kidnaps Peach in a world that looks like the playskool style New Super Mario Bros. games
Fixed. You know that's what they would do.

Except they did their best with the source material.

>"HEY! We've discussed this. That guy took the first swing at me, AND he broke mom's fine china."
>"Just sayin'."
>They proceed towards Koopa's castle, going through various places in the videogames including a ghost house
>By the time they reach the castle, Luigi is having the time of his life playing hero, and Mario is completely fed up with wacky fantasy land
>they get seperated by the massive horde of monsters while making their way into the castle
>short while later Mario encounters Luigi again
>Mario yells out to Luigi, Luigi just smiles and then pulls out the flower in his pocket and eats it
>"...A bit hungry Luigi?"
>Luigi's overalls turn white and his shirt turns red
>"Huh. That's interesting. Is that how those things work?"
>Luigi holds out his arm towards Mario, opens his hand, and a fireball comes into existence over his hand
>"Woah."
>Luigi pulls back his arm, getting ready to throw
>"Uh...Luigi?"
>Luigi throws fireball at Mario, which he dodges
>"What the HELL Luigi, are you trying to kill me?!"
>Luigi keeps throwing fireballs at Mario, Mario runs for it
>ends up getting cornered in a room full of lava pits
>out of desperation, swings at Luigi with his wrench, makes contact with Luigi's head
>Luigi falls into lava pit

Ok, I got shit to do so let me summarize. Mario goes off to take down Koopa, runs across Luigi again, turns out they both encountered fake duplicates of each other. They go defeat Koopa, return to the princess, she gives them a large reward of gold coins and sends them home with magic. They get home, use gold coins to establish a large plumbing business. After a few weeks, Mario is doing great, but Luigi doesn't really care much about the business.
>Mario gets a phone call at 2AM
>"Hey Mario."
>"Luigi? Why are you callin' me in the middle of the night? If it's an emergency call just hand it off to dispatch and let one of the freelancers handle it."
>"No, it's not about that, I was just thinking."
cont in next post

>"This couldn't have waited till morning?"
>"Nah, I can't sleep."
>"Ok Luigi, what is it?"
>"What if we went back?"
>"What? High school? Luigi, the nuns will never let us back, not after what you did to their clothes."
>"It SAID color-safe bleach, how was I supposed to....no, Mario, it's not that."
>"Then what is it?"
>"I'm saying, what if we went back THERE?"
>"You're joking, right?"
>"I'm dead serious."
>"Luigi, we nearly died, multiple times."
>"Yeah, but what we did actually mattered."
>"What's that supposed to mean?"
>"Think about it Mario. Nothing we do here is important. If the business was to shut down tomarrow, it wouldn't matter. Our customers and the guys we got working for us would just go to another company."
>"So?"
>"So, what we did there mattered! There, we were heroes!"
>"Yeah, and we nearly died, and committed numerous acts of violence against animals. I'm just glad that place didn't have the SPCA or we would never hear the end of it."
>"Come on Mario, you can't seriously be happy with the way things are now."
>"Why not? I'm no longer on my knees working a plunger, or scraping to make ends meet anymore. We aren't just two guys with a van now, we have a full business. This is what we always wanted!"
>"No Mario, this is what dad always wanted for us. We wanted to be heroes."
>"We did play hero, we were done, dream lived. What else is there?"
>"We can go back."
>"Luigi, no. You're talkin crazy. It's the lack of sleep. Go to bed."
>"Mario."
>"What?"
>"Just think about it, alright?"
>"Alright, I'll think about it. 'Night Luigi."
>"'Night Mario."
>Mario attempts to go back to sleep, but can't. Calls Luigi at 4AM.
>"Luigi Mario, Mario Brothers Plumbing."
>"Hey Luigi."
>"You've thought about it?"
>"...yeah, I've thought about it."
>"And?"
>"...we'll get some supplies together first."
Later that day, they are both standing ontop of the rim of the massive pipe they went down last time.
>"Alright Mario, you ready?"
finish next post

But don't you want something like this?
suppermariobroth.com/post/35714241507/mario-does-a-star-wars-impression

>"Yeah, I'm ready. Still can't believe I let you talk me into this."
>"Whats the matter?"
>"What, you don't remember the skeletons, or the ghosts?"
>"That's what's eating you?"
>"Well, they TRIED to."
>"Mario, look. Remember that time I lost my temper with that sink and buried a crowbar in that guy's wall?"
>"Yeah, the judge gave you three weeks of community service and you had to go to anger management."
>"Yeah, well one of the therapists there taught me a technique to relieve stress. I think it might help you."
>"You're jokin, right?"
>"No, I'm serious. It can help you with your nervousness."
>"Alright, what is it?"
>"Ok, close your eyes."
>"Alright, now what."
>"Now take a deep breath while pushing your hands out, then let it out while bringing your hands back in."
>"Luigi, this isn't helping."
>"Just trust me, alright?"
>"Ok, ok, ok."
>"Alright, now picture a calm blue sea in your mind."
>"Ok."
>"You see the ocean?"
>"Yeah, now what?"
>Luigi reaches over and shoves Mario into the pipe
>"AHHHH LUIGI YOU BASTARD!"
>"Right behind you Mario!"
>Luigi checks his backpack and toolbelt to make sure he has everything
>"Alright world, ready or not, get ready to meet the super Mario brothers!"
>he jumps into the pipe's opening
Fin. Just picture it with Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo like in the film, and you have a rough idea of what I was thinking of.

Best iteration of Peach

That sounds better than most ideas from autistic fanfiction though.

I like this.