How do you fuck a franchise up so badly? who is to blame? i want specifics, not just "disney"

how do you fuck a franchise up so badly? who is to blame? i want specifics, not just "disney"

Other urls found in this thread:

waltdisneyconfessionsrage.tumblr.com/post/154502431026/hijadepavlov-images-first-a-picture-of
reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5h53rn/casting_star_wars_on_felicity_jones_kelly_marie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

George Lucas.

KK and the SJWs

its not just star wars tho is it.
every modern reboot, remake and sequel have ''fucked up''.
modern filmmaking doesnt gel with audiences.

This is actually funny in a post ironic, non-meme or raceposting way:

While speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Glover recalled his encounter with Williams. According to Glover, Lucasfilm set up the meeting, and he was extremely nervous as he shared his take on Lando with his predecessor. “I was like, ‘I’ve always felt like this character could do this, and he represents this, and I kind of feel like he comes from here, and it’s very obvious he has a lot of taste, so maybe he grew up seeing that from afar? Because I’m like that. Maybe he saw it from other planets and was like, ‘I want to be that.’ He just let me ramble on and on, and then finally I was like, ‘So, what do you think?’ And he goes, ‘Yeah, I don’t know about all that. Just be charming.’ ”

TFA was a pretty good movie and Rogue One was excellent.

Kikes, specifically the ones that run Disney.

It gels with audiences fine, especially if box office numbers are anything to go by.

It doesn't "gel" with Sup Forumstards.

>libtard bitch cries about Sup Forums

jews who want to milk every popular franchise for all its worth and either A.) insert into it their own subconscious agenda or B.) insert into it whatever is popular at the time so they can gather more viewers, therefore more money. they dont give a fuck about the story they want cash

see the rest of my post

i didnt say modern marketing and advertising techniques didnt work.
learn to read, commie.

Force Awakens was fine. Better than fine, even, especially as far as audience reception goes

Rogue One had problems, and I really, REALLY fucking hate the movie personally, but I can see why people liked it, and it did okay.

The Last Jedi will probably make all the money, again.

The Han Solo movie really is shaping up to be the first big dumpster fire though, boy howdy. Literally nothing about any aspect of that movie's production inspires confidence.

Not really. By all means, TFA should've beaten all box office records, but it couldn't even beat Titanic.

SW is shit since ROTJ, wake up newfag

Depends on how you measure it.

Domestically, it's got the top overall gross and the top first weekend of all time.

Adjusted for inflation, it still beats out every other Star Wars movie bar the first one.

hehehe the blame is what is gonna kill the white people.

>i didnt say modern marketing and advertising techniques didnt work

So you're saying it didn't appeal to audiences, specifically because the ad campaign appealed to audiences?
That's pretty stupid logic.

How did you feel when this was the first thing that popped up in the trailer?

>who is to blame?

Look into these eyes. You don't want to make it cry do you? Nobody's to blame. Look at the cute thing. Buy more Star Wars merch. How about a nice stuffed toy?

Lack of battle droids

You don't want battle droids you want new Ewoks.

They have warehouses full of these toys ready to go.

>Rogue One had problems, and I really, REALLY fucking hate the movie personally, but I can see why people liked it, and it did okay.

At least none of the problems pertained to anything SJWish. The premise alone limited them in what they could do. I don;t see how they could have made it better beyond pruning some of the silly cameos.

And that's a great thing. It'll be a hit for sure. People love cute things. Collect all 102 identical pets. Download the app. It'll be bigger than tamagochis.

>Lando's new actor cares way more about the character than the old one
That's... actually kind of promising. And I liked Billy's performance.

They could've made it into literally any other movie, for one thing.

Making it about the guy who designed the Death Star, and having him actually design a weak point for the thing fucks up both the original themes of A New Hope, and the entire Star Wars canon in some really serious ways.

If it was a movie exclusively about obtaining and conveying the plans, that would've been neat, but no, they had to take it too far

If you want to know specifics, google Kathleen Kennedy. She is basically in charge of all things Star Wars, and she's the one pozzing it up.

>Making it about the guy who designed the Death Star, and having him actually design a weak point for the thing fucks up both the original themes of A New Hope, and the entire Star Wars canon in some really serious ways.
How so? People always bitched about how implausible the Death Star's weak point was. Now we know that it was designed that way on purpose.

>JEWS

Lucas' weird political drama-romance-comedy-fall from grace-epic destroyed faith in the franchise. Audiences would still see the proposed trilogy through, but everyone knew beyond that the franchise had no further value in the film industry. This doesn't make the franchise worthless, though, because sales of lego sets and darth vader cookie jars will always be strong. Now, think about other characters who get novelty phones made of them. Mickey Mouse? Bam. Now you know why star wars belongs to a company less interested in making good films and more interested in putting the brand into the public conscience every year so they buy Kylo Ren frozen dinners and First Order toilet paper.

it's not KK. this is who she wanted to play rose.

RJ changed it and put his foot down about casting the ugly fat asian girl.

she wanted finn to be white too, he was originally white in the concept art. JJ is the one that decided to make him black.

literally women in charge trying to make it a strong women shit

not that I really care. Anything that becomes normie over decades will turn into crap

>“Rian Johnson was very adamant about having a woman of color playing the [new character in Star Wars: Episode VIII] to “subvert expectations”. His pick was [Gina] Rodriguez from the get-go, but something didn’t gel there at all with anyone else but him. Kathleen Kennedy’s favorite was Bel Powley. Kelly Marie Tran didn’t come into the fray until a little later.”

The implausibility of the Death Star's weak point was THE ENTIRE GODDAMN POINT.

Remember the scene in A New Hope with Vader and the other mooks in the Death Star meetingroom? And Vader says "This space station is insignificant next to the power of the force"? That's the entire point of the movie. As the series goes on and it becomes more about the Skywalker family it kinda loses that thrust, but the original theme of the original Star Wars was that if the universe didn't like you, it will destroy you. Darth Vader knew this better than anyone in that room.

If the exhaust port was planned, then literally any asshole could've blown it up. In that case, the Empire just comes off like a bunch of bumbling retards. Luke didn't need to harness the power of the universe to make that shot, he was just a lucky idiot.

I don't understand how they could go from somebody with a fucking cape and mustache to that ugly ooga booga then call us racist because he's not even half as cool as Lando.

Well, I mean
>that ugly ooga booga

should probably be your first clue.

>Sup Forums complains about women ruining everything

>Meanwhile, little girls cannot safely google My Little Pony

pottery

this is gina. they should've used her.

well it still needed literally the perfect shot, remember? Luke was only able to make it because he was a very skilled pilot and because he did trust in the force etc. This is also why nobody else in the Empire noticed it, I imagine.
I don't think whether it was planned makes a huge difference one way or the other.

>Force Awakens was fine

Stopped reading there

Rogue One was awful.

Sup Forums said it was good but it fucking sucked and I didn't even get what the fuck Forest Whitaker was doing besides huffing gas and speaking nonsense. I felt like I needed subtitles to understand the entire cast.

Only good part was that sudden ambush on that imperial tank or whatever, but even then it would have been better if shown from the perspective of the shocked stormtroopers. Also the CG actors were terrible whichbdoesnt make sense to be because CG Jeff Bridges in Tron was pretty passable.

Why have you all lied to me? This was barely a Star Wars movie. It was a high budget fan film

Just fuck off with your race baiting shit.

Still better than Force Awakens

this, pretty much. some will say it started with the ewoks in return of the jedi, but for me it started with the 'revisions' of the star wars movies in the 90s.

I liked it a lot more than TFA but I don't know where you've seen Sup Forums praising it. Everyone I've seen has been shitting on that movie.

there were 3 other asian actresses in the running to play rose and they picked the ugliest one. kek.

No you fuck off with your lies Alan Tudyk was the only one speaking coherent phrases but his character was shit so it was pointless it was just a long movie about explosions or something

Sup Forums or no, the movie was terrible. the pacing and plot structure were awful and he's right that the whole plotline with Forest Whitaker was useless and just took up a ton of time. The dialogue was also uniformly laughably bad and it was impossible to really care about any of the characters so the movie was devoid of any real tension

Disney's to blame of course. You can't just make a Star Wars movie now, you have to have your story approved by execs, have the script changed to add in selling points and remove stuff that isn't deemed acceptable for whatever reason. Profit is the #1 motivation for making the movies, so they cut out creative control and add in whatever they can sell as toys to man-children, stuff that they think will appeal to the Chinese market, and a story that tries spreading out across all age groups. In the end it's just a 2 hour product that lacks any spark of creativity.
They also add in shitty jokes to make it seem like the movie's are fun, but they just suck.
So basically, the mouse is killing Star Wars

why would they do this

if they wanted to appeal to the chinese market they would cast a good looking asian. this is rian pandering to the SJW crowd.

This. Not even just the prequels, the fucking remasters in '97.

Hollywood execs are completely out of touch, they failed at breaking China last time and they'll fail again with The Last Jedi

>there were 3 other asian actresses in the running to play rose and they picked the thicc-est one.
FTFY.

Women

Most females fucking suck shit at art, but putting them in the forefront of a franchise typically men oriented is a recipe for disaster

>mouseshill doesn't understand/comprehend the concept of nuance
He sounds like a pretentious hack, which he is, Williams fucking blew him out of the water

fpbp

Who's this?

>wonder where this quote is from
>google it
>every link that comes up is tumblr

get out

arden cho, she was in the running to play rose.

if you click through the info is originally from a guy on reddit.

>check to see what the source is on the tumblr posts
>reddit

waltdisneyconfessionsrage.tumblr.com/post/154502431026/hijadepavlov-images-first-a-picture-of

reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5h53rn/casting_star_wars_on_felicity_jones_kelly_marie/

They couldn't cast an ugly nigger with no charisma as Lando back then like they did with Finn, that shit wouldn't have fly with movie goers then.

SJWs would have just complained her character exists just to be eye candy for men. Can't have that.

I think she's cute, her outfit in the movie makes her look like a bag lady.

>I think she's cute
It would be generous to say she's plain looking. Add in her lumpy body, and you have an unattractive woman. How is this "cute"?

It was literally Lucas. Same thing that happened with Hideo Kojima. The bigger his ego got, the less he relied on actual criticism from people around him. Magically when Tomokazu Fukushima the franchise went to complete shit. You can see the exact same decline in Star Wars with Lucas.

When you are actually a legitimate savant at this shit, like Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos - You can get away with telling literally every other person in your company they are fucking wrong and they will do it your way... And once that one dude leaves you see the cracks begin to form. Apple is struggling to stay on top these days with Tim Cook at the helm, whereas with Jobs he was effortlessly assfucking technology in whatever way he chose.

Disney made a very, very mediocre mainstream movie, and a pretty good movie out of what appeared to be a dumpster fire (Millions in reshoots, obvious plot points cut, etc). We'll see what happens going forward.

>SW is shit since ROTJ
>Not unironically liking Phantom Menace

Fuck off fag. Episode 1 saved the franchise and everyone knows it.

Not who you are replying to, but Episode 1, out of the prequels, was by far the best most tolerable one. Politics was not as fucking insane (it was bad but not as bad as 2-3), you got to "experience" places in the SW universe casually - just hanging out on Tatooine and then Darth Maul fucking shows up out of no where was fucking crazy. Pod racing? 10/10.

I personally watch a fan edit of Episode 1 (Phantom Edit), and it will be the one I show my children one day since it makes the movie a genuinely amazing movie, but the Phantom Editor didn't even need to really trim a whole lot to make the movie god tier (he cut over 2x as much out of Attack of the Clones, giving it a shorter overall run time than Ep 1)