Is there a SINGLE good lovecraftian movie?

is there a SINGLE good lovecraftian movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_HPFoelMQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a SINGLE good lovecraftian story?

Lovecraftian horror only works in writing. Only writing can convey cosmic horror, because with writing nothing is shown. Film displays imagery, therefor the concept of cosmic horror is lost in the film.

In the mouth of madness

Re-animator

>Ahhh, you were at my side all along
>My true mentor...
>My guiding moonlight...

man bb is so fuggin kino

Agreed.

prometheus

The lore in this was 10/10. The visuals were a treat and I didn't realize how 10 days went by.
There needs to be more media that tell cosmic horror stories like this.

Which directors do you think can make cosmic kino?

Numales only understand Lovecraft on a very superficial level and will never be able to adapt it into film form.

The Colour out of space

So the MC becomes an elder god at the end, right?

this and maybe Event Horizon

Dagon

pic related

Prometheus? Alien Covenant?

While not directly influenced by Lovecraft at all, The Thing I honestly think is the greatest Lovecraft-esque film to ever come out. I like to imagine that The Thing is a Shoggoth, and the space ship was an emissary vehicle from some distant Elder things satellite.

>Lovecraft-esque film
I can't tell if this is bait or not. If you're being serious, you don't have a very good understanding of what constitutes Lovecraftian horror. A more fitting Carpenter nomination would have been In the Mouth of Madness.

Playing this again right now. Absolute kino. Best game of the 2010s and probably the best post-sixth gen game. The way it unfolds is perfect.

>"lovecraftian"

You're the one who has no understanding of Lovecraft except for the most superficial level.

Top cake, mate. Top cake.

this.

The Objective

in one of the endings, yes

I can't fucking believe this shit... they actually did it.... a video game that has surpassed television, movies, and even books....

The Void

Yep. Carpenter was the last best hope.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_HPFoelMQc

nah man, it gave too much shit away in the end

2001: A Space Odyssey

How many times are you going to make this thread?

came to post this

decent at best

tried too hard

No imagination in you.

It really bothers me when people say "the thing" is Lovecraftian when it was based of another writer's story "who goes there?"

Also you fuccbois don't even know about squid-fu.

Not even close.

would have made a much better short

Just like bloodborne's lovecraft elements were kept secret until the game came out and people discovered it themselves, there needs to be a movie marketed as one movie while keeping that twist completely hidden from the audience until they see it for themselves.

That movie was way better than I thought it was going to be. Way sexier in certain parts too.

>lovecraftian
This is a good word to add to my filter list. Thanks OP.

True Detective season 1
The Blair Witch Project

Read "Sticks" by Karl Edward Wagner before watching either of these

That's a good idea but unfortunately LE CTHULU xD sells too well so we can have the smallest bit of subtly when it comes to cosmic horror or anything based off of lovecraft.

True Detective was cosmic horror done in a very nice grounded way.

You posted the wrong pic

OPs image proves you wrong. Bloodborne was effective Cosmic horror if you read item descriptions and tried gathering lore.

Now edit it to show the MGS from Kings Field games and Armored Core.

You know Seath the Scaleless and the MGS come straight from Kings Field, right?

Maybe Alien, but not those pieces of shit.

None of those games match the video's intention. It's about how the animations transition into each other.

>Seath
Share's a name with the KF one and nothing else.

>muh lovecraft

80's Stuart Gordon.

True, gave me creeps like crazy. The cthulu myth is for plebs

Books not, the other two yes

underage
also underage
watch more film.

I am talking about Lovecraft media you dunce, I am well aware that Bloodborne™ is not the pinnacle of human art.