Daily reminder this episode was GOAT

Daily reminder this episode was GOAT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nDBFv5W-x4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry that's Mr Greg

Sorry but the first third of Mr. Greg was below average whereas Lube City was golden from start to finish.

this user knows

So Pearl is confirmed lesbian? I mean canonically. You can say gems have no genders all you want but Pearl is a woman and the pink haired chick is too. How are they gonna explain this to soccer moms watching the show with their kids?

Kids don't watch this show, user. It's target audience is 18 - 25 year old women who don't have a clue what's going on in social politics but like to pretend they do because a comic or cartoon has a lesbian in it. A very niche audience. Why do you think Loud House beat its shit in when it premiered?

Any episode with Amethyst is automatically shit tier.

By having S. turn out to be a divorced soccer mom.

Counterpoint:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nDBFv5W-x4

I think there's an argument to be made she' still hasn't gotten over Rose.

And on top of that it's fucking retarded you have to explain lesbians to soccer moms and no running red lights, speeding, driving without a license and then running from the police with a minor in the car. Partially on what appeared to be a winding mountain path.

user, it's been how many seasons of this now?
If the uptight Christian Coalition Soccer Mom Psychos haven't already beaten their children for having just for seeing this show advertised, well then it's far too late to start saving their little souls now.

>>>/tumblr/

>Look mommie I learned a buzzword

I agree

Mr Greg was so much better later that it's better on average overall. The 10 seconds or so of running out of gas and steven looking up gas stations on his phone wasn't exactly golden either but I know what you mean.

Technically yes, Honestly Pearl's reason for liking her has more to do with her looking like Rose than her being female, If Rose looked like a guy she would like guys that looked like Rose.
>How are they gonna explain this to soccer moms.
Why would they have to? it's pretty self explanatory.
>watching the show with their kids?
That would imply they do that, that would require paying attention to their kids in the first place.

That song was terrible and had the least to do with anything.
>Holy fuckballs nobody is paying attention to me at the moment, I better sing a melancholy song about it!
And it then had no bearing on the rest of the episode.

it was okay

God I have yet to watch this show. My backlog just keeps growing.

>Remember the 90s
>punk lesbians
>filler that could have easily not happened

No

>Implying the 90's and punk lesbians are bad

How can there be filler in a SoL show?

this

It was really fun king bad Canon

This

>filler
Pearl moving the fuck on is really fucking important for her personal development and for her relationship with Steven.

This episode was arguably more important than Mr. Greg.

Last season fucking demolished amethyst.
Can't wait until she figures out she belonged to pink diamond all along and rose is the one responsible for everything going so bad and pearl and garnet knew but didn't tell her

>had no bearing on the rest of the episode
That's because it was about a completely different side plot than the one being focused on in the episode. Good series don't just develop one character at a time and pretend the surrouding characters aren't impacted by the shit going on.

And the song's great. Easily top 8.

Now I want these three go on a trip to white castle

I couldnt give less of a fuck about how bad pearl got fucked or how good does a piece things feel in her caboose I want to see Steven fight the diamonds or wathever sad excuse this show has for a plot

>I want to see Steven fight the diamonds or wathever sad excuse this show has for a plot
Uh, the plot is about Steven growing up as a person and into his powers. All the Homeworld BS is technically just a major sideplot.

There is a reason the show is told exclusively from Steven's perspective.

Daily reminder that SU has a general on Sup Forums. Somehow SU fags never seem to realize that.

I want to see the protagonist beat the villain or wathever sorry excuse this show has of a set up
Jesus imagine if samurai jsck had to balance saving the world with being a 90s sitcom dad of three by day

>shit soundtrack
>Mike Krol and the dildowhackers
>tumblr incarnate love interest for Pearl
>the concert wasn't even lit

end it all my dude

>using Samurai Jack as an example of a character that beat the villain

you are a good man

At least it was interesting to watch and the main characters head was never 3 times the size it was supposed to be

But there isn't really a villain, diamonds is just some far away threat no always active in there current lives. Not the main focus of the show.
The main focus is Steven's day to day life. Somedays he fights some crystals, and others he doesn't

well no, but his fingers were fucking square-tipped. You really can't throw stones in cartoons
I think they anticipated the popularity and went for a really slow burn. i bet adventure time wishes they'd pushed the lich off further.

All I got from thus episode, is that getting a chick's number is easy if you're an awkward lesbian.

Well you can compare Jack to Steven Universe pretty closely. It even does culture and representing different races better than SU but nobody ever notices.

>At least it was interesting to watch
Yes. Yes it was.

Remind me again when Jack got character development? Samurai Jack was basically a fuckmassive series of vignettes about a character at the end of his arc getting his ending dangled in front of him with literally no payoff.

It was the biggest cocktease of a show on earth.

But the fights were well choreographed and regular.

Imagine if Jack actually got back to the past.

WRONG you nerd! It's easy to get a chick's number by being yourself and not someone else

>"Remind me again when Jack got character development?"

God, shut the fuck up, you NEVER watched the show.

He did, he lost his memory and would was oblivious about it because it technically didn't happen and he fought any and got sent to the future again
Samurai jack is an unbreakable loop

>Well you can compare Jack to Steven Universe pretty closely
No, you can compare Jack to fucking Kino's Journey pretty closely.

Jack is in no way similar to Steven Universe in tone, art style, characters, plot, setting, target audience, audio, genre, or story structure.

The flashback episode where he learns that the sword isn't supposed to beat any bit he is
That episode where he fights something and something happens and he looses that I completely forgot about, when he fights the scotsman. When he decides to save the aliens rather than just go back to the psst

>Holy fuckballs nobody is paying attention to me at the moment, I better sing a melancholy song about it!
That's not what the song is about.

>And it then had no bearing on the rest of the episode.
It's a direct parallel to what Pearl was about to go through. It's why Amethyst defends her from the start even though she knows it's fucked up.

>Or story structure
Because Steven universe has none?

She has a massive lady boner for rose. What do you think?

>And the song's great. Easily top 8.
You have terrible taste

Literally fanfiction tier. No wonder why you fags eat this shit up.

Pearl is Rose-sexual. If Mystery Girl was a dude with big pink hair and DSLs Pearl would be just as into him.

>pearl
>not a cuck

>So Pearl is confirmed lesbian?
Three years ago.

Did Sophie Campbell Design mystery girl? That was one of the thoughts going through my mind as I watched the episode .

Jack:
a. meets Aku in disguise
b. meets a stranger in trouble
c. is misunderstood

action sequence

Jack:
a. falls into a trap
b. chooses all the wrong ways to resolve the situation
c. accidentally acts like an asshole

action sequence

Jack
a. escapes the situation
b. remembers shit he already knew about how to resolve the situation but wasn't thinking of at the time
c. comes to an understanding with his alien surroundings that gives him an advantage in the situation

climax

Jack
a. doesn't get back to the past
b. doesn't get back to the past
c. doesn't get back to the past

Show was Scooby Doo levels of formulaic.

> doesn't get back to the past
> doesn't get back to the past
>Samurai Jack
>WHACHAAAA

Finally, someone who isn't retarded

She worked on part of the comics and has done fanart. I doubt she did the character design, but if you throw a few more details on a lot of the characters they fall squarely into her wheelhouse in the first place (which is probably why she got to do part of the comics).

>but Pearl is a woman
No she isn't.

>lesbian
>implying only lesbians are attracted to females
>what is bi, pan, et al.

Steven universe
Character is
A sad
B angry
Because it's
A her fault
B someone else's fault
She then
A forgives her
B here's more angry
C sings about it
Bonus points if it's an episode about the background characters nobody cares about

>no she isn't
I'm sorry, what do you call a female human constructs attracted exclusively to female human constructs?

A Gemsexual Gem. I know it can be hard to remember she's a space rock hologram and not your waifu.

>emoting is bad
>emotional conflict and resolution is bad

I can see why you held up Samurai Jack as an example of a show with character development. You have no idea what that looks like.

Protip: Jack figuring out the best shoes to use isn't character development.

You just got called out on your shit Steven universe is miles more formulatic that almost any other show

What kind of retard waifus a lesbian?

I mean other than Zuke who doesn't count for obvious reasons and other people that don't count for obvious reasons.

You would think but Sugar stated many times in different interviews that she's making a show with no real villains

>exclusively
There's no evidence for that. Only a moron looks at two pieces of data and shouts "I'VE FOUND A PATTERN!"

>what do you call a female human constructs attracted exclusively to female human constructs?
The term you're looking for is "gynephiliac."

Tumblr hated Mr. Greg though since they thought it would lead to Greg/Pearl shit.

Also forgive me for expecting an action show because Steven universe was also an action show a long time ago back when it had direction to have a character that can spend two minutes without breaking down crying or singing about wanting to cry

>fanfiction tier
>all the characters act in-character the entire time
Pick one

>inb4 doesn't understand Pearl

Right, except the criticism was in the lack of character development, not in the formulaic nature of the show.

Being formulaic isn't inherently a bad thing, I already said Samurai Jack is a great watch.

I was outlining the formula to show it didn't include any god damn character development not to criticize the show for being formulaic in and of itself.

Meanwhile Steven Universe's formula DOES INCLUDE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT you gibbering retard.

Ultra-religious soccer moms still exist?

I thought that fad died out in the early 2000s.

>If Mystery Girl was a dude with big pink hair and DSLs Pearl would be just as into him.

So like this guy?

Nono you claimed samurai jack was beyond formulatic
And if you have a problem with lack of characters development why are you watching a show where the characters will about their problems for three seasons before showing the slightest interested in moving fowards?

>Steven universe was also an action show
Huh?
>when it had direction to have a character that can spend two minutes without breaking down crying or singing about wanting to cry
Steven is crying midsong literally 3 and a half minutes into the first fucking episode.

* Sulk

>Nono you claimed samurai jack was beyond formulatic
It is. Not a criticism.

Scooby Doo's formulaic. I fucking love that shit.

Remember when they spent most of the time fighting monsters instead of fighting each other and writing shitty poems in their tumblrs?

>And if you have a problem with lack of characters development why are you watching a show where the characters will about their problems for three seasons before showing the slightest interested in moving fowards?
Because a character can have the same problem for 3 seasons and finally change?

As opposed to 99% of cartoons where they'll have it for one episode or have it for the entire fucking series except possibly the finale.

Remember when Adventure Time was CN's flagship show and got great ratings than they started pandering to the "adult" crowd with deep lore, feels, shipping, and relationshit and the ratings took a huge dive and never recovered because kids don't want that shit?

The difference is a regular cartoon doesn't really acknowledge continuity. Maybe once or twice as a joke, but otherwise, most comedy show characters all suffer from weekly amnesia.

SU is clearly not trying to be like other cartoons and there is a visible timeline where shit matters. So when a character learns the same lesson over and over again, it's way more glaring than another episode of Spongebob where he tries to cheer up Squidward.

Wow no way to backpedal, I trapped you into a corner
Steven universe is
A formulatic as fuck
B the characters develop at a fucking crawl with them crying about the same thing again and again all through different seasons
C boring both visually and story wise
D it has 15 times more characters than samurai jack to work with and I couldn't give a fuck about any of them

Naw this was pretty lame, fucking Robbie Rotten is more hardcore and edgy than Pearl is

>Remember when they spent most of the time fighting monsters instead of fighting each other and writing shitty poems in their tumblrs?
That literally never happened. At best you were getting 30 second-2 minute monster fights every few episodes.

Fuck's sake, episodes 8-12 are literally wall to wall internal conflict episodes.

There is a pint in having a character get over his problems quickly or at least don't burst into tears about it every time we see him
Pearl got completely butchered to create pointless drama, because don't kid yourself it was pointless drama, she went from responsible mother of the group to crying non stop and constantly fucking up because we need someone to do something when there is no theath

They're not learning the same lesson over and over.

They might be learning different lessons about the same THING, but that's because that's how real life development works, you gradually move away from your old self, it doesn't happen in eleven minutes or less during some convenient adventure that covers all the bases of a particular issue.

But bro.

She drank juice.

I can't recall a single piece of media where every time a character shows up he needs to remind everyone he is upset over something that happened forever ago
Not even daenerys tangarayen does that in a book with thousands of pages where re she does absolutely nothing

>So when a character learns the same lesson over and over again
They aren't learning the same lesson over and over again (except Steven, but he literally calls himself out on that bullshit). Recognizing you have a problem is not the same thing as resolving said problem.

These characters are struggling with their bullshit. There are entire musical numbers, fuck entire ARCS devoted to these people having flaws they are trying and failing to deal with.

Because there was also looking for monsters, exploring old temples, Steven getting new powers or trying to get new powers, Steven fucking up and shit like that

>A formulatic as fuck
yes
>B the characters develop at a fucking crawl with them crying about the same thing again and again all through different seasons
yes
>C boring both visually and story wise
No
>D it has 15 times more characters than samurai jack to work with and I couldn't give a fuck about any of them
That sounds like a personal problem.

Robbie Rotten eats cake.

She was crying nonstop by episode 3, completely fucking useless by episode 2, and we were getting episodes centered on her fucking up by episode 12.

>No
Literally yes
>Having 10 completely pointless characters around for absolutely no reason isn't a problem
Go research the Simpsons, every character had a point

Pearl's entire character went from caring OCD mother, protector, and teacher to Steven to ""By the way did you know I loved Rose?". Like for fuck's sake, she used to actually be relevant in the show, now she either stands in the background until they need her to gush over Rush or otherwise throw the audience a bone by giving her one episode every twenty examining one of her other traits.

It's like how every Garnet episode has become about "muh fusion muh love". Arcade Mania and Future Vision Garnet doesn't even seem relevant once Jail Break happened.

>I can't recall a single piece of media where every time a character shows up he needs to remind everyone he is upset over something that happened forever ago
Batman builds his entire life around being upset about something that happened forever ago.

Yuo know it's not the same, stop playing stupid
It's not just about her fucking up, she fucked up before but she also fixed shit and did other shit that wasn't fucking up
She got turned into a two dimensional character, I wish we never got to know more of her, usually backstory adds depth not takes it away

1. Steven fucking up is technically internal conflict
2. The exploring old temples was technically a setup for an internal conflict.