ITT: D e s p e r a t i o n

>THE SIMPSONS AND FAMILY GUY ARE CROSSING OVER
>THE SIMPSONS AND FUTURAMA ARE CROSSING OVER

>GUYS GUYS NEDNA NEDNA NEDNA TWEET US WHAT YOU THINK Sup ForumsROS

>THE SIMPSONS ARE HAUNTED BY THEIR TRACY ULLMAN COUNTERPARTS IN THIS YEAR'S TREEHOUSE OF HORROR Sup ForumsROS

>THIS TIME A CHARACTER DIES FOR R E A L ON THE SIMPSONS Sup ForumsROS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

>Sup ForumsROS HOMER AND MARGE ARE SEPARATING FOR REAL THIS TIME
>OUR MARRIAGE IS ON THE ROCKS
>episode airs
>it was a le dream who cares

>SMITEHRS IS COMING OUT AS GAY Sup ForumsROS!!
>"wait a minute that wasnt already readily apparent in the show?"
>in the actual episode nothing really happens

>UH UHHHH SIDESHOW BOB! SIDESHOW BOB FINALLY KILLS BART Sup ForumsROS ITS HAPPENING THIS YEAR'S TREEHOUSE OF HORROR TUNE IN Sup ForumsROS.. P-PLEASE TUNE IN

>GUYS GUYS G-GUYS
>FRANK GRIMES
>F-FRANK GRIMES EVERYONE GRIMEY GRIMEY'S BACK Sup ForumsROS HYPE... HYPE ANYONE?

>“They’re forming a sinister squadron of Simpsons enemies to try to kill the Simpsons,” executive producer Al Jean tells EW. “If that doesn’t make people tune in, I don’t know what else we can say.”

say you'll hire competent comedy writers
you don't use gimmicks to make people tune in. you write a good show and then write some accurate good press about it
come on jean, you should get this, the show's been a lot better since you came back. not good, but a LOT better. in fact all of tv seems to have gotten better this decade compared to last. just... shell out the fucking bucks to hire a few COMEDY WRITERS. not braindead morons. Write one last good season, then wrap it up before kavner dies. Can you imagine what that would be like? if suddenly like, all the best comedy writers got hired just for one season? and it was like the good old days again?

>“If that doesn’t make people tune in, I don’t know what else we can say.”

Simpsons got progressively worse. The only solution is to slowly higher better comedians so that we and the Normie's just get optimistic and give fox better ratings than FOOTBALL SUNDAY

it really didn't though. It moved in noticeable chunks. Yeah there were two periods where it was getting gradually worse, but then it was a plunge, stability, a rise, and stability.

and yeah sports need to just be banned already, and their fans reeducated or put to work for the rest of us.

>the futurama and simpsons crossover wasn't an hour.
>The Simpsons go to Rigel-7 wasnt an hour
>instead we get an hour long hip hop version of that shitty gatsby movie

Well, if nothing else I appreciate the honesty.

God damn why can't they just let this show die. It used to be just bad, but now this is sad and pathetic.

Watch the yellow people show yes? Subscribe to fox YouTube.

The best thing about modern simpsons is when rick and morty kills the family.

The quality of Simpsons dropped anzi proportionally with the amount of Ivy League efucated writers.

Remember when Kang and Kodos were only real in Treehouse episodes?

I guess I just don't understand how you can be butthurt over this

the Simpsons was always corporate-owned, always whored out as much as Murdoch could get away with

people still watched, still bought the merchandise

by popular agreement the "classic" episodes ended what sixteen, seventeen seasons ago

yet here you are

butthurt about things that have been this way your entire life

just

look

away

No , but you don't understand, I have to justify the fact that this mediocre television sitcom was what the majority of my chikdhood consistered of.

>THIS TIME A CHARACTER DIES FOR R E A L ON THE SIMPSONS Sup ForumsROS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS
But death does stick in the simpsons.
Maud is still dead
Homers mother is still dead (yeah she had already died but i could buy the survival)
Bleeding gums murphy.

jesus christ

>Sup ForumsROS

I don't get what you mean by this. Are you implying that the Simpsons markets to Sup Forumstards?

It's thematically fitting that Grimes wouldn't rest in peace, at least.

Geez, that's embarrassing.

None of those were used to rake in viewers. They REALLY wanted to hype up the death thing last time.

Ah i see.

I don't think you understand Al Jean.

bump

Didn't ATHF already do this?

/thread

DUDE HAMILTON KNOCKOFF LMAO GUIZE

To me Simpsons is just season 4 to 11. Behind the Laughter is pretty much a final episode imo.

>Fan favorite

When did Frank Grimes became a fan favorite?

>instead we get an hour long hip hop version of that shitty gatsby movie
Didn't that movie come out in 2013?

You know what was bad about Marge/Homer divorce and one of the characters dying bullshit. It was that it was covered by actual news outlets. Like you see anchors trying to drum up some sort of sad disbelief while mentioning this "news".

Im surprised no one mentioned the adventure time crossover

I think they mistake much loved episode for much loved character.

I'm watching through this show from the beginning for the first time. Should I just stop at season 8? Are there any later episodes that work well as a series finale?

Courage the Cowardly Dog and Codename: Kids Next Door did it as well. Pretty sure "All previous villains team up to take on the protagonist(s)" has been done several times.

Yeah, plus when mentioning past gimmicks, don't forget they had that Rick & Morty crossover as well.

No. Also you might as well continue for a few more seasons. There's still some good jokes here and there.
Hell, if you want "100% quality" you might as well stop in season 7.

Ehhhh, there's a small few that people consider to be finale worthy post-season 8.

>Behind the Laughter (Season 11)
>Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind (Season 19)
>Holidays of Future Passed (Season 23)

I've seen a lot of people say that the Movie would have been a fine ending point as well.

My problem with Behind the Laughter is that it's plagued by the "mean" humor that began taking over the show after the first classic 8 or so seasons.

The Spin-Off Showcase at the end of Season 8, actually, is also a good ending point if you really need one. It's what the episode was asking for, anyway.

Behind the Laughter would work much better as an ending to the show if the movie came straight after it to give things a proper "Canon" ending if you will. A last hurrah for the series.

Murdock, why wouldn't you cancel this fucking aberration?

It's probably going to be Moe or that Old Former Mayor guy.

>Sup ForumsROS HOMER AND MARGE ARE SEPARATING FOR REAL THIS TIME
>OUR MARRIAGE IS ON THE ROCKS
>episode airs
>it was a le dream who cares

This was clearly a last minute hack job after focus groups said they didn't like it

Why are you getting upset at out of continuity Treehouse of Horror stories?

I miss those times.

>To me Simpsons is just season 4 to 11

disgusting

so how long until they bring back Hank Scorpio?

1 to 9 pleberino

it already happened though, it was krusty's father

When the new Xbox is out and they need to make a parody episode.

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY

bump