ITT: Games that could be great animated features/shows

ITT: Games that could be great animated features/shows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rH-ln5SVy9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Want a Legend of Korra game that plays like Persona 4.

Jet Set Radio.

TF2 could have had it's own tv show on Adult Swim at one point but Valve time.

Overwatch, Dishonored, Elder Scrolls, Fallout.

Rocket League could be a fun Intial D type of show

Bastion and Transistor

Arcade America

You could do something fairly interesting with Journey.

Like those Samurai Jack episodes with very minimal to zero dialogue, just letting the animation talk for itself.

Aliens

During industrial production of Emmental cheese, the as-yet-undrained curd is broken by rotating mixers.

A required step in cheesemaking is separating the milk into solid curds and liquid whey.

Usually this is done by acidifying (souring) the milk and adding rennet.

Shit, I never knew I needed this. It makes me sad knowing it'll never exist.

This. Those were when Samurai Jack shined.

but there's already a show about nothing

it's called Seinfeld

This so much.

I'd watch it

>You don't love Korra
>No! I love Korra she means everything in the world to me. She makes me ME!
>She locked your dad away. She took your boyfriend away. She made your father conform to her insipid ideals
>Shut up i'm not listening to you

>Asami ignore it. That's not you we love each other

>The only thing you love is to be the controlling one...if she really loved you you'd leave her alone
>NO! NO YOU'RE NOT ME!

**I'll face myself starts playing**

Injustice.

>Halo gets DBZ
>40k gets a shitty cgi film
>FF7 gets an ok cgi film
>Sonic gets cartoons

How exactly would you make a show out of a tech demo? Unless you just mean nice colorful space landscapes, in which case, Wander Over Yonder.

Ugh ... go back to Sup Forums please ...

>6 gorillion episodes
>they all stick to the same boring formula

>splatoon
It can be about a squid girl maker her way up the ranks until The Captain enlist her and her team to stop the Octopuses

It's shit.

would watch

So can I assume you wasted your money on that garbage game rather than pirating it and deleting it three hours later?

>Earthworm Jim done PROPERLY
The old cartoon was charming, and that was it's downfall.

WildStar may have failed financially, but it's got a great IP and colorful characters and a delightful sense of humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=rH-ln5SVy9Q

I remember hearing about that game.

>The game was released on June 3, 2014
>On May 28, 2015, NCSOFT announced that the game would become free-to-play to all players starting on September 29, 2015.
>In February 2016, NCSOFT closed the game's PvP servers for being under-populated and those users were merged with the two remaining PvE servers.

>becomes free-to-play to boost player numbers
>player numbers fall so hard they have only two servers still running

Wow, been a while since I've seen a MMO fall apart that quickly.

Yeah, it sucks. I love the IP, and the housing system is legitimately the best in the business but whoever was optimizing the game were a bunch of idiots. For the first year and a half, if there was more than two dozen people in the main faction cities, the game would slow to a crawl. Raids were nearly impossible.

It's a shame to see such a beautiful universe die.

pic related

TEMPO
CHECK IT OUT YOU KNOW
HES MEGA FUNKY
AND HES GOOD TO GO OH
SWEET THING
CHECK THE GROOVE
IN NEW YORK, LA, AND SAN FRANCISCO

That's kinda my problem with all MMO/online only type games. You can dump all the money and time you want into them, but if the company isn't making enough of a profit it will get shut down and then you'll never be able to play again. And even if by some miracle some people manage to hack together a private server, you've still lost all your work.

NCSoft killed City of Heroes in order to produce projects like wildstar.

league of legends.

as fucking polarizing as that game and any moba for that matter is, i would love to see anthology structured episodes showing us the different aspect of the world.

a haunting tale of the shadow isles recounted by scurvy bildgewater tavern patrons, the exploits of the yordles, the conflict between demacia and noxus, or ionia and noxus, or literally everyone and noxus,

hell we can look at the tragedy that is ryze's nomadic isolation. singlehandedly seeking out and quarantining the very catalysts of a war that almost ended the world.

riot has so much potential with their lore but does jack shit with it, even though they rewrite an entire character every other month.

at least valve released official animations of the tf2 crew and serializes an overarching comic story, and that game's lore is literally
"two dudes try to kill each other for the inheritance with a team of hired mercs, while their administrator hunts down a rare, gold-colored metal that makes Australia, a continent full of drunk, fist fighting retards, the single world leader of technology and commerce. right under their noses." this franchise also has a soldier with a warlock roommate wrestle a bear while naked and covered in honey, a sniper that fights with jars of his piss, a villain raised by eagles, and a book of all knowledge of explosives called the bombinomicon. this universe is fucking crazy and stupid; and t its FUCKING FANTASTIC.

riot has an entire world of ancient lore and shit at their disposal but just fucks off to make fucking chroma dickbutt darius skins, which will go on to make billions of dollars from teenagers with access to mom's credit card.

riot literally has no excuse not to make an animated series.

actually you know what, fuckit:

i want a full series of BOTH TF2 and LoL.

>show where literally everything is the same as the first episode minus the initial feeling of wonder
>and there are no characters other than MC
>and every creature MC encounters looks like the creation of somebody that played Spore drunk

No fucking thanks

mtg would make a good show as long as it doesnt revolve around the jace-tice league

>Episode 1: protagonist gathers minerals to fuel ship. Fights potato-shaped alien by standing in place and shooting until it dies. Talks with different potato shaped alien.
>Episode 2: Protagonist gathers minerals to fuel ship. Fights potato-shaped alien by standing in place and shooting until it dies. Talks with different potato shaped alien using same dialogue as first episode.
>Episode 3: Protagonist gathers minerals to fuel ship. Fights potato-shaped alien by standing in place and shooting until it dies. Talks with different potato shaped alien using same dialogue as first episode.
>Episode 4: Protagonist gathers minerals to fuel ship. Fights potato-shaped alien by standing in place and shooting until it dies. Talks with different potato shaped alien using same dialogue as first episode.
>Episode 5: Protagonist gathers minerals to fuel ship. Fights potato-shaped alien by standing in place and shooting until it dies. Talks with different potato shaped alien using same dialogue as first episode.
>Episode 6: Protagonist gathers minerals to fuel ship. Fights potato-shaped alien by standing in place and shooting until it dies. Talks with different potato shaped alien using same dialogue as first episode.

sounds like a great show

Wildstar- A better version of Guardians of the Galaxy and Rebels.

Battleborn- Kind of a superhero version of G.I.Joe in space.

Dying Light- Kinda astonished that we got hit zombie comics and tv shows but no animation.

This already exists

Yeah, actually. I actually found myself disappointed that there weren't more story trailers. I'd watch more of that story. I especially like how effectively they've differentiated the characters from each other while keeping the overall style coherent. You'd need that for a cartoon.

It would be on Channel Frederator.

Psychonauts, in Jhonen Vasquez's sytle

Holy shit, I would kill a nigga for the adventures of the mutants trying o get to the nuclear throne, the lore and characters are there, fund that shit

>Nuclear Throne
>Ori and the Blind Forest
>Castle Crashers
>Team Fortress 2

As a more serious mini-series:
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R
>Any Souls game
>Hotline Miami
>The Witcher
>Darkest Dungeon

It wasn't animated, but the Witcher already had a show. Never seen it myself, so I couldn't tell you if it was any good or not.

The Witcher is a series of books, you heathen.

It's shit.

>Armored Core

Give it to the people behind Pacific Rim, Megas XLR, and Symbionic Titan, and combine the best aspects of each. If someone recommends throwing in a cutesy anime mascot or a pre-teen who angsts and cries like he's in an episode of Steven Universe, proceed to fire him. Out of a cannon.

star wars show centered on dogfighting, with the main characters being generic pilots, who win through grit, skill, and tourney cheese lists instead of the force

>STALKER
THIS right here...I want a Rookie Wolf arc..

also the Zone legends and stories are material for self-contained chapters.

who would be the main character?

You're shit

An Avatar: TLA that plays like Zelda would be goat.

Pokémon

I don't know how the fuck they'd manage it but Id kill for a series of anything featuring nudoomguy.

opening cans of soda, creaking doors open, blasting through a supermarket, anything.

Star fox 64 Would have been good with each level being an episode

Undertale would be the second one I'd choose

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

>Games that could be great animated features/shows
Dork Shells

from a marketing standpoint, Tracer
but really Mei

would mei, really mei-k a good protag?

tfw Expiration Date was supposed to be one of many shorts for Adult Swim

>player numbers fall so hard they have only two servers still running

They only had two PvE servers before the F2P transition as well thanks to the post launch consolidation. PvP servers had been dead for awhile thanks to a previous Carbine decision about server transfers during the debacle that was the game's launch. And they added incentives to flag yourself for world PvP after the merge.

It's on Steam now as well. It's not any less fun than it used to be. Plus there's a new raid. It's reached catch-22 status where they fixed the game, but now everyone thinks it's dead. So they don't want to start playing. Which is why people think it's dead.

But who cares if it's not around forever. It's free. People pay $60 for a 20 hour game and then never touch it again. I'll never understand why an MMO has to be viable for eternity or it isn't worth it.

Make it in a way that is inspired by MLATR but dig more into the question of is complex artificial intelligence equal to normal living creatures? Human treatment of robots etc. Also include more villains as well as side characters and have it take place before the Hooligan Sisters turned bad so we can give them a backstory.

>No man's sky
>great
Fuck off, Tod

>You could do something fairly interesting with Journey.

Fund it.

It would basically a be a blank slate sci-fi adventure thing where you could do whatever you wanted with the show because the game is so utterly devoid of content.

Fallout Van Buren

>But who cares if it's not around forever. It's free. People pay $60 for a 20 hour game and then never touch it again. I'll never understand why an MMO has to be viable for eternity or it isn't worth it.
Because I enjoy replaying games I like. I can go back and play pretty much any game I want when I feel like it, but once an MMO goes down that's not always a possibility. Not all of us play a game for a few hours then never touch it again.

Oh man, this right here.

Literally how? It's a nothing. The vague idea of space exploration would be a great show? No shit.

Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre would be great if someone wanted to basically make an animated Game of Thrones.

Halo. Overwatch. Sunset Overdrive.

Could be a pretty comfy show about Agent 3 and their life in Inkopolis

Monster Hunter.

>Riot makes an animated series
>It uses the same CGI graphics as A New Dawn

>End of first season
>Talon-controlled omnic invasion of some city
>Overwatch team arrives for massive avenegers-esque battle
>Save the city while also unveiling their return to the world
I need this

The first season would be about different characters being recruited into the recalled Overwatch I'd imagine.

This entire thread and no one's even suggested Gone Home

I bet none of you even play video games

I really liked the comics.

surprised nobody has brought up Pikmin

Take your DeviantArt reject shit elsewhere faggot

a new generation of cancer

Golden Axe and Decap Attack, if the back-ups in Fleetway's Sonic The Comic are anything to go by

For as disliked as they both are, having a TTGO styled show about the Jacetice League could work.

Only problem is Maro would get triggered by it and that it'd end up like the movie.

I feel like Starcraft could work as one of those late 90s, early 00s CGI cartoons. A terran colony on some bumfuck moon that has to deal with occasional zerg infestations, protoss visits, and space pirates. Wouldn't be hard to keep it kid friendly, since zerg are basically just bugs and could be killed with impunity. They'd just use nonlethal force on the intelligent enemies. I think it would probably end up on Nickelodeon for some reason. Starcraft's art style already kinda resembles some weird attempt at a 3D Klasky Csupo cartoon.

Sly Cooper