Why are modern Vampires like, always just posh yuppies who drink blood...

Why are modern Vampires like, always just posh yuppies who drink blood, instead of being the predatory undead creepy monsters they used to be in older vampire fiction?

Where did the modern Vampire come from? Was it that interview with a vampire movie?

Cause there was a period of time you could wear a cape and it wasn't seen as weird

Blackula is considered high art and is credited with all the modern canon

It's not just the clothing style. Go watch old Dracula films, Vampires are creepy as shit "Come..play with... us.. come... play" and move more similar to ghosts, very light on their feet.

Modern vampires are just normal yuppies who drink blood.

modern vampire was a standin for the soulless nazi german. duh.

Vampires were Jews in early cinema. From Eastern Europe, wealthy, ugly, predatory, etc.

Hollywood Jews had to subvert that and make them cool.

Pic is old dracjewla

This pic is the beginning of the urbane suave kike subverted dracjewla. Notice the six pointed star.

Lee > Lugosi = Villarias

Vampires are seductive. Nothing more seductive to women than money hence posh

I'd say it was because of the modern man. Namely around the time women were raising men, these dominate male traits were supressed or made out as childish so you saw Vampires changing to suit the numale autist. And I though it couldn't get worse when Interview came out.

>predatory undead creepy monsters
They are still around just overshadowed by zombies

I read that it has to do with how we interpret the night. In olden days, the night was a genuine threat, and thus, the `people`inhabiting it were seen as predators to be feared. The night now is seen as more daring, an escape into a more exciting life of drinking, random sex and meeting new exciting people. As such, our interpretation of vampires, the ultimate nightstalker, has evolved with it.

The only modern vampire that matters

>Where did the modern Vampire come from?
Camilla

Excellent movie.

Dracula Untold was pretty good at just going all out monster vampire

Dracula in the old movies comes off as a creepy night stalking rapist and the female victims all come off as mindbroken into being succubi.

>Where did the modern Vampire come from?
Homosexuals. female fantasies

Nuvampires?

It's kind of weird nobody has ever made anything close to a faithful adaption to Dracula.

Maybe like the 90s one is the closest? But even then it isn't that close.

Carmilla. Get your fucking facts straight, bitch.

Dragula isn't even the Romanian dragula. No idea why that's being shoehorned into everything. Bram Stoker's Dracula is Hungarian.

In my head canon vampires live in caves or old graves, they look like hobos or crazy people and the few that can speak do it in old timey english

Then you know nothing of the myths.

Anne Rice pretty much.

Film makers realized only girls like vampire stories so they fagged it up accordingly

I like to think inmortality makes them disconnect from the rest of humanity and more animal like. Who gives a fuck about money or clean clothes after 400 years.

Money, yes.

But fashion is timeless.

The best vampire movie is What We Do in the Shadows

The entire point of a vampire is that he or she is suave and seduces their victim. A lot of theories say that the drawing of the blood is actually symbolism for rape. If he looks like a disgusting street rat he's not getting into a noble lady's bedroom.

Mega spoiler right on the poster, Blacula gets hiss black ass staked in the heart

Sorry.

Actually that's not how he dies.

Then how does his black ass die?

Being more or less a normal person in a city that preys on people for their blood probably is a lot easier to do than living out in the middle of nowhere. It's a pretty logical move with how civilization has changed since the 1800s or earlier.

He voluntarily commits suicide by walking into the sun from a parking garage complex in the final battle.

Wtfuck why does he do that?

Yeah but thats because it's an incredibly well done pisstake on Interview with a vampire.

Watch the movie nigger

He's surrounded by police or something, and his harem was all killed off. I don't remember exactly.

Well, their used ti be some connotations of anti-Semitism amongst vampire legends. Why does Hollywood try to make them sexy now?

Gee I just don't know what the (((connection))) might be. Hmm...let's think

And then he gets resurrected by voodoo magic in the Scream Blacula, Scream and fights Pam Grier who unfortunately doesn't, iirc, show her tits at all in the movie. Still pretty comfy movie.

I mean, Coppola takes few liberties here and there but you kinda have to when you're adapting it since the book is written as a collection of diary entries and news articles. It's still far better movie than Bobby DeNero's Frankenstein that attempted to be closer to the book.

Vampires have always sort of been about giving into sexual taboos, rape fetishism, giving into base desires etc.

Basically with the modern take on Vampires, they inject romance and ramp romance up to 1000x and thus make the Vampires romantic attractive men, rather than creepy rapists who mindbreak and corrupt women.

In Bram Stokers Dracula, he isn't even good looking, he's a fucking disgusting cruel looking geezer and he basically goes around raping people.

Basically, film popularized this notion of the vampire as necessarily a class struggle story, the upper crust feeding on anybody lower than them. So you get these posh fucks who basically mostly just do that, or you get subversions where it's lower class bands of vampires like in Near Dark or Twilight who come together to form weird family bonds. The problem with that is that the vampire in Western culture is actually tied very closely to the birth of the medical science, rudimentary interpretation of what would come to be thought of as quantum phenomenon, an older world and consciousness encountering one where symbols and myths have been displaced by news of the day, weekly innovations which uproot actual lived experience, and so on. If there's any social situation it's tied to, it's in Dracula and it's the revolution from old Agrarian kingdoms and fiefdoms, the tyrannies of feudal living, to the new state of global consciousness wherein the old powers, to whom a lineal bloodline was so important, are displaced by widespread distrust among learned communities when it comes to that sort of ruling in favor of more democratic trappings, a shift in the mind which the body has been traveling to catch up with for thousands of years and which plays out every day.

You see it in old werewolf stories, too. In countrysides where Christendom has lit down, there's this tension between old perspectives of nature-- the cycle of coming into the world and having to kill and eat other life and that as permitted-- and the newer, alien one of Christianity where the body and soul are made into two different things, nourished by disparate desires, stretching the web of awareness a bit thinner through this separation but quite pointedly to a more efficient effect in terms of what we can accomplish.

tl;dr: vampires don't have reflections
Fire Walk With Me is the best vampire movie

This is outright false and just you sexualizing vampires too much (influence of the Jew probably).
Vampires are ancient legends that refer to the primitive understanding of biology, transmission of diseases and preservation of the flesh. Which is why it carries plagues around, and is associated with rats and bats, disease transmitting animals. Vampirism is more related to tuberculosis than to rape.

>rapists taking whatever they want
Doesn't it make vampires the perfect Sup Forums monsters?

Just about the only thing Colin Farrel's Fright Night remake did right was make him ultra creepy guy who kidnapped and kept people locked up in small cells until it was feeding time.

The book was slow, written as diary entries, and Van Helsing was...sad. Just like Jaws, I personally feel this was one of the cases of film surpassing book.

The Dracula you have in your OP pic is not the true Dracula.

Pic related is.

>A guy in a cape is meant to be scary
REALLY AMERICANS?

Dracula in the book didn't look like a monster. He had a hooked nose and a mustache though.

>Count Orlok
>Dracula

Pic related

>the time women were raising men
all of history?

I hope you realized the pic in OP is not from an American movie.

>I hope you realized the pic in OP is not from an American movie.
... no fucking shit I literally said "REALLY AMERICANS"

>modern
Dude, did you even see what the first Dracula looked like? And I'm not talking about Orlok/Nosferatu, but Dracula. It's been this way since forever.

What the fuck are you even trying to say? You're calling the pic in the OP "not the true Dracula" and then blame "guy in a cape" on Americans while the pic in the OP is British.

Different user, but I think he is trying to say that we made our Vampire(Lugosi) wear a cape to be scary, whereas Orlok came off more creepy without one. user thinks it's silly that our filmmakers wanted a cape to be worn by a horror character.

A nice piece of writing I have first read recently.

>vampires have always sort of been about giving into sexual taboos, rape fetishism, giving into base desires

It doesn't have to be like this though. We have forgotten how ancient people thought about the world and we need to go back

Magic used to be something else.

these guys are good modern vampires