What does Sup Forums think of this movie?

What does Sup Forums think of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/karate-kid-sequel-series-youtube-red-ralph-macchio-william-zabka-1202515772/
youtu.be/9Bd67B8tMQo
youtube.com/watch?v=G6f0w5BRasw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i preferred the blackwashed remake

>Autists fucks with some random German kids stuff while he has argument with gf
>Is somehow not the bad gay
Sneks did nothing wrong,

I grew up with them so I enjoy them but I also have nostalgia goggles. The one with the chick was cringe and I never watched the one with the nigger.

I beat the NES game dozens of times and also enjoyed the angry nerd episode about it but the game wasn't as hard as he said but it is just as bad, but that's just an aside.

It's the best.

Around.

I don't know if the sequel or the remake are worse

Why didn't Miyagi-sensei ever call him Daniel-kun?

>guy moves to new town and girl is all up on his dick immediately
>girls beta orbiter gets mad and attacks him with his friends close at hand
>new kid learns to fight while fucking the girl in the meantime
>kicks orbiters ass so hard the orbiter is practically sucking his dick at the end

Daniel was the protochad

It's a bad movie and a bad martial arts movie.There are some good lessons and fun training sequences with Miyagi but I've always felt like this movie didn't earn the place in popular culture it has. It's a movie people like to quote but I don't know anyone that goes "oh, yeah, Karate Kid, love that movie, own it on Blu-Ray, let's totally watch it". I guess it's because this one has a kid which was a more relatable fantasy for kids at the time as opposed to Bloodsport or Kickboxer or whatever.

Also the MC could enunciate English properly unlike Bloodsport or Kickboxer

Because he's not an autistic weeb.

Karate kid 5 > all

How 'bout this: You shut your mouth -- or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you.

Did I give you permission to reply to me? No? That's what I thought. You have no... idea... the power I... possess.....

There isn't a single accurate martial arts movie in existence except for maybe some parts of Vision Quest. Karate Kid is excellent as a simple morality tale/teen drama.

>we will never get accurately adapted martial arts kino

variety.com/2017/tv/news/karate-kid-sequel-series-youtube-red-ralph-macchio-william-zabka-1202515772/

I didn't say anything about accuracy. And no, it's just plain a bad movie even by 80s teen movie standards. Daniel is an unlikeable whiner and the main lesson he learns is "I can beat people up and be a winner."

Underrated post

The kid was pretty cute.

Movies sucked.

second one is kino

Another way to put it is this: what did Daniel have to learn or overcome to succeed in the end? He didn't have to learn to face his fears and confront the bullies or ask out the girl. He was on it from scene one. He puts in hard physical work, but doesn't change anything about his perspective despite Miyagi's teachings. Even in the tournament it's Miyagi's magic healing powers that bring him back to the mat, not Daniel's refusal to give up.

Contrast with Rocky which despite being famous for a training montage mostly consists of scenes about human relationships and Rocky trying to convince himself that's he's not a piece of shit worthless loser.

This seems REALLY insightful. Can't tell whether it is or not because I haven't seen The Karate Kid in years and will never rewatch it. I do like rewatching Rocky, though, so I'm inclined to believe this analysis.

That kick is hilarious

but I fell for it and believed it was legit

It was secretly promoted by Asians
They want people to love Miyagi while Daniel is a prop

I really didn't appreciate the scene where Miyagi was getting drunk on saki and getting choked up about his days in the war before he was sent over to the US during Operation Paperclip. At least when I was a kid. It made for some dark undertones for the sequels.

Great film. Nice coming of age tale with some likable characters and an awesome theme.
youtu.be/9Bd67B8tMQo

The Cobra Kai logo was pretty cool looking.

Dude
Being 10 years old watching that movie
It was real!

>you know realize he was 23 when they made the first one
Did he eat babies?

> ref says no high kicks
> kicks the other guy in the head
> wins tournament

Oh fuck. Johnny was actually 4 years younger than him.

Also, Lamar the black homo from revenge of the nerds was in this movie.

The remake is unironically better

youtube.com/watch?v=G6f0w5BRasw

I did rewatched the first three movies following HBO Asia rerun actually.

It was early Morning So much feels back and forth childhood and adulthood.

it really isn't
too long and lacks the charm

Its shit. Gives the false idea that being the nice guy will ultimately pay off and that brains is better than brawn. Wrong. In reality that chad faggot would have smashed him and fucked his gf.

>called Karate Kid
>learns Chinese Martial Art

What I want to know is, why did Daniel bully those poor kids at that other martial arts school? They were just trying to learn the martial arts in peace.

Trivia: The tournament song was actually written for Rocky III, but got sidelined for that other song.

Why didn't they call it Kungfu kid?

They want that old brand name besides Chinese don't care about the English title

Daniel was beta. Lmao at when he gets cucked in one of the sequels.

>mfw he gets cucked just so that there could be a new romantic plot point in the movie
>mfw no face

The ignorance and pretentiousness in this post makes my head implode

Holy shit I totally see that now

>sequel show should be about Daniel and Johnny, now best buds yet still with some foil viewpoints, banding together to defeat Cyborg Kreese, who is now the head of a new evil Dojo, named Cyber Kai Death Snakes Karate

>It's not

Dropped

by 'charm' you mean 'nostalgia'

The ignorance and pretentiousness in this post makes my head implode

reminder that pat morita was oscar nominated for his role, and mr. miyagi has a great, well acted tragic backstory that most people ignore

>Another way to put it is this: what did Daniel have to learn or overcome to succeed in the end?

>Even in the tournament it's Miyagi's magic healing powers that bring him back to the mat, not Daniel's refusal to give up.

That's because the real center of the story isn't Daniel but Mr. Miyagi. Notice how he was even the teacher for the chick in part 3 and the others besides Daniel.

>"I'm foreclosing on your mother's house, Laruso"

He also played a great asshole in Just One of The Guys & Back to School. Probably did others as well but he was always good at playing the chad jock jerkass.

>"No EX-degenerate, man. Tomorrow I'm gonna be a senior, and I have one year to make it all work. And that's what I'm gonna do: make it work."

He just wanted to move on from the bullshit, and that little faggot from Receda kept pulling him back in.

whenever Karate Kid comes up, I mention that I love it and let's totally watch it. It's one of my ten favorite 80s movies.

>guy from Jersey
>brains

Why even post if you haven't seen the movie?

I understand how Asian Americans have their history But as an Asian Asian watching his story gives me feels

Do you really have to be a GI that saved the local community and do you really need Hawaii for Okinawa? Perhaps you should set your second movie in Hawaii instead of in Okinawa??

also European Vacation, as fugly Audrey's boyfriend who fucks her friend while she's in Europe

Remember these lines after he got the phone bill between Audrey & her boyfriend Jack

> Oh honey, you're father didn't really mean it.
>YES HE DID
> No he didn't mean it. He's not gonna cut Jack's balls off.
> shot of Clark grinning at the fantasy

I remember alot of kids dressing up like that for Halloween after that came out. I'm sure some dressed as Daniel-san as well but I remember the skeleton costumes being popular that year.

>Just One of The Guys
my fucking nigga

The greatest pair of tits I ever saw on screen for a LONG LONG time.

now for the payoff

Danny literally gets cucked sequel

Garbage, and the main character was a cunt.

>You know, the classics. Like The Karate Kid and Harold and Maude.

He probably would have won it most years, but the academy had no choice but to give it to that guy who IRL survived the killing fields and then played himself in the role.

Daniel san

Catch fly with toothpick

Karate Kino.

Youtube Red is bring this back as a mini series where Johnny re-opens the Cobra Kai Dojo.

Isn't that illegal contact to the face?

that fighting position, "the crane", was the directors attempt at a homage to how white people make fun of asians with the fingers pulling your eyes sideways thing
that "crane" stance is supposed to look like to chinky eyes and the leg buck teeth
the true crane kung fu technique looks nothing like that

some lost trivia for newer generations to know

>I don't know if the sequel or the remake are worse
Probably the sequel. The remake was pretty bumpy too obviously (and mini-WillSmith would never be able to get an acting job without nepotism) but at least it had the good sense to re-use some of the better ideas from the first script. And I'm always happy to see ol' Jackie Chan getting roles. He's a good dude.

>There isn't a single accurate martial arts movie in existence
That... seems unlikely. Given the staggering number of martial arts movies that have been made (probably in the range of hundreds per year through the 70's and 80's), I feel like at least one would have to be accurate, even if just by accident. Infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters, and all that.

>Receda

That's fair. If he learned anything, it would be simple discipline. But even that isn't really emphasized. A closer comparison is probably Rocky IV, where he doesn't really learn or grow in any way, he just trains real hard and gets an injection of patriotism.

Of course, the Rocky thing is a bit of a strawman - only /tv could produce someone contrarian enough to argue that Karate Kid is a better movie than Rocky.

I love how the movie ends with a Miyagi nod and smile

He was so hot back then

>bullied kid who never overcame his bullies detected

Easy to spot the underage posters in this thread.
>Karate Kid sucks man
>why didn't he just go on YouTube to learn Karate
Fucking the underage posters will never underst this film, or women for that matter.

Daniel was the real villain

the feels

He just fucking walked into that. There's only one possible way he could have been hit and he just took it on the chin

Always liked part 2 more

hesitation

In terms of martial arts techniques, its bullshit
>Mr Miyagi, Zakaka and Daniels actors didn't do Karate at it shows
>The techniques are crap

BUT as a film about doing martial arts, its kinda close really. That feeling when you walk into a new Dojo, the bullshit competition between styles.

And you don't actually do the "Wax on, wax off" shit, except in jest for the little ones, but repetitive muscle memory exercises are really useful, especially with beginners.

Lastly; the one you can laugh at the most, its about as close to a "good morality tale" for martial arts as you can get. Yes "The Raid" is a much better movie, but I wouldn't let an eight year old watch that

>Also I've attended training courses with people just like Kreese. He's the most accurate part of the whole damn film

Its a zero to hero film; martial arts is just the means or backdrop.

Its the same with Rocky. Going the distance.

I agree with this.

In terms of actual training, the Cobra Kai dojo did a better job at representing the actual training regime that you go through when studying karate.

I still wish schools did full contact sparring today.

Copyright issues. Believe it or not Kung-Fu panda orginally held the rights to the name.

As a young boy, it literally hadn't dawned on me how interesting girls bodies differed from mine until i saw this scene, with in a chemical instant my body and mind simultainiously went "hey. That's really nice how... big. She is."

someone better post a webm instead of that tiny gif

How badly do you think Johnny would've fucked up Daniel if he hit him with that kick? He definitely would've broken his nose.

>I still wish schools did full contact sparring today.

See I disagree with this, the old boys are all like
>"Back in the 70s martial arts were real, we used to break bars over each other's heads and then run on nails... and that was for our warmup"

And they're all broken, bad knees, bad hips, misshapen hands... and their techniques are really bad to boot. the modern scene is much more scientific and the quality of fighters is much higher.

Now the bit I do sometimes think would be nice to get back; challenge matches. There is a bit of bullshit in the stories, but fights between Dojos were a genuine way of separating the bad classes from the good ones. Visiting a Dojo in force and showing the instructor up was genuinely done.

Now you get shit like "Stealth Elite Blackbelt Academy, $10 a lesson, $15 a belt, we'll get you to Blackbelt in a year and you can open your own franchise"

Hey now user, thats not for now, just for back then i find it suprising thst they picked such a distractingly thick kid to play her to be honest. It was all i noticed as even a prepubecent child whenever she came on screen.

BJJ in this was on point, however it was a personal drama about honor and sacrifice, and drama took precedence over the fight scenes, so of course plebs thought it was boring.

>Tim Allen

He plays a washed up actor and is in it for like 3 minutes. So basically he plays himself.

I want a webm, NOW