/CTG/ Channel-tans General

National TV Dinner Day Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/digital/news/viacom-canvs-emotional-social-media-ads-1201687790/
pastebin.com/9g4WE5hk
yuki.la/co/84369321
youtu.be/lqlhCMiQb3k
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1323
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1305
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ordinal number for board-tan interaction. I actually sort of like the janky anatomy here.

By the way, what's with all the Phil Collins?

Welcome to /CTG/!

>what's with all the Phil Collins?

Didn't you know Deida? he's back

At the US Open though?

Is this some sort of joke?

Requesting G4 going nuclear

Meanwhile in the secret volcano base...

variety.com/2016/digital/news/viacom-canvs-emotional-social-media-ads-1201687790/

>It's a "Father tries to be relevant by trying to understand emotion on the internet and hijinks ensue", episode.

Seriously, it makes sense, but dear lord this is the type of things that brings ads to life. We've already been warned by South Park over this.

Sequel: by angeliccmadness

good morning /ctg/

Mornin /ctg/

I spent the some freetime I had during the week finding old Greentexts from past threads I haven't gotten them all, but I will get more by next week

pastebin.com/9g4WE5hk

It's not organized in anyway yet, but me and the guy who runs the regular Pastebin are looking into how to do organize them, if you have an Idea just let me know

It felt so weird to goo back into the old threads and find all of art and things that I missed. I even found the point where I got my name F.A.G. user. good times. Good times

So much blue and boobs, nice

I like that. I appreciate that.
Good work F.A.G

The kind of pastebin within pastebin thing we have going in the OP seems to work somewhat fine. If you could incorporate that kind of organization with all the stuff you've collected that'd be cool. Also I'm sure its not exclusively done on the loud booru but you could use the forum system to put stories and info on the booru.

for god's sake, why they have to act as a company run by a supervillain

Looks good man. You're doing some fine work in keeping our archives up to date.

As for the organizing, it seems to be ok. If you really want them to be organized, just put a solid line between the separate greentext stories.

>act
There is no acting, it is run by a supervillain.

according to this t.o.m has a robodong and thats disturbing

Nick GaS vs OSM when?

>Vi: "Honey, do you want to rethink the name of this? The acronym is a double entendre."
>Nick: "No dad, it's fine."
>Vi: "Ok, this is your decision, not mine."
>Nick: "Besides, what's a double entranda?"
>Vi: "...I'm helping you with your homework in the evenings."

i'm sure that'll die soon but in the meantime he is the closest thing to a villain of comic book in our reality

Definitely, in our reality, he's an old man. But in the Channel Tan verse, his lifeforce is augmented by Viacom's own demonic/eldritch blood.

She reminds me of Madeline, by the way that filename is strange

requesting the secret origin of the splat

>Channel-tans General

Fuck off.

that's actually who i based weta kids on

i think Splat was Viacoms creation because Nick kept losing her pets or killing them

That's what happens when you leave a slime sandwich in the microwave for a week

We already have one for it. Viacom made the creature by pulling it out of a portal.

Unfortunately, Desuarchive is kaput. But, yuki.la/co/84369321 is pretty good. Just type in the old thread No. like so, and you have the thread.

well trips confirm but i wanted a draw of that moment

>Desuarchive is kaput

>Entire database is corrupt. Check out other archives in the meantime. Sorry.

>in the meantime

I hope it's temporary.

South Park is how Comedy Central reveals the truth but nobody believes her because she's a comedian

Yuki.la is much better than Desu but they don't have a search bar

Poor CC-Tan, she knows the real truth behind everything but her tales are only seen as comedy by nearly everybody, except for a few.

Sumner lets her get away with it because of this.

YAAAAAAGH
MOTHER OF PEARL
FIRE ON THE POOPDECK

thanks

weekend of the Foxxy

Can I request /u/-tan telling CN-tan to keep adding lesbians to cartoons?

>U: Come on CN! Don't you wana be cool!

>CN:Y-yeah...B-but I

>U: CN Gays are all the rage these days! If you want to get cool with the teens you'll keep adding gay characters!

>CN:I-...I guess a few more couldn't hurt..

>U: THATS THE SPIRIT!

Ironically, right now there is a Simpsons marathon on Fox HD

wat

/u/ has been a pair of girls for the longest time.

It's really unclear

/u/ is two girls, Lily and Shizuka. They're schoolgirls. They have the ability to merge/fuse into the woman in your picture.

Lily and Shizuka is logical because two girls.

Just like Mysterion, she's cursed
youtu.be/lqlhCMiQb3k

I dont know, /u/ prefers to adress Shizuka and Lily and Yuu as separate entities

I took Jam's last drawing from last week and tried to color it. TV Guide Tan is relativity new for us

Oh never mind, I checked the conservatory wiki and the pic and explanation are both there. No reason why she couldn't be separate as another facet of /u/ either.

Now I realize that /y/ should be, or could use, two boys too but I'm getting off topic.

Good morning, and happy Saturday /CTG/. Yesterday was Kids WB's birthday! For she's a jolly good fellow and all that.

I dad a bit of an odd week, so I may be a little slow today. Gotta work on stuff I couldn't get to during the week due to said oddness. As far as /CTG/ is concerned, I wanna try and get the Disney ref done this weekend, but I also have some personal things to try and finish. Between working on those things though, I plan on doing some doodles with the original 3 channel-tans for today. I have some ideas of my own I wanna do, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to throw them at me.

As an aside, are there any old sketches I've done that y'all would like to see inked and colored? During the week, I often find that I get a better warmup from completing a picture than from starting one, so what better pictures to finish than some /CTG/ doodles?

Anyway, I'll be back in a wee bit. Y'all stay chill!

What's with the board-tan talk? I don't mind, just curious.

We need a Yahoo View / Video / Screen-tan. A girl who tries to compete with Netflix and Hulu, but due to her incompetence, is forced to reinvent herself again and again... Only to find herself failing once more before becoming Hulu's lacky.

Plus, she's literally Tumblr's cousin, so imagine the hijinks they get into together! (Or not, as cousins or not, Tumblr probably doesn't even know she exists.)

Hey, nice job F.A.G.! Ya done good.

They don't have a way for users to contact them either. The site might just go poof anytime and there's nothing we can do.

Nick (the real Nick) has no problem with toilet humor

good morning Jam

Hey welcome Jam, I see you're asking for suggestions, how about this sketch?

channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1323

/u/ got brought up with talk about U trying to convince CN to get more lesbians in cartoons

Best of Luck today Jam

Thank you!

Morning Jammy Boy, I've a suggestion for a sketch but isn't easy, adult Channel-tans. Something like what you did with Canal J a couple of threads ago, but with the main three.

Can't wait for the Dabble.

didn't notice that "help" in the orignal sketch
good job dude you're improving a lot

>Disney
>breasts

Just found out that Disney co-owns the History Channel.

Well we have HBO and Discovery and such, why not History too, but then they don't really show Sup Forums stuff except for Stan Lee's Superhumans.

I'll probably bring this up in the board-tan thread but it would be fun to see /his/ and History-tan together, but then the /his/ board doesn't really care for tan stuff.

Shit taste faggot.

And Channel tans can change their age at will or based on how they are feeling, so you can have both DC and DCT on fanart, like we Don with CN all the time

Overwatch time

Mr TB can we get some Qubo at Nigh vs Teletoon at Night? there can be only one

YOU CANT HAVE MONEY AND TITS

I thought that was gonna be her thing now, to couter CNs giant ass? Or was that just for the reverse world thing?

Breasts are for viacoms.

>are there any old sketches I've done that y'all would like to see inked and colored?

channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1305

iirc you alreayd did a lineart, right? but i like it

I want to see Fox Kids, Kids WB, Cartoon Network, & Toonami trained in martial arts under Batman.

That picture did always feel a little incomplete to me. I have some ideas for it, so you can probably expect a finished version of it next weekend, yeah.

So, more mature and developed then? I could see about it. If I don't get to it today, that can be something for tomorrow.

I actually didn't! I just refined the sketch (which is that one you linked!). But that'd be a really fun one to finish, definitely. I could have a lot of fun with the water and fish.

Yeah exactly Jammy Boy, just like [as] or Teena, it would be cool but take your time, thanks by the way.

Requesting the bottom comic with Disney-tan, if it's possible change the text in the first panel to "I made my fortune in the seas of sitcoms, in the mines of sequels and in the Mickey Mouse shorts"

i can't think of anything right now, give meh some ideas
Plus i'm playing overwatch

Soon Jr, soon

I see nothing wrong here.

a hot dog eating contest but with pot brownies

"a pair of boobs to surpass nickmom"

Euw is that you?

AND JUST WHAT IS GOING ON HERE T.O.M?!

Oh, hi there, I was kinda busy today, but I came back with some art coming soon.

It's saturday, so more OSM for everyone.

Cute, Jam!

Hey Perla, welcome back!

>Yesterday was Kids WB's birthday!

No one remembers Kids WB, I blame 4kids

>brownies

gross

Let me have this SARA

Another Tans birthday falls on the day before we have these threads. That's two in a row

thanks familia

they got the brownies from pbs

Morning gang. I like to request this image but with Fox and FXX

I guess that's why Comedy Central is a mess, they have good shows but also a lot of shit

>both died from overdoses on the same day

sorry f.am, misread your post

>No Zoog Disney-tan
> No Saturday Video Entertainment System-tan
>No Fox Family-tan

And you call yourselves autists...

Oh shit it needs to get updated again

We need

>Machinima

and

>TV Guide

as well as whoever updates the Newground Design

Maybe you are the only autist here.

The Splat is made of leftovers... brillaint

Fox Family tan is just ABC Family/Freeform tan.

/y/ lacks a rule that all pics must contain at least two men.
/u/ has a rule where all pics must contain at least two girls.

So are we going to add a Channel-tans page to the-conservatory wiki?

Are those the two Sup Forums-tans?