Will we ever get politics out of entertainment? Or is this a permanent thing?

Will we ever get politics out of entertainment? Or is this a permanent thing?

It's permanent. Media is too good of a propaganda tool. You need to be a niche medium like anime to get politics out.

Social media allows you to seek out opinions that trigger you and pretend they're oppressing you, nothing has actually changed. It's alarming how many people are stupid enough to not realize this.

Don't you think a majority of people are getting sick of it? Spiderman and Rogue One under-performed big-time, if we hurt their bottom-line enough they will stop.

Politics have always been part of entertainment, it just used to be more subtle since you didn't have twitter and 24h infotainment cycle. Cold War era entertainment was all about Russians and Communism. WW2 era was about smacking Nazis and the Japanese. Lacking a clear external enemy, that adversarial drive has turned inward towards our own culture.

I've seen only a handful of GOT episodes but there are many Black people in that show.

We put an entertainer into the White House.

It sort of goes hand-in-hand, unfortunately.

>literally illegal to "misgender" in NY
>universities overtly give the middle finger to asians so they can accept more blacks
>cuck countries like the uk and leafland already banning badthink
yes nothing has changed you're just overreacting to things you see on the internet, goy

Unfortunately, no. It's going to get much worse. That's why you've got a literally who thinking anyone gives a fuck what he says because he was in star wars. He'll realize in a few years that the new cast isn't going to command even a fraction of the same respect and love the original cast gets, since Disney will crank these fuckers out so quickly the actors will be mostly forgotten within a year or two of release.

But Americans chose Trump because of his policies, not because he was an entertainer.

>it just used to be more subtle
it really didn't
it absolutely was not more subtle

when was politics ever separate from entertainment?

>Don't you think a majority of people are getting sick of it?
that could also be propaganda: saturate media with sjw nonsense, people eventually get sick of it and it will be forced back to hell. Dark tower seemed like a push in that direction

Eh, I'd argue his showmanship was a big part of his appeal.

i wonder what people of his ethnicity think of white man's magic.

Forgetting Reagan

>"Get politics out of entertainment!"
>"THIS SHOW HAS A BLACK GUY IN IT?!?! THIS IS GENOCIDE EVERYBODY BOYCOTT REEEEE"

it always comes back to DRUMPF!!!!

But the person being responded said they wanted entertainers and politics separated.

There's no reason entertainers shouldn't be allowed to talk about politics. The problem is that people/media put too much stock into what they say, when their opinions are no better/worse than any other citizen. Getting mad about them having opinions is retarded.

Now, when they go off the rails in a award show, I can sort of see it being annoying, since it has nothing to do with the awards show.

OP wants to feel like a victim, which is why he places so much stock in the opinion of a random actor or blog writer.

I really don't want Deadpool 2 to underperform but that nigger afro hair Domino is a fucking insult.

>"When will entertainers and politics stop being associated?"
>Bring up entertainer that was voted into politics
>"OMG DRUMPF! TWO SCOOPS! DON'T EVEN REFERENCE HIM!"

You need to aim that anger at the right people, bud.

the politics isn't the problem. the problem is that the statements being made are retarded. statements such as black people can into aircraft

>Now, when they go off the rails in a award show, I can sort of see it being annoying
that doesn't matter one way or another, no one gives a fuck about an award show, the problem is all social engineering bullshit aimed at our kids/teens

propaganda aimed at kids is perverse

Fair. I sort of meant that there weren't members of the cast blaring it out on megaphones but maybe they were and I wasn't paying attention.