Could he have broken into more serious roles? It's been 20 years since his death...

Could he have broken into more serious roles? It's been 20 years since his death, could he have become a John Goodman type A lister? What could have been if he didn't die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zYT5hQR4Q4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No he'd just be where Kevin Smith is at right now since Sandler wouldn't need a fat guy replacement.

Kevin James*

>could he
probably
>would he
probably not

>John Goodman
>serious roles
???

Probably not, but I get the feeling David Spade would be a lot more accomplished. Also wasn't Farley going to do the Shrek voice?

Not likely. He'd always just be "that funny fat guy"

cloverfield lane was some of his best work, he stole the show

>john goodman
>a lister
Kek he was such shit in that 10cloverpleb lane and in kong skull island

Wouldn't have happened unless he found god or something, too self destructive.

Back to redred god damn

If Adam Sandler could break out of being typecasted as a lazy dumb, clumsy rageaholic, then so could Chris Farley. In fact, in their comedic movies Chris Farley is much more lovable and easier to take seriously than Adam Sandler was because overall he was a better actor.

All he really needed to do was lose some weight and reinvent himself as more of an everyman character actor. Land a show where he was just a average dumb fat guy with a hot wife and he'd be set.

>JJ Abrams
>good

looks like hugh jackman

At worst, he could land himself in some romantic comedy movies.

Might have a better chance if he loses the weight.

I was going to post something like this. I can think of a few roles, comedy and otherwise, that might have gone his way.

Yeah if you look on YouTube there are some test scenes that have Farley's voice. Its pretty sad. Shrek would have taken him to the next level and he may have gotten clean.

Shrek would have been better since he would have been a white American and not a green scottish nigger

>ogres
>American
What the fuck?

>implying tommy boy wasn't a serious role

umm wtf is this shopped

This

There were glimmers in it of how he could actually approach dramatic roles

the accent

He wanted to be Belushi. If he hadn't died then, he would have kept going until he managed it. He'd have done one Shrek movie, maybe, before succeeding. In other words, if Farley was alive today, he'd be dead.

He's been playing serious roles for years.

Ogres are European, it would be dumb for one to have an American accent.

Michael Myers is a Leaf.

his role in Dirty Work shows his wide range
from anger to love to sorrow to depression to happiness to indifference

youtube.com/watch?v=9zYT5hQR4Q4

Oh, with that design it would have done less well.

I think this is a case a bit like when people say "what would it have been like if Oliver Reed HAD played 007?", and the answer is "probably terrible, which is why they didn't get him".