Poles, explain yourself

Poles, explain yourself.

You had an Orthodox church, a masterpiece in your capital Warsaw. But you've demolished it. Also, you've demolished a lot of Orthodox Churches, not only this one. Why? It was at 20s, so you didn't have an atheist anti-religious government.

Do you even know there was a brilliant Orthodox Church in Warsaw? If I visit your capital now, would I find even one Orthodox church?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification#Poland_and_Lithuania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Liberty
youtube.com/watch?v=ozhaXCRQYos
youtube.com/watch?v=LB2rWJbWaRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here it is, one more photo. It's Warsaw.

Looks great. But no longer exists.

same reason why we are demolishing red army monuments

What reason? Hatred of everything Russian? I remind you that not only russians are Orthodox.

because Catholics hate Orthodox Christians, duh

>Hatred of everything Russian?
yep
>I remind you that not only Russians are Orthodox.
but we also hate everything orthodox because we are Catholics

It was very stupid to do so I can only tell u that. It was supposed to be a symbol of independence I guess

Russia confirmd for invadibg poland!

Send the nukes and gas them all.

I know that. But wat's the problem with churches. As I read, about 20 churches only in Warsaw were destroyed. Even in USSR atheist time where thousands of churches in Russia were destroyed, we didn't destroy our largest catholic church.

Because of degenerate shit like this.

Because the orthodox schismatics do not recognize the primacy of the Bishop of Rome, your "churches" are de facto nothing more than imperialistic extensions of your local governments and thus have no more right of existence than a statue of Stalin in the middle of Berlin.

Simpel power strugel.

You cant have multipel religions figthing over converts and belivers and simultaniusly influencing the goverment.

No no.

Who cares about some dusty old churches?

it was quite beautiful

well, bad decision.
all it takes is one ideologically motivated govt to fuck up centuries and in some cases millenia of cultural heritage

there is no reason in butthurt

fuck you and your chief pedo in Rome

It was a shock for me. I've never knew about that story, discovered only today while reading about buildings of XVIII-XX centuries.

I have nothing against modern Poland in general, though.

Like the soviets, right?
Nothing of value was lost. Clensing every remnant of russian and more importantly soviet influence is a good thing.

>You had an Orthodox church, a masterpiece in your capital Warsaw.
And thank God it was taken down.

>why the fug would you destroy 20 churches?
> destroys thausands
>buthurt

There still are Orthodox churches in Poland. But since the majority are cucktholics, there's not much demand or support for them.

Don't mix Soviet with Russian. Those are two different things. Russian Empire was based Christian force, Soviet one was murderous atheistic criminal regime.

There were hardly any orthodox christians in Warsaw. Temple itself was built for some elite unit of army. There were problems with organization of money for it conservation, and it started to cruble. For some time evalengical church used it, but eventually it was razed.

They would've been BTFO'd during WWII anyway.

>But you've demolished it.
But don't worry, the materials didn't go to waste. ;)

That's barbarianism.

>But you've demolished it
Most of Warsaw was given a rapid unscheduled dissasembly by German aerial engineers.

>Also, you've demolished a lot of Orthodox Churches,
Not really, more like reverted them back to being Catholic churches; like before the partitions.

I know that. But you've rebuilt the whole city and now it looks quite nice.

>Why?
Because we used to have dignity and self-respect?

boo hoo Poles are catholic

Why so much hatred?

Are you a Swede? Or polish "patriot" not even living in his own country?

>t was at 20s, so you didn't have an atheist anti-religious government.
But we had a sovereign and independent Polish government, finally.

>all it takes is one ideologically motivated govt to fuck up centuries and in some cases millenia of cultural heritage
Alexander nevski temple was built in 1912, razed in 1924-26.

just a question, why do you think real Ukrainians (not Catholics/Jews) hate Poles so much?

At least Poles have Catholic morality in public life. Where I am my university is celebrating "LGBT Pride Week". If I protest it I will be kicked out or disciplined.

>Do you even know there was a brilliant Orthodox Church in Warsaw?
Yes, it's not a secret.

read .

>If I visit your capital now, would I find even one Orthodox church?
Yes.

It was a masterpiece built by famous Russian architect.

Here's another Church built by him. It's located in Germany. And Germans didn't destroy it. They still care about it, the Curch is in brillian conditions.

Ukrainians had a real conflict with them involving deaths of thousands of people, many of them innocent.

I'm confused. An Orthodox church in a mainly Jewish city?

russian czar invades europe
czar is kill
soviets : no we da gud guys
soviets invade europe
sovier union colapses
Russian federation : no we da gud guys
starts invading places

its hard to see the diference

Warsaw was the capital of the Polish region in Russian Empire. Many Orthodox people lived there. Yes, the Jewish presence was also huge, as in any big city in Western part of Russia past the "osedlost" line.

Stay mad, slave.

exactly, because Poles treated them like shit most of the time, even though they ignore this now because Poland is ''the Jesus of nations'' and wonder what happened
asking why Catholics destroy Orthodox churches is naive as fuck, considering historical Catholic stances towards Orthodox Christianity
if you think Poles are your ''brothers'', you're in for a nasty surprise
Serbs learned the hard way how much brotherly love do Catholics have for us, pic related

> russian czar invades europe

What? Did you ever read history of XVII-XIX centuries? Every European country participated in wars, many countries invaded other countries and took their territories. Great Britian, Prussia, France -- they all did that. France attacked us, for example. That was a normal thing to be at war with someone at that time.

Because it was built in 1912 on an important square of Warsaw as a symbol of Russian domination over Poland. Most Varsiovians didn't want it and thus the majority voted to take it down when Poland regained its independence. I bet most Muscovites wouldn't like having a large Catholic basillica built on their Red Square today either.

nah

I feel sad when churches get destroyed, why cant you people just unite & destroy mosques instead?

this isn't real pope

So there's that Moskal.

When a allegedly catholic Pole is arrested for using his smartphone in an orthodox church, you all cheer.

>but why can't we have a church in your country? we dindu nothing.

>I feel sad when churches get destroyed, why cant you people just unite & destroy mosques instead?

Back in 1920-1930 muslim problem has been mostly resolved. Ottoman empire disassembled, Turkey secular and rest of muslim countries properly colonized

then who is the real Pope

That man isn't real Pole, he's just a russian with polish surname. He's a famous atheist troll (you can google his videos). He wasn't arrested for using smartphone inside Church, because many people do that as tourists, no one cares. He disturbed people there, being an atheistic activist.

yellow man

>Montenegro

>Muslims make up 20% of the total population

Stay mad, slave.

>because Poles treated them like shit most of the tim
Hardly.
Their clay was ours, they completely murdered a whole village in absolutely barbaric way.

let me tell you something, Sasha. Catholic church in Poland is worse than mafia. Don't blame it on us, we're the victims here too

So it's simply an expression of vicious xenophobia, just like your detractors claim? That's your final answer?

Is it true that this viciousness and small-mindedness is just a typical national trait for Poles?

> Muslim make up 25% of Brussels population (see: gatestoneinstitute.org/7677/belgium-jihadists)

Try again, mate.

that's 40's
I'm talking about 17th/18th century
at least they don't blow us up daily

Notice the word alleged in front of my sentence.
Still, it doesn't matter.

What matters is the reaction of the orthodox people who believed it to be true.

*tip*

he was probably the last acceptable pope

with ratzinger being either the actual emperor, or completely irrelevant

Albos make 20% of the population

>tfw their gay ass monument still sits with the elegance of experienced drunkard in the centrum because traitors

help

>bawww
kek what a fag, he can't take a little banter
no one really hates Poles they are just good material for trolling
šiptari su 5%, balije 15%

Brussels is not a country.

>Comparing the demographics of a metropolis to a rural country.

>russian education

Yeah, I'm shocked too, because of what the Russians did to some of our Catholic churches after the partitions.

Just look at this shit. Just awful.

>Is it true that this viciousness and small-mindedness is just a typical national trait for Poles?

no it's an effect of our history and current situation. You can't even imagine what polish butthurt is. We are born in hatred, moulded by it.

Pols are based as fuck and have hot girls

But they are dumb as niggers

I didn't imply it's a country. I just mean you have the most islamic city in Europe inside your country.

>Tfw St. Joun Paul II won't rise from the grave and take back the papacy from the current cucked pope

Destroying churches seems to do more damage than fuck you to russia though.

Thats like going bald and scalping yourself

daemn thats bad

>kek what a fag, he can't take a little banter

Stay mad, slave.

So they're Europe's equivalent of the American South?

it will happen if we strongly believe in it

>what is Sarajevo?

You should seek to elevate yourselves rather than making excuses to wallow in your own filth.

As far as stereotypes go, that seems as accurate as any.

Knew 2 poles and a few families full of polish-americans, higher than usual incidence of both pretty girls and full-bore stupid asshat syndrome both as far as my sample at least.

no, we have no guns. but we're the european bible belt, no doubt about that.

Get guns lol

At least have christian militia armories incase muzzys be muzzys

>You should seek to elevate yourselves rather than making excuses to wallow in your own filth.
and what are we doing now you dumb nigger? you have no idea what Poland was 20 years ago, we went from Ukraine tier country to somewhat European and civilized place despite shitty governments and most retarded privatisation that had ever happened

Holy things are for the holy OP

No hard feelings, but Poland was invaded and subjugated.

These are our lands and we had the right to remove or revert these building to their original state, you would do the same.

It looks like shit, tbphwy. Churches with domes are literally kebab-tier. Fuck your Ahmed-inspired architecture, pic related is how a real Christian church should look.

There's literally nothing wrong with Pope Francis.

Read up about the Russifcation policies during Tzarist Rule and you will understand.

The Orthodox Church was literally a tool used as part of the Tzars efforts to eliminate Polish Culture and Identity

>In 1864, the Polish and Belarusian languages were banned in public places; in the 1880s, Polish was banned in schools and on school grounds and offices of Congress Poland. Research and teaching of the Polish language, history or of Catholicism were forbidden. Illiteracy rose as Poles refused to learn Russian. Students were beaten for resisting Russification.[11] A Polish underground education network was formed, including the famous Flying University. According to Russian estimates, by 1901 one-third of the inhabitants in the Congress Kingdom was involved in clandestine education based on Polish literature.[12]

>The campaign also promoted the Russian Orthodox faith over Catholicism. The measures used included closing down Catholic monasteries, officially banning the building of new churches and giving many of the old ones to the Russian Orthodox church, banning Catholic schools and establishing state schools which taught only the Orthodox religion, requiring Catholic priests to preach only officially approved sermons, requiring that Catholics who married members of the Orthodox church convert, requiring Catholic nobles to pay an additional tax in the amount of 10% of their profits, limiting the amount of land a Catholic peasant could own, and switching from the Gregorian calendar (used by Catholics) to the Julian one (used by members of the Orthodox church).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification#Poland_and_Lithuania

Considering that Imperial Russia tried to genocide them thier response was moderate

>Russian Empire was based Christian force,
Not really. You come from a completely different civilisational circle than us. Your Orthodox church is just an extension of the tsar/government, unlike in the Latin civilisation:
>"Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Liberty

youtube.com/watch?v=ozhaXCRQYos

The distinciton between church and state power, not to be confused with the masonic seperation of church and state.

You want to know what barbarianism is?
youtube.com/watch?v=LB2rWJbWaRQ

> Not really. You come from a completely different civilisational circle than us. Your Orthodox church is just an extension of the tsar/government, unlike in the Latin civilisation:

The Russian model of Church-State relationship was literally copied from the Protestant states by Peter the Great. I don't support that model, but that's how it was.

>I'm talking about 17th/18th century
Polish nobles treated everyone like shit, including Poles who lived and worked on their land. And being so butthurt 200 years later to eradicate entire Polish villages in the most gruesome ways imaginable (ripping the fetus from a pregnant women etc.) can't be justified by anything. Ironically, those victims' ancestors had it probably equally hard as the Ukrainians while the Polish nobility was in charge.

Orthodoxy was being used as a tool of Russian imperialism, Catholic Church was suppressed and robbed of its possessions to the benefit of the Orthodox Church, once Poland regained independence people were pretty fed up with it and decided to remove the remnants of it from the public space.

>An Orthodox church in a mainly Jewish city?
Nice meme. They weren't even a majority, they were a large minority, like 1/4 of the city, but they weren't a majority.