Religion VS nonbelievers

Religion VS nonbelievers

Religion, Explain your reason for "god" other than imaginary stories.

Atheist/Agnostic, Easy to understand why they don't believe in "god" Because there is NO evidence and it's literally meaningless to think about almighty being in the sky.

>Basically religious people just have fate and not real argumentation with facts or anything.

Religious people can you please keep your beliefs to yourself and out of this image-board. Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

northpoint.org/messages/who-needs-god/atheist-2-0/
newadvent.org/summa/1002.htm#article3
youtube.com/watch?v=qhbuKbxJsk8
youtube.com/watch?v=9gk_8mQuerg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21377439
livescience.com/32349-what-causes-goose-bumps.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Choice. I choose to believe rather than not. Plus, Jesus Christ walked this earth.

that's the worst fucking reason i've ever heard. atleast other christians try to back up their faith with some bullshit, still bullshit but atleast they try

my pacts result in quantifiable benefits

Cool story. You're so edgy bro!

>this triggers the swede

Can't have a day without some atheist jumping up and down demanding attention.

You really showed him retard

>Atheist
So, Buddism?

There is no absolute evidence to prove God's existence. But then that is the very definition of faith.
If you were god would you want little robots that do exactly what you are created to do, or would you want independent beings fully aware of the true nature of good and evil?
I suspect the only way to develop the latter is through human experience as we know it.
The fact the natural world is a myriad of perfect harmony of incomprehensible sophistication, and we humans sit outside of that synergy, but with the unique ability of self realisation and creativity, suggests this world was created by design and humans have a special purpose.

>that ass
>not God's gift to man

hahahaha
>christfags 1
>athiestfags 0

also rolling

>the natural world is a myriad of perfect harmony of incomprehensible sophistication

Yes specially when nature decides 'fuck it' and kills 90% of the perfect harmony just because

Really not surprised at the cuck swede's spam in here. Why would sweden understand the bible? They're too busy denying their past to let their women get raped by infidels that Odin would've beheaded and sent to the middle east.

dat ass

Because there's no evidence against it either, and it's more fun to belive then to be a jaded faggot. Plus it has the bonus of an objective morality which makes it easier to agree with people from your own culture/religion.

>Religion, Explain your reason for "god" other than imaginary stories.
Because the universe has to come from somewhere, and if the universe always existed then entropy would have already reached a maximum. Also, if the universe didn't always exist then before then there was nothing(unless you count a mysterious "singularity") and net 0 can not magically, by the Laws of Physics and Mathematics spawn into something(with the value of 1+) unless there is some creating driving force such as God for example. No matter how you look at it, science stops at its singularity and religion stops at its God(s), beyond that. neither can seem to explain how or why we can exist, it almost seems like a paradox that we even can exist, let alone do exist, at all. The only thing that can explain it is a supreme supernatural immaterial spiritual force that could only be described as God or God himself if the two are at all even different.

I believe in God, because everyday when I step outside I see the engineering. Think of it this way what have humans made that cannot be destroyed, or the design is not knocked off something else in nature? I also believe in Jesus because look at how every other loving/peaceful person has been treated throughout history-they get labeled crazy, and then killed only to be revered by society years later.

I believe individuals, animals, reptiles, etc. adapt to whatever environment, but as for evolution no. Why because, if that were the case we would have billions of fossils showing the changes since our planet has a population of roughly 7 billion people currently, and this would especially be the case if evolution occurred gradually. Yet they continue to find plenty of dinosaur, and other prehistoric remains that show adaptation not evolution.

Also, we know the spontaneous generation theory was ruled out so nothing cannot produce something.

Can I get some sauce on that ass?

>objective morality
lol

SLIDE THREAD TO KEEP US ON THE TREADMILL OF ENDLESS ARGUING

This general argument of theism vs atheism will be reworded and posted not only later today but tomorrow and every single day here after

We disagree, get over it

As an atheist I completely understand why some people believe in God, I just can't do it myself and I'd be lying to myself if I said I did.

I honestly think a lot of people on this board are lying when they say they're Christian, seems to me like they are more attracted to the image of being one, fulfilling their own far fetched fantasy of being a heroic crusader fighting Muslims, rather than actually being religious. Fair play to the actual Christians.

That is a nice shitter.

How would one go about proving god exists?
No one religious ever actually explained that to me.

ROlllllll3r

You are so right scientist man european.

We should be as a nation more like europe guys.
Beta, full of faggots, let ourselves be killed and just run like cowards from all problems.

As well as ban guns, and open borders for all!

#ImWithHer

Europe is so strong and viewedas.

Yeah in case your dumbass does not get the joke, your fucking pathetic as an entire continent. Thats why RUSSIA is what we worry about in the USA. nobody ever fucking fears your pathetic ass continent.

You have nothing to live for or DIE for. because "science" Which in 1 thousand years everyone is gonna laugh at your dumbass for having so many things wrong. Just like you do today to people from the past. SHOCKING

most of them are right about the basic principles
they disagree in minor or major details

I was a non-believers. But I guess the Muslims made me religious. I see them raping, molesting their women, breeding like roaches, not allowing peace in the middle east and killing millions of innocents. The only way to eradicate them is to unite non-Muslims. For that, we got to stick to our religion.

holy fuck this post is cancer

>who invented Calculus
>Christians
>who invented genetics
>Christians
>who did literally anything of note in Western civilization post 300 AD
>Christians

please fucking slit your wrists

This is pretty much it:

"God has given us evidence sufficiently clear to convince those with an open heart and mind, but evidence sufficiently vague so as not to compel those whose hearts and minds are closed."

"I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent, and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will."

>who invented genetics
Christians

omfg!!!!LOOOOOOOL

Best shiet of this thread. ROLF

Atheism is a superstition without evidence. Theism has a lot of evidence. Philosophy has hundred thousands different arguments for Gods existence.
Any atheist who claims there is no evidence is just showing off their ignorance. Atheists have no evidence to back up their superstitious beliefs. And atheists have no logical basis for morality.

you can skip the singing. northpoint.org/messages/who-needs-god/atheist-2-0/

>t ignorant subhuman

Who is Mendel ?

Now go back in your basement fedora

Fuck of stupid cunt

Mendel. You fucking retard.

Gregor Mendel was a devout fucking Catholic and friar you fucking mong

plz gud rol

>Literally don't understand their sentence.

So if he invented genetics then who invented his genetics?

Basically genetics existed before humans... LOL religious are so delusional.

Yes, Mendel discovered genetics so what? Btw thanks for the laugh

GIMME THE TOMBOY user

Faggot detected.

Genetics is a scientific branch you fucktard. That's like saying computer science was discovered

Genetic material and biological processes existed before humans, yes, but not the scientific study of these things.

Dank meme, from a dank meme.

>How to make an ass out of yourself in 2 simple posts

Holy fuck, I want that ass in my face

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

>Christians
Yeah, you really can't do much about it when they baptize you a few days after birth. That doesn't mean they were believers.

Except for Mendel maybe.

He revealed himself to me.

Also, Science and Religion are not incompatible

Science is simply the study of the miracles of God
Christianity is, and has always been, the most science & intellectual friendly religion in the world

>muh medieval persecution!
Was political in nature, not anti-science

That was your dad.

>Who invented the University system
>Who invented Genetics
>Who was behind the only reason why we give health care/help the poor

>Atheism is a superstition without evidence.
Atheism is non-belief
Superstition, occultism, pseudoscience, fairy tales, miracles, myths, legends, folklore, fantasy, religion and magical realism are all irrational nonsense.

>Theism has a lot of evidence.
Sure. Millions of gods, millions of religions, millions of miracles and billions of brainless idiot worshipers.

Philosophy has hundred thousands different arguments for Gods existence.
The opposite is true. When people were still being put to death for heresy, blasphemy and apostasy, philosophers had to be very careful what they said to avoid capital punishment from immoral religious leaders.

Now that philosophers are no longer fearful of being hunted down and killed by irrational zealots looking to please their bloodthirsty gods, they can continue their secular work.

>And atheists have no logical basis for morality.
Hammurabi's code is a rational basis for secular morality crafted before the old testament was written.

Genetics is a subject of study, a scientific theory

It's not an object, those are genes

rollsT@r
>implying this isn't just a simulation

>needing a god/ religion to tell you what to do
stay cucked, gents

>Atheism is non-belief

That would be agnosticism. Atheism would be the belief that god does not exist, I don't know why you guys constantly try to conflate the two.

>Science is simply the study of the miracles of God
Science studies natural phenomena
Miracles are supernatural, never taken serious by science

rollign

The Big Bang Theory (or all other theories attempting to explain the origin of our Universe) and all of existence is a miracle.

There is no (physical) reason for anything to exist.

We are literally living miracles

Rollgfhgfhfh

>you really can't do much about it when they baptize you a few days after birth.
You can renounce the Church if you want to. Nothing's there to stop you. You never even have to practice it.

Leaving Islam is a whole different deal though.

Well thank you. Enjoying the Moorish Occupation are we?

Elaborate soccer fuhrer.

roll please

But it was frowned upon in Newton's and Mendel's time.

>flew to mars
Prove it motherfucker. I want hard evidence.

Atheism is non-belief
>That would be agnosticism.
The Greek word theos (theist) literally means "belief in deities".
The word atheist literally means "not theist"

Agnostic takes the position that the existence of gods and deities is not knowable.

>Atheism would be the belief that god does not exist,
What gods? The ones you never proved existed in the first place?

>I don't know why you guys constantly try to conflate the two.
Desperate theists are incapable of seeing the stunning irrationality in their increasingly shrill hysteria.

Fuck Mars

How many bible versus did Newton read to figure out calculus?

Which prayer was it again that discovered DNA?

Not an argument

Whether or not you are religious, or even anti-religious, religion will always be relevant and important. I get along with them more anyways.

Rolling. I would prefer middle-school girls though.
Please either
The Nerd or "Nerd"
The Class Prep
The Career Girl
or
The Dumpy One

I want to ram my truck up that ass if y'know what I'm sayin'.

wut

no we can't now fuck off !
did you know what else was in high numbers in atheist groups ? the highest % of autism concentration , i'm not even kidding 1/3 atheist has autism .

Please i want the Class rep and 5 point to transform her into a slut and a wife
or
The uppity slut and break her, then transform her into a wife.

Looks like I got The "Nerd", and become an SJW. Oh well, almost close enough.

See your own pic, that could be used as proof that there is a God.

Trips plz.

wizardry here i come

It still wasn't a reason to get anyone killed. Maybe during the Inquisition time, but that was a very short time frame compared to the entirety of time Christianism has been relevant.

Maybe, in college you might get one.

This.

There are tons of gods and interpretations thereof. The most common theme is that if you don't believe in it/them, you rot in hell. Regardless of your belief, the likelihood that your god is legit and none of the others are is minuscule, so believing is inherently pointless. Nevermind the fact that there are too many contradictions in every scripture to adhere to any of them. Finally, it is a priori retarded to believe in something without anything even remotely pointing to the likelihood of the thing (not that hard evidence is needed, simply enough "hints", including common-sense ones, to tip the likelihood that a god exists over the likelihood that a god doesn't exist).

>Atheist/Agnostic

Could you imbeciles please stop pretending they're mutually-exclusive?

>the Bible is supposed to give scientific secrets
>the point of a Hail Mary is space exploration
>prayer claims to be a substitute for medicine

I guess whoever made this just assigns roles to things in their life and then gets angry when they don't live up to them.

>my car got me to work better than my computer. Clearly computers are worthless

Greentext Quinque Viae

First Argument – The Unmoved Mover:
>Lots of stuff changes
>All the stuff that changes requires something else to change it
>The stuff that changes the other stuff is itself changed by even more stuff
>Eventually, this cycle has to have a beginning
>Therefore, there much be something that causes change, without being changed itself
>This is what we call God

Second Argument – The First Cause
>Lots of stuff is caused
>Nothing can cause itself, because it would have to exist before itself, which is just silly
>Anything that causes other things, is itself cause by something else
>Eventually, this cycle has to have a beginning
>Therefore, there must be something that is a cause, but is not caused by anything else

Third Argument – Possibility and Necessity (the most difficult, imo)
>Everything in the world can either be, or not be
>Stuff is perishable; it is created and destroyed
>This stuff cannot be eternal, because if it is possible for something to ever not-exist, then it must have not-existed at some time
>If everything *could* not-exist at some point, then given infinite time, there could be a point where nothing existed
>If this were true, then nothing could exist today, because there would be nothing to continue existing
>If, at any point in infinite time, nothing exists, then nothing could have ever existed.
>Therefore nothing now could exist, which is silly.
>Therefore, something must exist. It is logically necessary.
>If something must necessarily exist, then it’s necessity was caused by something else
>Can’t have an infinite cycle, etc.
>Something must have its own necessity, without getting it from something else.
>This is what we call God.

Fourth Argument – Case from Degrees (the simplest, Imo)
>There are degrees of stuff in the world
>Some animals are sick, others healthy (one has more health)
>Some people are ugly, others beautiful (one has more beauty)
>Some circles are lumpy masses drawn by Parkinson’s sufferers, others are well-drawn (one has more correctness)
>To call something “more” or less” suggests a standard outside both which they are measured against – i.e. a perfect circle
>Therefore, there is something which is the maximum standard of all things, by which they are appraised.

Fifth Argument – Design (my favorite, as an engineer)
>Stuff in the world has no mind (rocks, trees, mass, energy, mathematics, logic, etc.)
>They behave universally regularly
>All objects that have mass attract each other (gravity)
>Connected systems share heat until they have the same temperature (thermal equilibrium)
>2+3=5 (arithmetic)
>If A=B, and B=C, then A=C (syllogism)
>Lacking minds, they could not have agreed to behave this way themselves
>It isn’t chance, since it is so predictable and regular
>Therefore, something with a mind set these behaviors up.
>This is what we call God.

Article 3 for those who want to read it properly: newadvent.org/summa/1002.htm#article3
The third argument is difficult to translate. I encourage you to read it for yourself.

90% of all human knowledge came from priests and religious people
google gregory mendel you faggot

>The Big Bang Theory (or all other theories attempting to explain the origin of our Universe) and all of existence is a miracle.

If religious crazies knew anything about the "Big Bang" theory, they'd know it does not explain the origin of the know universe. It only explains the movement of matter and energy in terms of heat of change.

>90% of all human knowledge came from priests and religious people

Of course. The church put heretics and non-believers to death. Until the 1600's the church of England was still putting people to death for blasphemy. Because of murderous religious extremism, I would "claim" to be religious to save my life.

>Because the universe has to come from somewhere
>Yet God does not

Why can't the Universe have all the charactristics of the this God , why those "creation" requires pseudo awareness.

Simply random patterns using small rules can create beauty and even order , they don't require much they just have to have "diffrent shapes' and thats it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qhbuKbxJsk8

youtube.com/watch?v=9gk_8mQuerg

And no i'm not saying that Universe fractal bullshit , i'm saying that a simple function can create amazing things.

As for the universe creation , why can't it create it selfs. Inside our own universe there is something call quantum fluctions that say everywhere matter and anti-matter is create and destoryed. Matter is created everywhere in the universe and destoryed, yet at the big-bang there was a asimetri , an imprefection thus creating more matter or destorying more anti-matter when it happen.

We are just a permutation of elements that had enough time to develop and managed to understand relative concepts such as time and space thats it.

If this God was perfect he would have created a universe which is perfect and perfection cannot exist.

Take to waves put them over each other and voila they cancel each other out.

As for mankind being created there are many things on humans that make us imprefect residual organs and residual relfexes which humans don't need.

How can a prefect beeing with understanding of everything and knowing everything make such a bad design and reusing things from other animals.

Knows everything yet cannot create something unique and perfect.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21377439
livescience.com/32349-what-causes-goose-bumps.html

Plus many of the things we know can observe using complex tools can be easily explained without a God , in the past God was the known and it helped mankind when we were young.

If we are so special , then why aren't we. Being aware is not special

>Leaving Islam is a whole different deal though.
Because it's primitive, murderous and bloodthirsty like all the other Middle East religions?