I don't get why Alison was the bad guy

I don't get why Alison was the bad guy.

I've been watching this thanks to MTV classics, I'm really enjoying it. I missed it's original run, and I'm glad it's back on air.

she was a slut and a hypocrite

>hypocrite

She wasn't at all.

pretty sure she was. i don't remember the details.
wasnt it like.. she tried to get jane to fuck her by convincing her she was a lesbian, then she was fucking some guy to get ahead?

Yep. Degeneracy is always bad.

She said right away was bi, and it was Jane who said she was sleeping her way to the top while Alison said she was just having fun, and Jane had no evidence that she wasn't telling the truth.

is this the episode where Jane goes to some art college?

I don't remember Allison or that episode.

*to show Alison wasn't telling the truth.

it was more of a camp if I remember right

Is It Fall Yet?
It was a TV movie.

>She said right away was bi
that's not how i remember it

The you remember it incorrectly.

Only thing I remmber from that is college life gives blisters.

how dare you?

It's been a while since I saw it but wasn't it because she tried to take advantage of her position as a role model to exploit a teenager questioning their own sexuality and going through a troubled time just to get some ass and hop in the next bed she could find?

yeah, all that post-twenty-twelvey shit was TOTALLY the plot in a 90s movie

no you fucking twat

that's exactly what happened you faggot

>Implying you were even sentient at the time the show first aired.

>implying I'm sentient now

P-zombies where you at

you're really drinking the flavor-ade hard if you buy into that "taking advantage of the influence of an authority figure" nonsense. she was a co-student. and if she WAS a teacher, nobody since the 70s has ever thought of an authority figure as someone with any power over them, rather than someone to rebel against

jane was twice the adult that bitch was. that was the point of the story. she was a fuckton of a lot more sure of her "sexuality"

>someone you admired turning out to be a shitty person is a theme only explored past the year 2012
Good to know.
>authority figure
No one mentioned authority at all. I'm a little concerned that you might be illiterate.

what do you think role model means?
because I've never heard a non-retarded use of the term

Wait wait, are you actually saying that any time someone admires you, trying to fuck them is "taking advantage of them" ? Basically the entirety of courtship that males have been performing on females since the beginning of sex.

>post-twenty-twelvey shit
Jesus Christ, you kids need to get off the internet.

There was a time before you little shits.

Jane wasn't questioning her sexuality until after Alison hit on her, and all Alison did was read into the situation more than Jane did.

She was a villain for being a fraud who was willing to sleep with anyone who could help her career or could use to further her career.

Ten gets you twenty, she probably was scheming to make Jane her underling and make her work as an unpaid assistant by way of making Jane her girlfriend and do all of the grunt work.

Common trait for bisexuals, in that they use sex to control and manipulate and advance their own ambition. At worst, Jane was going to be Alison's slave of a girlfriend and probably mindfucked had they had sex in order to bring her to kneel. At best, Jane would be discarded and left messed up with regards to her sexuality, once Alison realized that Jane had nothing to offer in terms of advancing her career.

>All this projection and baseless speculation.

How pathetic.

Because women also use and manipulate other women into doing things they don't want to do and hurting them and its a serious problem that nobody wants to acknowledge at all

She was a lesbian who tried to coerce Jane into doing something Jane didn't felt comfortable at all at the moment.
Jane may had been a lesbian or not and she tried to take advantage of her confusion at the moment, it's like a gay guy getting his straight friend really drunk and sucking his dick but a bit less rapey
Also the fact that she was fucking the professor meant she was double faced and was pretending to share Jane's believe and integrity all along.
Sometimes aggression and abuse doesn't come from a screaming person, she never tried to be Jane's friend she just wanted to take advantage of her

It's been forever since I've seen this show. Kinda want to go through it and marathon it now.

>Common trait for bisexuals, in that they use sex to control and manipulate and advance their own ambition.
The shit you read on this fucking site. I swear to god.

you may not like user's interpretation, but you can't deny that exploitative relationships are so common they've become a trope in lesbian fiction

Hitting on someone isn't the same as coercing them, having a drink with someone you think you're on a date with isn't taking advantage of someone, and having sex with the professor has nothing to with what Jane believes in, unless all Jane believes in is if someone shows interest in her they should worship the ground she walks on.

That's not true in the slightest, that's just paranoia drum up by homophobes.

No, Alison was completely fake and only cared about getting her way that's the whole point
The made it subtle because lesbians and because they have class but that's the point all along, Alison knew Jane was confused. She knew Jane could get hurt but she didn't care
And that makes her a pretty lousy human being when she spent all that time trying to get close to Jane under the pretense of having some degree of friendship for her.
To Alison it's perfectly ok for the professor to use her in exchange for a grade that ultimately has no objective value and she could have gotten through merit and it also ok to fuck Jane even if fucking Jane may hurt Jane and knowing Jane could be making a big mistake by giving consent

That's the parallel the profesor pretended to value Allison work in exchange for sex and Alison pretended to value Jane in exchange for sex
Jane is smart enough to see it, you aren't apparently

>That's not true in the slightest, that's just paranoia drum up by homophobes.

have you even seen the L-word?

that's just about the only mainstream example. Lesbians are still rare enough that most couples in media tend to be of the token variety, and thus generally positive with most conflicts caused by external factors and as a result are extremely bland.

>that's just about the only mainstream example.

mb in America, but in europe lesbian fiction by lesbians for lesbians has been doing the rounds since the 60s - and they're full of stories of manipulation and expoitation, broken hearted people writing art from their pain

to put it simply, homosexual relationships don't work and homosexuals have been telling us so for years

>I don't get why Alison was the bad guy.

Because she wasn't, idiot.

>asking someone to have sex with makes you a bad guy
Youngfag detected