Now that the dust has settled, what's the consensus on Ozark?

Now that the dust has settled, what's the consensus on Ozark?

Pretty good. Like on of the better seasons of Breaking Bad

I liked noodlehead, hope Bateman gets to bang her
Was surprised at the fucking faggot redneck, he seemed like the most reasonable and least likely to turn- till they revealed the gay

I thought him being gay was alright the way they played it. I mean the agent specifically selected him because of that, it was an actual plot device.

Yeah same, was just surprised is all. Actually looked forward to seeing him eventually work with Batemen, but he ended up with the heroin hillbillies instead

those rednecks are pretty boring villains, I have no idea why they'd replace the mexican with them. They're like True Blood characters.

Boring outside of the first episode. I didn't feel any tension in it.

>Philip never got to hit it
I respect him for it, but damn

They will have tons of mexicans next season, after all Del wasn't the boss of the cartel.

This. The first episode showed so much promise then it turned into a money launderer telling people that they can't use the word retard who could convince career criminals into not killing him because other career criminals are omnipotent and would know who killed him and enact retribution. Stupid plot, no tension, and forced political messaging. Escobar was much much better.

inferior to this in every possible way

I'm at about the halway point of the season. It's pretty good but all of the damn gay buttsex scenes with the detective is are making it difficult to get through it.

I cant binge that shit.

Watched the first episode and it was quality but damn did she hit the wall HARD.

>telling people that they can't use the word retard
He was manipulating that blue lagoon chick
>convince career criminals into not killing him because other career criminals are omnipotent and would know who killed him and enact retribution.
The mexicans were watching him. The rednecks didn't know how much money he was laundering or how important he was. Not killing him was the smart thing to do. The cartel doesn't have to be omnipotent to figure out what happend.
>Stupid plot, no tension, and forced political messaging.
The plot makes sense if you actually pay attention and there is plenty of tension. I agree with the political messaging though.

I'm mixed. I enjoyed watching it. And yet afterwards I kept thinking about how stupid it all was.

Just little shit. Like that kid who bought the fully automatic gun from Walmart. Or the absurd things that keep happening to Marty, one after the other. Oh he tries to get into the titty bar business but that's really a front for redneck poppy farmers, and then he tries to get into a church business but that's really a front for the same redneck poppy farmers. Or how ridiculously incompetent the FBI is and it's just this one guy. Like he can't get into a property of the poppy growers even though they could just fly a plane over their land and see all the fucking poppy farms and bust their entire op any time they want.

Political messaging?

It's fucked up to bully retarded people? Is that what you think is political messaging?

I liked how the guy who killed dell sells heroin just like the character he played in Quarry which was better than Ozark desu.

>I'm mixed.

What does your race have to do with it?

(ba dum tsh)

Pretty bad. I stopped watching halfway the 3rd episode.
The whole premise is retarded, I'm not buying at all how easily Bateman's family accepts he's a cartel accountant. Not to mention it kills any tension whatsoever. The whole thing feels surreal.
The constant "tense" music drives me nuts, it's completly unnecessary.
Frankly speaking, what I've seen seemed like a darker episode of Arrested Development.

I watched the first episode. Are the rest so focused on his boring insufferable kids and wife?

Are you guys me? I watched Ozark and now I am watching Gypsy.

I enjoy both very much

>tfw Netflix actually improved this year

>has an attraction to a younger girl
>starts touching herself as she imagines the girl making out with her boyfriend
WTF WOMAN ARE KEKS TOO?

I liked it. Charlotte is hot