Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die

>Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1qofwW90KPl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Baby's first existentialism

(((Morty)))

Summer's bitching about their parents wanting to abort her is meaningless in comparison to the scale of universal indifference. Sounds edgeworthy, but imho it was a great way to show Morty's growth. Notice how he becomes more and more like Rick as the series goes.

He's telling you to just kill yourself, come on user do it. I'll even kill myself after you do it, and if i get dubs who ever reads this will have to kill themselves.

I dobut Mortys endgame is becoming like Rick
I bet he gets to Rick's level of awareness and instead of giving up he calls Rick on his bullshit and tells him he is using it as an excuse and he would have been miserable anyways if he never got access to the multiverse

He is only wrong in the first part
belonging exists and its important in giving you your identity

To be fair he has seen a shitload of aliens and versions of himself and his family. And seen himself die and then he buried him

He's still dealing with massive psychological trauma, and is using his coping mechanism to help his sister go through her own.

I swear, Sup Forums expects all characters to be emotionally mature examples of how to be. A fourteen year old dealing with existentialism for the first time should sound like exactly that. An alcoholic asshole who does hard drugs should have a life philosophy for a person who does exactly that.

>expects
"Wants" is correct, and why wouldnt you? Nobody wants to hear a teenager being a teenager we were all there is stupid its boring and its cringe.

>belonging exists and its important in giving you your identity

He didn't say that personal feelings of belonging don't exist.

He's saying that nobody is obligated or destined to be born at any given time, place, or under any particular circumstances.

He's looking on the bright side of nihilism as people should instead of being a fucking faggot about it like his weak ass grandpa.

>nobody exists on purpose
Breeding is a biological imperative, we very much exist on purpose.

that he is starting to become like rick in some way, I mean I would have really liked if he showed her his memories so that she can see the world of morty being destroyed by cronenberg and her other self struggling in that world.

>implying causality is random
>implying destiny doesnt exists
>implying free will exists

You didn't decide to be born and even though your parents decided to have A child, they didn't decide to have YOU. And that's if they fucked with the intention of having a child and didn't get pregnant because birth control failed or they just got unlucky.

he's trying to convince summer that sex with an alternate universe sibling isn't incest

he meant summers ass has the adult swim logo in it

Well, the entire show is about confronting the Nihilistic realities of the Universe, so...

i'd fuck summer
she's not my real sister

Why cant I find any torrent of the S2 uncensored
Come the fuck on

>It's real

DUDE, NIHILISM LMAO

Welcome to the wonderful wide world of nihilism. Hope you survive the experience.

What's the joke?

That's my guess too, but first they must have Morty descend into shit just like Rick.

Harmon's been hanging out with Sup Forums, trying to get a sense of how they feel.
Before long pic related will happen and he'll get fired for trying to put redpills into R&M.

I chose to swim into the egg that is also me, which chose to accept myself though.

The Boondocks is the only cartoon that ever tried to redpill anyone.

More eyepatch Morty when?

No you didn't. No aspect of your mind even existed to make that choice.

>Come watch TV?

He's saying that those things aren't important because people delude themselves into thinking they're the most important things. People who feel like they require a purpose to exist rather than the opposite, you don't NEED a purpose to still have the same right of existing as anyone else. Whether you were planned to be born or an accident, you're alive anyway so try to enjoy yourself and do something fun, like TV.

how do you know?

Stupid fuck, you aren't "you" when "you're" only half of what a normal cell should be. The other half of "you" was the egg inside your cow of a mother, which the sperm happened to get to before it tried to fertilize a fucking blood cell or some gonorrhea.

It can be a good thing. Lots of people think that the lack of significant good means there's no reason for themselves to be happy or good. Morty's saying that there doesn't have to be some greater meaning or good, you can still live your life and have some fun anyway. Now go watch some TV Find something you like.

>What did he mean by this?

I wish this faggot meme would die. It's beyond retarded.

Do the egg and sperm have brains that can form thoughts?

Same, especially when people just glue it to fucking everything everywhere. At least this thread was a mildly interesting question.

>I wish this faggot meme would die. It's beyond retarded.

What did he mean by this?

If people used it correctly I wouldn't care. Instead, we have faggots overusing it to be funny like the retarded OP and chuckle-fuck: .

The people using this as a joke remind me of the attached image.

How do you know brains are needed to form thought?

holy shit that's rich

Do most people on Sup Forums actually sound like this?

Having listened to multiple episodes of Harmontown, I feel like Dan is the kind of guy who starts out as one of those semi-liberal, halfway nu-malem, "all politicans are the same, man..." types, goes on Sup Forums initially ironically but starts gradually getting redpilled. The endgame of going on Sup Forums is becoming a post-ironic fascist, no matter what you're thinking when you start.

Has he ever namedropped Sup Forums? I haven't kept up with the podcast for a few months.

>Everyone who's stuck around on Sup Forums has become part of Sup Forums
>Therefore Sup Forums is correct

What the fuck circular logic is this?

He meant that either join their hivemind or move away to saner boards. Staying there while not agreeing with them is a different breed of insanity, like not being a weeabo on /jp/

vocaroo.com/i/s1qofwW90KPl

Why is Justin the biggest piece of faggot shit ever?

>And you have to kill yourself
Is this shit real? I would laugh my ass off if someone tried to quote that line seriously

No, what's boring is perfect characters who never make mistakes. Interesting stories come from people doing or acting wrong and learning and growing from it.

All I know is my entire perspective on reality did a 180 when I found out the entire universe is being pushed/pulled apart and will eventually die. I thought if anything in reality would be eternal, it would be the universe. So no matter what humanity does, we will not last forever. Nothing will. This, in a nutshell, is what I got out of Morty's statement.

Sup Forums is shit at compreending this or even interacting with humans.

You are on the board where people get sad and emotional over Tom and Jerry shitting at each other. Its fucking patethic.

Mature or stable characters can still make plenty of mistakes.
Most people dont grow or learn shit when it comes to life changing shifts of mentality once they are 30 or older, and thats fine, adults are always more interesting characters.
But way harder to write.

You also missed the point, good job.
And whats wrong with getting an emotional response from slapstick cartoons?

>Summer's bitching about their parents wanting to abort her is meaningless in comparison to the scale of universal indifference.

AND she really shouldn't worry about why she's here because it doesn't matter.

Time lasts forever. Everything you did today, yesterday, and the day before is written in stone. Even if in the future all ceases to be, the record of your life is eternal, because time and space are one.

It is a problem when you start treating a cat and mouse beating each other as it was a realistic situation with realistic repercursions, in a way that canon doesn't focus or care.

That's only from a human perspective.

>people doing or acting wrong and learning and growing from it
Screw that. I want people destroying themselves by their own flaws and vices. If Rick and Morty is soooooooo adult, why do they fall in the same old Mandatory Happy Ending crap every other run-in-the-mill cartoon does? Whatever happened to cautonary tales and tragedies?

Dan never changes his views. He gets really pissy and sarcastic and defensive then he kicks himself in the ass and says dumb shit like "maybe people don't have to be right" and then no one in the crowd calls him out on it. He'll always side with the person(s) screaming "I'm a victim" and he's said this consistently for years.

Record in what? Time doesn't keep track of things, it is just the way the progress of events is marked (yes, that is tied into space itself but not in the way you imply).

Say we reach the heat death of the universe. Whatever impact your past actions had stops. Nothing can do anything anymore. Things just are... but there is no way to observe anything because there is no potential for work.

The universe will die, and time (which had a beginning with the universe) will functionally die with it.

no retards

he means exactly what he said. there is no purpose, we hold no special place in the universe, insert carl sagan quotes here. there's no inherent reason/purpose for our existence, we do not matter in the grand scheme of things even on earth, so we should value the smaller individual worlds of ourselves and others rather than bitching about wah mommy wanted to abort me

Neofascists put the names of jewish people in three brackets to... I don't know, mark them as jewish, I guess.

Well no shit. This is Stockholm 1-o-1.

You start doing X enough you'll eventually come to a positive about it.

Play enough of a shit game? "Yeah it's alright innit?"

Previously not do drugs, but then hang out in the crackden a lot? "Yeah it's alright innit?"

Despise a cartoon, but then you start watching it. "Yeah it's alright innit?"

Jump into a boiling cauldron. "Yeah it's alright innit?"

Doesn't change that initially, already well informed of all the facts and acknowledging what they announce, you still found it shit. The only reason you accept it after continual exposure to it is that you've grown accustomed to it. That's not a real way to win something, that's a way to get indoctrinated. Think Scientology or any other type of cult that captives you.

Except those that get captivated to things like Sup Forums are the worst dredges we have to offer as they have ample choice not to come back, but their perverse "irony" causes their indulgence to guide them back. They lack willpower.

Because current evidence suggests that thoughts are derived from electrical and chemical signals i the brain, and no current evidence exists to show that thoughts can be experienced in some other fashion.

Is this a meme Sup Forums? The 'what did he mean by this' threads? What do they mean by them?

>implying time is linear and not a loop

It's philosophy 101 for the normies and reddit users who still watch the schlock on adult swim.

Don't put too much thought into it.
Justin didn't.

This sounds exactly like how Justin would respond to these kinds of threads.

Did you forget that every episode has a large amount of collatoral damage, and is fairly traumatizing for Morty?

Its basically Dr. Who meets Moral Orel.
Morty may turn out fine, but he goes through a lot of shit for it.

>Somebody doesn't watch the show~~

Let's list off the fuckery!
Prepare for spoilage.
In no certain order...
>Morty gets molested by a jellybean. Morally questionable action at the end of the episode related to jellybean.
>Rick fucks up his relationship with the Hivemind.
>Ricks suicidal tendencies after breakup with Hivemind.
>Said people inside Hivemand are still enslaved.
>Said people inside Hivemind are all bastards.
>The Purge Episode. Everything in it.
>Morty destroys his entire planet and abandons his family and replaces his dead-self in another dimension, having to cope with that.
>Jerry's penis-heart-transplant surgery shtick.
>Rick's Car Battery.
>Rick's Car protecting Summer.
>The last episode of Season 2

I miss anything? I know I did.

>Sup Forums doesn't like stereotypes either
>anons who hate stereotypes put them on Sup Forums

BUT HEY

>everybody's going to die.

Rick went to a universe where everyone is immortal in like the first episode.

>Turning a homeless man's body into an amusement park.
>Trying to smuggle drugs in Morty's anal cavity.
>Convincing Morty shooting the guards when they get caught with the drugs won't kill them and they are killed.
>Exposed to the sexual fantasies Morty's teacher has of his sister.

the whole point is to ask it for trivial obvious shit you turbo autist, neck yourself

There are some experts that think a loop could happen (universe comes apart, then back together, big bang, rinse/repeat).

But the vast majority agree there's no real proof of that. Most of the evidence supports the galaxy coming apart one way or another unless the forces pulling it apart (dark energy/matter) are somehow reversed. We have no evidence such a force exists yet.

There is no proof one way or the other really, Id rather believe shit just restarts over and over.

How did that baby born with no brain breathe and look around and stuff

You think this is being philosophical but it's not. You're the retarded 6 year old on the playground saying "Nu uh! "

What is evil Morty.

>Time lasts forever.

Time as you think of it doesn't exist

The writers sniff their own farts and think they have it all figured out. Rick is their own Mary Sue self insert.

Just let it happen, I need to study how truly different children and adults are not from one another, it's astounding how they manage to feed themselves and cross roads.

There it is. Catch and release.
See you tomorrow.

to sit down and watch some TV.

Rick isnt even the one who says that quote you spacktard

10 cents goes into your account. You big lipped fuck.

Want a kiss?

On my ass. I am food poisoned.

except rick has tons of issues and self doubt, if he was just a high and mighty atheist soap box douche bag he'd come across like brian griffin or lisa simpson these days, insufferable because the characters opinions feel fourth wall breaking and full of the feeling the writers think they are better than you. rick doesnt fall into this because of his flaws and self doubt, his characters personality is being smarter than everyone and he's a dick about it but thats in universe he also feels the ramifications of being that way and the universe he's in makes him question if he's really so right all the time, thus he is not the writers soap box he is himself.

I don't know about the boiling cauldron, it was pretty tempting BEFORE I started dipping in it.

>bright side of nihilism

That's called absurdism isn't it?

Morty and Summer need to fuck.

>Morty and Beth need to fuck
FTFY

Exactly what he said...why the fuck do people have to keep making these "what did he/she mean?" threads for OBVIOUS stuff?!

I don't think so?

I believe Nihilism boils down do "Nothing matters" while Absurdism boils down to "Nothing makes sense"

memes i guess

>you don't NEED a purpose
What would be the point?