Should I bother with Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 or just jump straight to book One by Alan Moore (I believe it's...

Should I bother with Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 or just jump straight to book One by Alan Moore (I believe it's #20-26 or 27)? Is it a good series or just meme?

>Is it a good series or just meme?

Still not sure...

>Is it a good series or just meme?
Read the first 2 issues and you tell us.

I just read #20 and, Jesus Christ, I don't have a clue who these characters are or what they do, but somehow I feel invested in the story... There's something about the design of the Swamp Thing creature, the way he moves and thinks, that is so fascinating.

I heard the #21 one, "The Anatomy Lesson", is supposed to be pretty good.

Yeah, issue 21 was when I knew I was hooked. If you're not by then, I don't know, maybe once you get to the sex scene.

The Anatomy Lesson is awesome. That whole run is awesome. Swamp Thing is the best.

Wait, but Swamp Thing doesn't have a penis. Or does he?

Like dude, it was written by Alan Moore.

Yeah. The Anatomy lesson is the first "real" swamp thing issue. #20 was just there to wrap up the previous guys stuff so Moore could start clean.

Read on, OP.

Are you talking about Moore's run? It's really, really good.

20 is literally called Loose Ends

Moore basically resets everything in his first two issues, so it's not necessary to read the preceding issues, but Pasko's run wasn't bad if you want to check it out. It just pales in comparison to what Moore did.

OP here, just read #21, "The Anatomy Lesson". Oh wow, what a story. It's amazing what good writers can do with 24 pages, isn't it? That issue could easily stand alone on its own. The moment you, the reader, and the narrator, Floronic Man, realize the Swamp Thing is just a plant and not actually Alec Holland is amazing. The art is really good too, it perfectly matches the tone of the comic book.

I t-think I'm hooked. That Alan Moore bastard got me again.

Swamp Thing made me remember just how damn entertaining Moore is

There's some really good art in the early Swamp Thing stories. But it a much simpler monster comic before Moore took hold.

I felt that way when I found his one shot of Mister Majestic for Wildstorm. I don't give a fuck about anything in Wildstorm, but it's a great story about Superman ripoff

Someone should storytime anatomy lesson.

>I believe it's #20-26 or 27
Moore's run is #20-64

pasko's run isn't complete shit but it wasn't that good either also the whole jews and holocaust stuff didn't interest me at all
some stories were nice like the village with the masks

#21 will blow your fucking mind. #20 is literally just to wrap up the first 19 issues. Everything after that is where Moore's run really kicks into full gear.

He's talking about the first trade.