X-thread

I'm trying to make an expy of this chick for a ttrpg.
Trying to restrict myself to powers she's used, and not go too far out from that.
So, can some of you list some of her feats? Gracias.

Meanwhile, list your ideal X-Team and other anons try and rate them against the usual X-villain fare.

Hard mode: No Rightclops

>Hard mode: No Rightclops
kill yourself

My dream team:
-Cyclops
-Iceman
-Kitty
-Nightcrawler
-Psylocke
-Colossus

Ranged: Cyke, Icey
Rogue (heh): Kitty, Psylocke, Nightcrawler
Tank: Colossus

>I'm trying to make an expy of this chick for a ttrpg.

What game?

>Ideal X-Team:

- the corpse of Deadclops
- four Wolverines
- every telepath that ever got Cyclopsed
- the love triangle of Kitty, Peter, and Illyana
- and one pet character X-student who will prove themselves heroically before meeting an untimely and uncalled-for death

I like it.
I'd probably do something like:

-Rachel
-Hope
-Archangel
-X-Man
-Gambit
-Magma

Just seems fun.

D&D 3.5
pls no bully
I've got a Telepath Psion with a soulknife dip. Telepath has a few telekinetic powers, so it seemed like it would work
Mostly, I can't remember the extent of her telekinetic feats.

Okay lemme think

Nightcrawler leads and teleports
Armor for muscle
Wolverine because Wovlerine
Domino for stealth
Rachel for TK
Sunspot for shoots

Yeah I like that set up.
>pls no bully

You're less likely to find people bullying you over 3.5 than you are 4+

is Generation X worth reading?

Since I'm lazy to invent any new team, posting classic.
Yes. But it'd be better if you read it back in the day. Today you know almost everyone from that book is irrelevant/dead.

Nice roster. I'd swap Pixie for something else, but that's a solid team

Also, why don't you just rip off her powers from any Marvel RPG?
If I had to change her, it'd be for Surge.

>Surge
That would be fun.

Probably not final...
I'm in a hard place between Spiral & Remus. I am not sure I want 2 ninjas on the team.
Spiral looks more outlandish and cool & has a tormented background, while Remus has the healing factor, is a slutty redhead and has a hyper mysterious background.

>Wanda
>X-men
Get out!

I'd go with Remus though. Just me.

I was gonna add Surge to mine but I already had the asian teen girl quotta filled by armor. was a tough call but I flipped a coin in the end

They're both cool. But Surge has gloves so she gets +1 in coolness.
Pity she has no belt.
And pouches.

>spoilers

I'm but a child of nineties, user.

You say that, but your Domino in that pic has no clothes.

Actually, wait, that sorta jives with your claim.

Not the same person.

ah

I'm not sure what else you're seeking. You're trying to make a Psylocke in a gaming system that has a good psionics ruleset and has a "Soulknife" class that pretty much is built around and inspired by the Psylocke character, thats where that class came from.

Depends on which version of the character you're wanting I suppose. For most of her history she was telepathy-only but at some recent point she gained TK, I'm not sure if she currently retains TK or if she is back to TP-only. Personally I think it suits the character better to lack TK, using telepathy to allow for the physicality of melee combat is simply a more interesting twist, if she has telekinesis it makes her martial stance seem somewhat pointless and forced.

Her telepathy was the standard fair. Remote communication and teamspeak. Mindblast an opponent. She would keep the team invisible or appearing as other people to nearby spectators. A few small precog flashes, you'd need to dip into clairsentience for that. And of course her psychic knife, the "focused totality of her telepathic powers", a melee-ranged mental blast. During her TK time it becomes an actual blade of manifested force.

Not nude enough.
>those tactically located piece of bricks

I don't care about continuity at all really I just want good characters and interesting/fun stories

any recommendations?

I didn't really like Worst X-Men Ever but I liked Cable and the X-Force

Then you're going to like it. And try Exiles.

dubs nice

I'm downloading Generation X right now also New Mutants 1-100

what's Exiles?

Thanks for the breakdown.

I like her with a little TK, just not overblown.

I think she has one of the most inconsistent powersets of any X-Man. At least it stays in the same family of powers--looking at you Lorna.

>Worst X-Men Ever?
All-New X-Men? Astonishing?

I'd personally invite you to read Uncanny X-Force. Age of X is entirely self-contained and pretty neat. Utopia is really good. Hell, pick anything from Messiah CompleX through Second Coming. If you liked Cable & Co., try his solo that ran for a couple years with Hope in the future.

>Exiles
Mutants plucked from alternate dimensions doing shenanigans.

>New Mutants
Good on ya.

Also, it's polarizing, but Morrison's run is "essential"

what I've read of Morrison I don't really like
I generally like fun comics way more than anything trying to be deep
I'm going to download more Cable because he's probably badass dude ever and Age of X looks pretty cool

Take Cable & Deadpool.

Fair enough.
Gonna push Uncanny X-Force once more (vol. 1). It's just balls to the wall good. If you can't get hooked by issue 4, I think something might be wrong with you. Sure it's a bit edgy, but it's deeply personal. Lots of "oh damn" and "no fucking way that was too good" moments.
I'd encourage you to go from there to Si Spurrier's X-Force. Lotsa good stuff in it for Betsy, Hope, and Cable. The second UXF volume is nearly entirely skippable even.

It gets a lot of funny looks, but X-cutioner's Song is pure mayhem. It might be the most 90's X-Men thing, if Age of Apocalypse didn't exist, and even then it still might be.

The "perfect" main team is

Cyclops
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Storm

Personally, going beyond five members is wasteful. It becomes harder and harder to balance the cast, provide them with interesting interactions and give them enough panel space.

>cyclops is the child soldier/career superhero that needs help to control his mutation
>wolverine is the mutant turned into a weapon by society
>nightcrawler is the scary mutant that is still human
>colossus is an artist before he's a superhero and wishes for a normal life
>storm is the mutant posing as a goddess

That cast hits all the "key" parts of the x-men. It's not coincidence that GLMK stars this cast plus youthful brat Kitty and wise mentor Xavier

My secondary team of choice

Dani
Magik
Longshot
Rockslide
Pixie

A lot less "pure" but I think it would be a plenty entertaining group

Where's your frontline telepath?

I'd read that roster for sure though.

In the second group? I wouldn't put them up against psychics and I hate "heroic" psychics. Push comes to shove, Magik is supposed to be immune to telepathy and can use magic to replicate some of the more "lab" (as opposed to field) psychic stuff. Journeys to the center of the mind etc.

In the first group? Yeah that's a flaw but worth it to avoid Jean/Emma/Psylocke/Rachel/someone on cerebro/a being on the team

>I hate "heroic" psychics
Interesting.
Why's that?

Not him.
But I want these evil fucks to die fucking horribly & burn in hell for eternity and I want to punch Bendis in the face for this....

Colossus - tank
Cyclops - range strategist
Magik - magic/telport
X23 - melee agi berserker
Rachel - teke/tele

backup:
Cable
Cannonball
Gambit
Psylocke
Domino
Sage

That was in-character for them though...

Because writers inevitably make them assholes. See Jean, Xavier, the cuckoos etc.. Emma gets away with it by being a proud asshole. If non-psychics used their powers so recklessly people would throw a fit. Imagine Wolverine stabbing Jean and casually having Elixir heal her or Cyclops concussing someone just for a joke

>being this triggered
Christ. Don't you have some Midnighter thread to yell RAPE RAPE REAP?

That doesn't make them any less evil and make me want a team to be butchered for letting them on there.

Yeah I can dig that. Personally, I'm a big fan of Rachel. She seems to avoid most of the pitfalls the usual psychics have. And she seems to avoid them intentionally.
Just me though.

How does that corolate with my problem with the Cuckoo's at all?
My problem is they are threatening a innocent defenseless person with one of the most evil notions imaginable because of a potentially involuntary thought that they read with no fucking right to be in his head whatsoever.

Would you like someone breaking into your house and cutting your ears off because they don't Iike the music you listen to in private?

Cullen Bunn is that you?

> No Rightclops
nerf much

- Sage wololololo
- Maddox zerg rush
- Wolverine cause Wolverine
- Storm AOE
- Rogue cause why not

>Cullen Bunn is that you?
N-no.
Are those some of his favorites?

I left Rachel off my second list because I realized the only time I can think of her being an asshole was when she was in a Spider-man book written to make all the X-men assholes.

> Sage

why?

>- Maddox zerg rush
They never tried to use Gambit to charge him up and SUICIDE SQUAD fuck out of everyone?

> Sage wololo
I think you meant Karma

>muffled Saleel al sawarim in the distance

REMEMBER GENOSHA

huh, that's actually a good idea. Adding Gambit to my roster then.
Ah, fuck, I was reading another user's team and forgot sage's power I googled her. Guess it got stuck. Yea, I meant Karma.

Caveat user: She used to be an english psychic girl in armor, who might as well be a completely different character than psychic asian electra there.

Think pre/post claremont.

I wouldn't neglect her ninja abilities.

Yes they are

She's a precog tele right? If I remember correctly. Haven't read much xbook with her on it.

>telepathy
>can see who is mutant
>can understand powers better since she can see something in DNA, forgot what it's about
But her main "power" is her computer mind.

If mutants are soo good why didnt they stop the 9/11 from happening ?

>Magneto can't melt steel beams.

they would if they could. But then you have Genosha. House of M. Decimation. Utopia. Terrigen Mist...

>looking at you, Lorna
Did you mean Wanda?

>Hard mode: No Rightclops

That's not hard.

Storm
Iceman
Rogue
Colossus
Bishop
Polaris
Chamber
Wolfsbane