Its about that time Sup Forums

Hope i'm not late this year.

bumping this gay shit

There are no words to describe my thanks.

And that's it. See you next year Sup Forums.

Thanks for the dump.
Never read that before.
>In a universe of Gameboys and VCRs
how wonderfully dated.

Read for those who can't anymore user.
Stand tall.

Crazy how 9/11 showed that a rag tag team of outlaws can defeat and bring down the juggernaut that was America.

What's with the hate for this? The villains page is cheesy as fuck but it's not that big a trangsgression

Doom crying triggers a lot of continuity fags.

Man, I forgot how stupid this shit was. This honestly crosses the threshold into disrespectful. It's like that cringe-inducing nicktoons 9/11 deviantart pic, but people got fucking paid to do this. This was done by professionals.

>rag tag team of outlaws

>well heeled team of state-sponsored terrorists
ftfy

There are no words

>Cyclops can cut steel beams.

You know, am I the only one who thinks that this isn't that bad outside that Dr. Doom panel?

I actually really like it. It's corny as hell but immediately post-9/11 America was full of this kind of sentiment and it's a cool snapshot of the country at the time

Did DC ever do anything like this? Not necessarily as cringe-worthy but covering the subject in-universe.

When I was a teen and even today I thought this was a very poignant and well crafted message from Marvel. Based in New York they took the time to say people say we deserved this and that some are not at fault for this and people were brave who stood up and many made sacrifices. It tried to say we can only get through this as a country if we do it together, ALL OF US! Every creed, every race, every cultural group who call the united states home have to work together to not be changed by fear.

I think DC avoids this in-universe. I mean, its hard to have the Towers fall when Superman exists, you know?

I don't think that 9/11 happened in the DC Universe until The New 52 threw it into Simon Baz' origin.

The easy explanation would be that Superman or whatever superhero was off fighting another threat. I think Superman failing to prevent an attack like that could easily fit within the conflict Superman's existence creates. Despite having so many powers he can't be everywhere at once, and for all the world ending aliens and monsters that exist sometimes the worst enemy humanity faces is itself.

Well in the old DCU, a million flying brick heroes would've been active in 2001 to stop the planes.

In the Nu52, Superman and co. hadn't debuted yet at that time.

when is Peter's canon birthday?

I mean, yeah, he could've been off somewhere else, but he's left a fight to rush home because he heard his father's heart stop beating. Surely, he could've done somehting about a plane or two
This is the best explanation, but sliding timescales are weird

> Do we tell them evil is a foreign face?

No you start the MCU with Tony Stark bombing Afghanistan for kicks.

There's 2 other comics I think should be storytimed today.
One is Liberality for All, a comic about a dystopian future that happened because Al Gore was President during 9/11. Here's the official summary
>"It is 2021, tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of 9/11. America is under oppression by ultra-liberal extremists who have surrendered governing authority to the United Nations. Hate speech legislation called the "Coulter Laws" have forced vocal conservatives underground. A group of bio-mechanically enhanced conservatives led by Sean Hannity, G. Gordon Liddy, Oliver North, and a young man born on September 11, 2001, set out to thwart Ambassador Usama bin Laden's plans to nuke New York City."
Did I mention that Hannity and Liddy are cyborgs?
I'd been trying to find links to the full issues for months with no success.

The other is "The Big Lie"by Rick Veitch, from Image. It's basically a Truther comic where a woman goes back in time to convince the people in the Towers to evacuate before it's too late. It's much more recent, so I'll see if I can find it and storytime it myself.

>The Big Lie
It was storytimed in the Storytime of Pain Day 2016.

Big Lie was a hoot.

> none of us are getting out

>It was storytimed in the Storytime of Pain Day 2016.
Really? I'll check the archive then. It needs to be storytimed today. I'll probably do it this afternoon if I can.

>the archive
I got bad news for ya

Yeah, just found out. Guess I'll have to download it somewhere after all.

>Secret Origin of Hit-Girl

And Juggernaut being there and being sad when he had previously destroyed the towers himself.

It's also pretty easy to avoid when DC has their own cities that replace actual ones, like how NYC just does not exist in the first place, and it's just Metropolis.

Now that I think about it, how is it that Galactus eating the planet and Magneto annihilating the human race get stopped every six months, but two airplanes crashing into buildings is this massive event that none of the hundreds of superheroes could stop?

9/11 Proves the point the Joker makes in Dark Knight.

Reed could have stopped it.

But he didn't, because he knew it would make Doom cry.

Im pretty sure nyc exists isn't that where harleys current ongoing is set.

Or was it power girls last ongoing one of the 2 i forget.

Honestly I hate this issue but its responses like yours that makes me give it a pass. It meant a great deal for a lot of people.

Sure there is a lot of cringe worthy crap, but Marvel was coming from a good place and it was saying "hey, we are here for you and we are all in this together."

Which is something I can appreciate.

JSA were headquartered in NYC actually

Doom was crying because the planes didnt hit the Baxter Building.

Knowing the FF they were off to the negative zone or Space where they saved billions of lives.

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well, he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

It makes sense why it would be used in it.

Damn, where's Mephisto's retcon powers when you need them? He probably could've gotten a lot more than Spidey's marriage if he offered to erase 9/11.

Yeah right. Who do you think melted those steel beams?

>US scum dying
Neat.

you really haven't read any Dr Doom comics have you? This is the guy who made a skin armor out of his one true love just so he could have a crack at ending Richards. Granted his twisted honor had him asking her permission first. This is the guy who used baby Val as his familiar, for his demonic powers and banished a powerless Franklin to hell. This is the guy who tookover Latveria and became a total dictator with secret police and everything. Who when he had the chance to rebuild the multiverse decided to take fragments of it as his own battleworld to rule as a dictator god and calling it benevolence.

Doom is a petty egotistic motherfucker. Do you know why he delivered Val? Because he could rub it in Reed's face that he was there for his wife when Reed wasn't. He named her Val to rub it in Reed's face that he delivered her and not Reed. Every time he becomes God he fixes his face. Oh and his face? Kirby depicted him as someone who got a tiny scar but found so unbearable that he covered his face with an iron mask.

This motherfucker is the same guy who, when he realized that Reed might have one day of happiness at his wedding decided to crash it with a bunch of supervillains to ruin it.

THIS is the same guy who believes that the only future worth preserving is the one where he rules the world because it is the only future that has humanity safe.

I know co likes to use that stupid Panther goddess picture but they misinterpret the fuck out of it. The Panther isn't AGGREEING with Doom that is the only future where humans are safe. The Panther goddess is testing him to see if he is PURE in his cause, which he is, that's in his vain selfish nature.

Someone hasn't read Masters of Doom

>This is the guy who made a skin armor out of his one true love just so he could have a crack at ending Richards. Granted his twisted honor had him asking her permission first. This is the guy who used baby Val as his familiar, for his demonic powers and banished a powerless Franklin to hell. This is the guy who tookover Latveria and became a total dictator with secret police and everything. Who when he had the chance to rebuild the multiverse decided to take fragments of it as his own battleworld to rule as a dictator god and calling it benevolence.
Waid'd Doom? All the fans hated him for turning Doom into what he always was, a supervillain.

>Masters of Doom
What book is that?

Yeah those fans suck. Dr Doom is a vain egotistical dickhead with a twisted sense of honor and morality.

I am glad Waid did that just so it could stop the stupid Doomwank on how he totally is an "anti-hero" when in reality he is and can be from time to time a good three dimensional villain.

Waid obv is the most recent big example. Go to reading his stories in the 90s, 80s, or 70s. They all featured Doom with some humanity in him but also at the same time showed he was a fucking supervillain. Not someone to glorify.

Nice to know that not all doomfags want Doom to be some boring antihero.

It's a FF arc by Mark Millar. It's pretty brutal.

How many of these first-responder superheroes got cancer from all the time spent in ground zero?

Haha same. There was a time where Doomfags loved the vain bastard solely because of that. He is a bad guy who believes that under Doom everything will be ok and actually has the track record to prove it. That still means he is a fucking bad guy because he wants to ruthlessly rule the world.

I think all these newDoomfags just took the love and message completely the wrong way. Now they actually think he is some anti hero when he never really was.

I mean yea he has honor, like shown in the zombieverse where he saves all his citizens and hides them in his castle but it was deliberately POINTED out that he only took the healthy men and women to repopulate. He left behind the old, sick, weak and children for zombies to chow down.

THATS Dr Doom for you.

Remember when that faggot Nick Spencer was going to write a mini on a young emo Doom? We dodged quite a bullet there.

Nothing in continuity (though I don't think this was in continuity either; they paused the storyline going on to do this issue). A month or two after DC released a graphic novel of short stories. I don't think most of them featured their characters, but it's been awhile since I've read it.

It's actually Volume 2; Volume 1 was another GN of short stories by non-DC or Marvel creators at the time.

Digital when, DC?

da fuck why doom is crying?

Because he knows he's being written by that rapist Straczysnki.

I was really happy when that happened. I genuinely thought Marvel would learn their lesson in not releasing meaningless shitty minis that trash all over their characters.

Except now Marvel just releases meaningless shitty ongoings that trash all over their characters that coincidentally last as long as a mini before the next relaunch.

Shit is still shit under a different coat Marvel.

There's also this by Marvel, which was just a pinup book, but they got it out 2 weeks after 9/11 and raised a lot of money. Got several non-Marvel talents to contribute, like an Alan Moore text piece and McFarlane inking a Quesada drawing.

Oops, forgot pic

and then Cyclops became a terrorist.

Aliens blow up the Lex Towers in Metropolis in a book that came out on 9/12/2001

So obviously nobody likes this page because it's pretty out of character for them.

But if marvel told you you had to put three fairly popular villains on this page looking upset about it, and one of them has to be crying, who would you put?

Eddie Brock as Venom would be one of my choices, the symbiote pulling back to show Eddie crying or something.

>Venom
>crying like a sissy
user...

street level villains helping with the rebuilding effort would be more poignant. Except they arent in the A list status like those other 3. Lets just ignore the fact that Spiderman has an entire library of recognizable street level villains.

I'm surprised nobody made "ABSOLUTE MADMEN" reaction from the textboxes here.

What? He fights to protect innocents. He'd obviously be mad as hell, but that doesn't mean he can't have a single tear running down his face.

I just said him because I can't think of any other popular A list villains who would cry.

>I can't think of any other popular A list villains who would cry.
Of course you can't. Villains aren't supposed to cry!

Magneto.

HE WAS MY MONSTER

Has anyone ever storytimed Marvel Knights: Captain America's 9/11 arc?

>reminder that Juggernaut destroyed the Twin Towers once

I was a kid, lived in NYC and thought it was silly when I bought it from a newstand. Remember that, comics at a newstand? Still sorta affordable to a kid?

Thank you

STANDING

KEK

This is the same Venom who auctioned off the symbiote and went clean after seeing Passion of the Christ.

>They died not knowing the true Majesty of Doom
>Single tear

bump for freedom
;_°7

Doom may be an asshole but he did save all of existence in the Marvel multiverse in the lead up to the last Secret Wars

Why the fuck would Doom and Magneto give a fuck?