Why does this board dislike cartoons from Japan yet applaud shows like Steven Universe where they take cues heavily...

Why does this board dislike cartoons from Japan yet applaud shows like Steven Universe where they take cues heavily from them? Isn't that a massive contradiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8CNRDopJ6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is a time and a place for anime, it's called Sup Forums.

Because anime is just copying itself these days. It's the most stagnant genre of animation. Meanwhile the era of AT is coming to an end and animators are waiting for that next hit show with a distinct art style to copy.

Cartoons just like to reference anime from when it was good because the creators are weebs.

I cannot get over just how hideous Steven Universe is as a show.

Most of Sup Forums hates SU, a small part of the reason is because of the anime inspiration, homages, etc. The people who are on this board only to discuss SU are typically from Tumblr. or Reddit There's a reason why their generals generate hundreds of unique IPs while all the other threads are maybe 50 at best.

>Why does this board dislike cartoons from Japan
what?
what gave you that impression, Sup Forums loves anime
almost every thread i've been in in the past week has had something to do/or someone had referenced an anime, are you baiting or something?

>Because anime is just copying itself these days

And western animation isn't?

Most people who hang out in general threads hate anime funnily enough. However, they are very obviously not board regulars and don't represent the opinions of Sup Forums.

Because anime is weighed down with so much bullshit and cliches that something that just takes the good of it is refreshing.

I have always liked the art in anime, but anime itself is usually bad. The tropes can get terrible and the stories are stale or just stupid. I'm fine when a good non-Japanese show uses an anime-ish style because I like that visually, and I might like that show's stories better. I think it's interesting to incorporate elements of different styles to make more unique shows.

Western shows are copying the popular show from a few years ago. Anime has been copying itself for decades now. They reached the peak and failed to move past that.

There was a time when every show tried to be like Ren and Stimpy. That was the 90s.

You can't spell contradict without Sup Forums.

What anime is Mob Psycho 100 copying?

>They reached the peak and failed to move past that

And they never needed to.

Most of Sup Forums hates SU, but they have the most IP's?

>Cherry picking one show out of hundreds that are made in a year to prove a point.

>dragonball super is a lifeless husk outdone by the dozens of shonen anime that copied its previous series

This is why the shows heavily influenced by the West are so good. Only westaboos can save anime.

Most of Sup Forums users hate SU and the people who come here to discuss the show aren't really frequent Sup Forums users. They come here just for Steven Universe, and maybe one or two other threads. You're not really part of a community if you just show up for a very tiny portion of something.

anime is fine
Stephen Tumblrverse is trash

I was referring to Dragonball from the 80s and 90s, you know the one that actually defined shounen.
I know it's a billion years old but that doesn't detract from it to me, probably because I'm more of a Sup Forums person than I am an Sup Forums person and Dragonball is, to me, the greatest comic/manga/whatever ever made.

It's the most charming shit in the world.

Mob Psychos 1 through 99.

What show is Sakamoto copying?

Because when you watch anime, it's very apparent you're watching something that was written in a different language for a different culture and you can't help but feel things are slipping through the cracks. Steven Universe is produced in the US, therefore it's easier to understand and relate too.

>these days
It always has been. Japs has this wierd thing that if something becomes popular they stay with it until it becomes unpopular again.

because hatred needs no reason, logic, or basis

Sup Forums loves to hate things, under any pretense

>Western cartoon
>SJW pandering shows for cucks
>All the characters are ambiguously brown fat lesbians, all males are dumb or evil

>Japan cartoons
>degenerate shows for sexual deviants
>All the girls are the same looking "white" japs with multi-colored hairs, they have big boobs or asses, males are unexistant

I'll guess chink cartoons are the lesser evil

youtube.com/watch?v=n8CNRDopJ6E

Yeah when was that peak again? Anime has always been mediocre medium.

That's all countries though. Just look at capeshit movies.

>>SJW pandering shows for cucks

Name 5

No please. I dont want to SJW to rule anime industry i still want to see my anime tiddies

>Mob Psycho 100
is a parody from another past animes with baldyman humor

>Clarence
>We Bare Bears
>Nu Powerpuff Girls
>Adventure Time
>SJW Universe

Literally the whole CN line-up

Because this board is full of self-loathing faggots.
People on this board claim to have a rilvary with Sup Forums, but will make any excuse to bring up anime regardless.

I mean I literally saw someone write the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was Sup Forums related.

Yeah but in japan it shows alot more especially in anime. Take example Isekai new hot shit in market, japs love it and will buy anything do to with that shit. That shit will be hot shit for maybe few years now with i hope it would not but it will happen

>Steven Universe
>Adventure Time
>Clarence
>Loud House
>Star vs. The Forces of Evil
>Gravity Falls half the time

I'm pretty sure Regular Show is the only one that wouldn't make this list at least some of the time.

that is the reason why you have to stop watching that shit and watch good shows like Gravity Falls or Regular Show.

>Regular Show
You mean the show that has an incurable beta for a protagonist?

So like every harem anime protagonist?

Along with being woefully uncreative and lazy, Sup Forums is also exceedingly ignorant, and that includes the board's core topics comics and cartoons. The only anime Sup Forums knows about are what they watched on Toonami over 15 years ago, and which the socially maladjusted anons will swear it was just last week.

Even Sup Forums is more knowledgeable about video games and Sup Forums about actual politics than Sup Forums is about anything at all. This board's advice should never be taken into consideration.

What's your point? That RS is a harem show?

Didn't Mordecai end up alone and spilling spaghetti at that wedding?

>Star vs. The Forces of Evil
What. How

Western Animation uses a lot of different themes but they have the flaw that they air untill they turn into shit or get a shittier reboot.

Examples include Spongebob, Powerpuff Girls, Adventure Time, The Simpsons etc.

>no true scotsman

This sums it up pretty well

>they air until they...get a shittier reboot
>Powerpuff Girls
off the air for literally 12 years

>Sup Forums
>applaud Steven Universe
What board are you on?

The PPG reboot is shit, tho.

>Sup Forums is one person

Bad user. Don't make me get the spray bottle.

And it did not air for 12 years until it got that reboot, you bowling pin.

Sup Forums either hates or pretends to hate Steven Universe due to the tumblr/reddit boogeyman witchhunt, get your facts straight

What do you mean "themes"? You mean settings? Japan uses just as many.

I think most people watch and enjoy both western and asian cartoon content, but due to the nature and popularity of Sup Forums content everyone has to be strict as fuck about non-western content or else it'll flood the board completely and then it'll be nothing but threads about anime and waifus.

Just look at Sup Forums, it's just moeshit, waifuposting and lolis and pantsus. If people aren't stern and aggressive about that shit being contained at Sup Forums it'll take over Sup Forums in a heartbeat too. Not to say that discussion in here is high-quality either, we also waifupost, but at least it's a bit different.

I think it's nice. If you want to discuss Sup Forums content, you can go to Sup Forums, it's right there. It's good to have the separation.

I doubt that. I like some animes - but if anyone tries to post weebshit or anime in generals, I'll be one of the first to call them a turbofaggot for it and tell them to sod off to Sup Forums.

Not wanting Sup Forums content on Sup Forums =/= not enjoying Sup Forums content

>Most of Sup Forums users hate SU and the people who come here to discuss the show aren't really frequent Sup Forums users.
That's not true though. SU is actually pretty comfy and good for what it is, a kid's show.

Just accept that a lot of Sup Forums actually enjoys SU enough to post in the threads. Trying to invent excuses like "they only come here to post at /sug/, no true Sup Forumsmrade would ever enjoy SU" is deluding yourself.

Dragon Ball Super is a lot more like dragon ball than Dragon Ball Z
Also
Why is Gohan driving!!!

Having an incurable beta as the protagonist doesn't make it Tumblr-tier, it's just a fact about the protagonist.

The show is fairly unpozzed as far as modern cartoons go, even made fun of women who pretend to be into 'nerd' culture things but don't actually get it in the Eva mech parody episode.

I haven't watched it in like, 2 seasons though.

Race-mixing propaganda you mongoloid.

>muh interracial degeneracy

>Why is Gohan driving!!!
Chi Chi is driving.
She is overtaking Roshi.
She is a dangerous speedy driver

Don't you mean:
> Sup Forumsllege

So what Sup Forums was back in 2004?

But what if you use anime reaction images?

I love this comic

But Sup Forums used to have loli threads too it is just mods dont allow it anymore. I mean even on Sup Forums those loli threads sometimes gets deleted by mods.

>That's not true though. SU is actually pretty comfy and good for what it is, a kid's show.
Has absolutely no relevance to whether or not people who frequent Sup Forums like it.

>no true Sup Forumsmrade would ever enjoy SU
I didn't say that, I said a lot of the SU talkback traffic is driven by fleeting users, not frequent members.

If you really think people aren't coming here just for SU generals or talkback threads, then Sup Forums should be absolutely bursting with activity in every single thread. But they're not. /Sug/ Averages 100+ per general thread and can usually acquire that within a single day.. Some general threads during specials have gotten as high as 200 unique posters. Other threads, such as the Long Gone Gulch thread, take over a week just to get 100 unique posters.

Other threads will get possibly 80 at the most, and that's usually as a result of posting a bait thread like, "CalArts Style Meme" or "Marvel Better than DC" threads. And considering that a lot of the SU threads being made are by shitposters, not fans, it's probably safe to assume a good chunk of people come here simply to browse /sug/ and a couple of other threads while the show is airing. They don't care about comics, Clarence, Wander Over Yonder, Milo Murphy's Law, Bojack, Ducktales speculation, storytimes, art thread, etc.

Sure Sup Forumsmrades enjoy it, but if the amount of people who loved it posted in other threads besides /sug/, the fans would out-post the haters, but they don't. The haters derail many threads into SU shitposting simply because they're the long-standing people who go to other threads here, with just a handful of the fans defending the show.

All mediums are. 99% of everything is garbage.

>a lot more like dragon ball than Dragon Ball Z

They're the same but whatever I know what you mean.

It's turning out to be a lot like "Z" now, though.

Sorry, I fucked up. They either get a shitty reboot or air untill they turn into shit

Clarence has 1 gay couple in the regular cast. It is hardly sjw pandering, but you're too busy hating its art style to watch it.

DB is not DBZ.

I can like Japan cartoons. It's just that I only like the good ones and generally hate the tropes commonly found within that specific genre of animation.
I could spend the next half hour talking about why Macross Plus or Tokyo Godfathers is the shit, but that doesn't mean I'm down for a bunch of crappy dramas about magical highschool lolies or angsty teens sword fighting each other in giant flying robots.
Besides, taking cues from something doesn't equate to being that thing. The Big O took a lot of cues from Batman, but it sure as hell wasn't Batman.

I've seen people argue that the latest Ghostbusters movie is Sup Forums-related because it has CGI in it and there were Ghostbusters comics and cartoons. People have odd standards on here, hence why is sadly true.

It's all Dragonball.

Everyone hates those tropes. I like some fanservice shows like Monster Musume or High School DXD but that is more guilty pleasure thing and i even liked K-on and alot CGDCT will never top that. But i in sametime i like alot shows like The Big O and Patlabor. I just kinda watch every genre of anime and i still enjoy it alot even after all these years in this medium

When did Sup Forums become so lame, Yogi?

Despite Sup Forums acting like all is trash, they won't shut the fuck up about it. Even Their favorite cartoons won't shut up about anime. Just recently someone storytimed all of Akira.

I'm a massive weeb and I like Steven Universe

That said, pretty much hit the nail on the head. A lot of anime coming out these days is really formulaic garbage populated by the same tired archetypes.
It's not weird, it's business as usual. Most companies will do something until it stops working and change when they have to, but won't innovate unless they have need to.
Late 80s/early 90s. There was a lot more OVAs coming out with plenty of quality animation and more experimental plots.
Jojo is more Sup Forums related than Sup Forums related.
But Sup Forums has tons of waifuposting and loli lusting garbage threads.
>If you want to discuss Sup Forums content, you can go to Sup Forums, it's right there.
This is correct though.

>Jojo is more Sup Forums related than Sup Forums related.
That's a funny thought, but I can't argue with that. Every other thing taken out of context in text would sound like some sort of bizarre musician tale.

...I meant because so many things are named after songs/musicians

I repeat: DB is not DBZ.

We didn't get to finish because of Goobers like you.