How did Rick Remender go from Marvel's best writer to this piece of shit...

How did Rick Remender go from Marvel's best writer to this piece of shit? Literally everything has been reversed except for Havok who is now just living in comic limbo.

Editorial upgraded SIXIS into an event.

Never read the actual book, but on paper it should have been a fun event.
At least some of the extra books that spawned from it were gold.

He drowned in hobo piss.

>sixis

anyone read it like this?

Everyone, user.

A lot of people, apparently.
Am I the only one who read it as "Axu"?

>Remender
NOPENOPENOPE

>Not liking SIXIS

First issue was garbage but he turned it around. It has a lot of really fun stuff and everything has not been reversed. Just take a look at Uncanny X-Men with Sabretooth or the existence of a Carnage solo.

This

Editorial was a mistake

Didn't they do the same to Hickman's Infinity?

kek. No wonder Sup Forums doesn't like this guy. He's obviously based.

This is the kind of guy that would tell you to fuck off and die just because you disagree with him. He'd fit in so well here.

>Uncanny X-Men with Sabretooth
It's strange how Sabretooth has kept his inversion yet Iron Manwent back to normal and seems to have never been inverted after Secret Wars finished.

Why does so much of Remender's stuff start weak? (Tokyo Ghost, Low...)

he's right there though

>writes capeshit and shits on indies
>now he only writes indies
What a hypocrite.

Editorial mandate

But does he shit on mainstream crap?

He's a hypocrite, so...

If he just focuses on good books and not shitting on mainstream shit then he's not a hypocrite there

> Best writer

whoa there, I'm a fan who waited obsessively for each new issue of UXF but calling Remender Marvel's best writer is overselling him a bit. Dude has plenty of identifiable flaws in his writing.

Bendis didn't feel like writing how he got back to normal, so he's going to ignore the entire storyline.

That guy probably thought he was better than anyone who isn't working for the Big Two. But then he fucked it up big time and so he got bitchslapped back to the indie world he hates so much. Drown him in hobo piss.

Yes

I loved Remender and everything he did
Until this
Now just the characters he worked on depress me to see

Do you know how cool Superior Iron Man would be in Civil War 2
It would actually make the book good

Ok so you just don't like Remender then, ok.

he said it was absolutely horrible doing it because he had no company support
basically quit marvel because of it

>you should consider him a wonderful person if you like his books!
lol

he's not a hypocrite if he doesn't shit on mainstream books

>Remender taking over ASM never ever

He doesn't hate indie, he hates people like say Brandon Graham who incessantly talks shit about the Big 2.
Except it's more likely that the people that bitch are people that aren't as successful in indie as they'd like to be and blame 'muh capes'.

No, he sucks Big Two cock, which is worse.

>he hates people who make better books than him
I see.
>the people that bitch are people that aren't as successful in indie as they'd like to be and blame 'muh capes'.
YOu don't need success to dislike capeshit.

>everything
Sabretooth is still a reformed citizen

If you pare this story down into a few smaller parts focusing on characters that he had previously written as featured characters, the book would've been great.
A crossover with Mags's book and maybe UXM would've been all it needed.

I despise events.

I believe that entirely. Source though?

Name one.

Not that user, but Remender has one type of character: Unlikeable asshole.

No wait, two types. Unlikeable asshole and worse asshole.

Seriously, that's his whole writing career right there. I want to like his stuff, but seeing everyone talk and act like I'm reading Uncanny X-Force again is tiring. I liked UXF. I thought it was a great use of those characters. But those characters were all unlikeable assholes to begin with. That was part of the appeal of a group about contract killers.

Now I'm starting to wonder if Remender is just a one-trick pony and this is going to be every book he writes forever.

>but Remender has one type of character: Unlikeable asshole.No wait, two types. Unlikeable asshole and worse asshole.

I can see that a bit, but the female lead in Tokyo Ghost doesn't fit that description. Neither does the lead in Low.

Thank the artists for that.

I'll try: He likes to write "Calm blue ocean" for multiple characters and it's noticeable.

That's it, and I don't think that's a flaw.
Not him btw.

Did you only read Uncanny X-Force?
I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to call anyone on his Secret Avengers roster an asshole other than maybe Hawkeye. Uncanny Avengers had understandable tensions, but the book was about working through that.
Flash wasn't an asshole in the slightest, which in his position was probably really damn hard.
Hank was a bit aloof in Rage of Ultron, but considering what had just happened in Secret Avengers, I think he's ok. Don't forget that he did sacrifice himself to save Vision.
>contract killers
Wut. Fantomex might be befitting of that. And during the events of UXF, nobody did it just for a paycheck.

Heath in Fear Agent wasn't an asshole, but certainly troubled.
Also

Oh, I also made the mistake of reading that arc where Emoverine kills Frank. After that, I blacklisted him forever.

Read more comics. He died and then was rebirthed by the FF, along with the rest of the Marvel Universe. See "Time Runs Out" and "Secret Wars" by Hickman.

The artists didn't write those characters.

No, but since they're good they made the books readable. Smart guy, Remender -- he gets good artists so people don't notice how weak the writing is.

It's not hypocritical unless he shits on mainstream writers idiot.

Do you even know what that word means?

Why?
So, other than that and UXF, what of his have you actually read?

Oh, I'm sure he's pissed at Marvel nowadays.

Look at the post above yours and follow the chain. This is a dedicated fisherman.

>>@86200111
Yet, he doesn't go around shitting on Marvel, which is the crux of the claim of hypocrisy

Because he hasn't been on a good book since Secret Avengers.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers was a great book.

It felt like classic Avengers and classic X-Men at the same time.

Anyone interested in a Remender storytiem?

I'm up for it.

Sure

Ok, I'm gonna get everything extracted.
I have to resub some weebshit first over the next couple days, but then I can get started in earnest. Actually I'm going out of town next weekend so I might wait til the next.

Uncle Ben is revealed to have been an abusive alcoholic who Peter had a troubled, love/hate relationship with.

Nice

This cover is so great since Havok doesn't even show up in the issue.

I wanted to see that scuffle.

No but you need success to no look like a salty bitch, something you clearly haven't mastered.

That's what happens when an arc in your book gets turned into an event that's reworked six times to fit with the ever changing status quo.

Wrong, although Secret Avengers is definitely underrated.

>I don't understand what I just read
another day on Sup Forums

>Secret Avengers is definitely underrated.
It really is.

>sauce

different user, that interview was so long ago i don't even have it bookmarked anymore. besides that i'm not even sure if it was an audio interview or not

the experience he described sounded horrible though

Any of you gonna check out 7 to Eternity?
OpeƱa is on art.

Gonna be great

Shame that most of the later covers were by Arthur Adams, really don't care for his work. This one's great though, and actually matches the interior's story content.

I don't think I've liked remender anymore than now

Thanks user

>Shame
Oh man I love those covers.
This is my favorite of the batch. Floof 4 lyfe

best i could find was his reddit ama comment, there is an interview out there where he talks about it getting reworked over and over from what it originally was though

>Axis was 9 issues completed in 3 months. A book like Secret Wars is 9 issues told in what, a year? With one artist and the full support of the company. It's hard to compare the events they do given the very different circumstances of each. For me, it was a crazy schedule. That coupled with all the moving pieces in the MU, losing cast, swapping cast out, feeding 4 different artists, other books plans, it was never a primary event, none of the big books tied in so you can't really do much with those cast members, what I could get them to agree to change vs what I wanted, it was all a bit of a nightmare that I'd never do again. That said, I like the book. It's a fun bit of summer blockbuster popcorn super hero business.

Damn. I'd have liked it if it could've been a big crossover through several different series, but I feel like the core book hurt a lot.