Where were you

Where were you,
when they built the Ladder to Heaven?
Did it make you feel like crying?
Or did you think it was kinda gay?
Well I for one believe in the Ladder to Heaven
Ooh yeah yeah yeah.....9/11
I said 9/11, 9/11, 9/11....9....9-11

When 9/11 happened I was playing a shitty dress up dollmaker game. Allah snackbar

I was thinking about that this morning

I'll watch it when I get off from work

I don't know exactly what i was doing, but i know i was on the internet. A friend wrote me a message that i should turn on the tv, an Ufo(as in unidentified flying object, not alien thing) crashed in the twintowers, so i did. And i was like "Huh, so a plane crashed into two buildings..." and went back to whatever i was doing on the internet.

Yeah I kinda thought terrorist attacks were more or less normal at the time. I remembered the failed attempt from a few years before and figured if they're trying to bomb buildings in major cities, one day they'll get through. I was in 6th grade I think.

HEYHEY
LET'S GO
KINKITSARUUU
TSATSISUSUMONO
PROTECT MY BALLS

What a beautiful song :'(

I was at school. Was kinda bumbed, if only because I kinda wanted to see the towers close up one day. Won't get to.

Sitting in front of a computer.

I was actually in Japan visiting family at the time...I remember it was all over the news even there.
My dad decided to extend our stay by another week because we were weary of flying.

Sitting in CAD class.

Principal comes on the intercom out of nowhere, in tears, saying we "should pray for the people in New York and Washington". We give out a collective "Huh?"

Luckily we were all at computers, so it only took five seconds to look it up.

How old were you? Do you live in the US?

At school. They let us go early, but I think that's just because we lived in a town about an hour away from the city. Mom wanted me to stay home for like a few days after that.

In school, in social studies. Principal announces to the classes for the teachers to turn on their tvs.

One kid started bawling and had to go home. I don't remember doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Comics.

I didn't even know it happened until 4th grade
We were each assigned states and I got new york
Either there wasn't enough information on the attacks in 2004 or my google fu hadn't blossomed because I ended up drawing a picture of a tower falling on some dude and they were both screaming "AAAAAAAAAAH"

I was a little kid laying naked (or in briefs maybe) in front of the TV, wondering why all the tv shows and cartoons had been replaced with the news.

That's what happened to me. Someone had told me, not sure if it's true, that those Columbine kids had wanted to do the same thing.

I just figured every landmark was at a certain amount of risk for stuff like that. I went "Huh, figured someone would get around to it" right in the middle of class.

Then I realized my friend who went to Stuyvesant High was maybe in a bunch of danger and it got upsetting.

At school.
A few days later, my parents took me to Disney Land because the ticket prices dropped like crazy.

>Be Britbong
>At school
>Feel like complete shit all day
>Decide to tough it out and get the bus home rather than get my mother to pick me up
>Sitting in schoolbus trying to stop myself throwing up
>DJs on radio are super serious instead of their usual wacky self, saying that there's been an attack on the twin towers
>Think they're talking about Petronas Towers in Malaysia
>Wonder why the radio has suddenly become concerned about stuff on the other side of the world, generally they don't give a shit
>Get home, collapse into bed
>Mother comes in, turns on my TV and sits on the end of my bed to watch
>MUM PLEASE I'M REALLY SICK PLZ GO

I think I missed the gravitas.

>2001 computers
probably more like 5 minutes

Fuck, that's brilliant.

>A few days later, my parents took me to Disney Land because the ticket prices dropped like crazy.

Something like that, yeah.

It happened during the last hour of my school day, I went home and wanted to watch cartoons but saw the news. I didn't really understand what was going on so I just got mildly annoyed I couldn't watch cartoons so I turned off the tv and played games.

I have absolutely no idea what I did on when the plane hit but seeing as I'm Yurobean I was probably asleep.

Same

Uh, but guys, it woulda been the middle of the day for you I'm pretty sure...

It was morning, I was getting ready for school. At first it didn't occur to me what a huge deal it was but then when I got on the bus and everybody was talking about it and then in school where we didn't have any classes all day and just sat in the library and watched the news it got scary

So?

i was in 4th grade and i only vaguely remember them stopping class and putting the news on and a bunch of kids getting taken home early by their parents.

cause obviously a terrorist attack in new york means that this random school in florida is in danger.

Hey, why do you think Disney World closed for the day?

Pff, I live in New York State, and all they did was cancel after school activities. They wanted people to be able to go home and try to contact loved ones and shit. They chased people out of the library for trying to skip class and watch the news.

disney world makes sense as a target though cause its such a high profile spot. i mean i get why the parents were scared but i still think its silly

I think a lot of it was just them trying to attract business because so many people were avoiding flying/celebrating. My parents had a big wedding anniversary party planned for the following weekend and they postponed it because they figured nobody would be in the mood to party.

>1st grade, for some reason was in the ramp going to the gym that morning
>see a TV on a cart with the news on, showing the twin towers
>later actually go to class, teacher tells us

I actually remember very little of that day, but I was fucking 7.

This is literally the first thing that pops into my head whenever 9/11 gets brought up.

My parents did the same with Disney World, but more like a month later. My mom also taught some class in Canada because she was willing to get on a plane.

I was watching You've Been Framed, and it was showing people falling over and getting hit in the bollocks. I went and got a drink and came back and it showed someone running into a coffee shop/cafe and they fell over and I laughed, turns out this person was running from falling debris or something and they probably died.

lmao fucking pussy

I was getting ready for school in the morning.
I walked into the kitchen and my dad was still home which was the first clue that something was off, he would leave for work at 0530 and it was like 0630 or so. He had it on the news but I wasn't paying attention and honestly thought it was a movie.

Went to school and it was a semi normal day. Some classes tried to teach, others had it on the TV's.

It's
>kinka suru
Let's fight
>taisetsu no mono
The precious/important/cherrished thing [the balls]

t. reformed weeb

A ladder to heaven? That's fucking stupid.

I was 7 when it happened and on the opposite coast, I don't really remember.

When I comprehended that planes had flown into skyscrapers, it sounded to me like an accident, like the Titanic.

Kenka, not kinka

You're right.

>be in the bread basket
>Hear eagles crying outside my window
>I stick my head out accidentally knocking off the apple pie that was cooling there
>The kids that were normally playing baseball were instead staring at the sky
>I look up to see thousands of eagles each carrying a tattered flag fly to the east
>I start quitly humming the star spangled banner around the burger that had appeared in my mouth
>reaching over to my kitchen gun shelf I removed my tactical bear slaying baby killing assault rifle and hold it high
>By the humming of my voter registration card and my draft card I knew it was time to fight for murrica

It was my freshman year of college. I woke up to take a piss, and some guy in the hallway said, "you see the news? It's the end of the world, man." I think I was hungover.

Freshman year in highschool. I walked into history and our teacher had the TV wheeled out and turned on to the news. I remember having a bit of an "oh shit this is it" moment cause I've always been into post apocalyptic shit.