Was this the most perfect voice actor choice of all time?

Was this the most perfect voice actor choice of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHnN1zhP_wk
youtube.com/watch?v=COtVW2SG-_M
legionsofgotham.org/TOONSbtasBTStimcurryasjoker.html
toonzone.net/forums/threads/has-anyone-actually-heard-tim-curry-voice-the-joker-before.4215581/
youtube.com/watch?v=kI-FxbJ8g1k
youtu.be/zlrz2Wj2aGw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor.

DCAU did a good job choosing a lot of their VAs.

Paul Reubens as BatMite

(though Weird Al wouldn't have been bad either)

You spelled Corey Burton and Brainiac wrong.

Yes. Often discussed at length by myself and the brethren. What Ironside did was both subtle and unique and ultimately brought this character to life in a way that I never thought possible. He was doing this syncopated thing with his speech pattern that sounded crazy as fuck too.

Hamill as Joker. Most VAs fit the role. Hamill revolutionized his.

This

I can't even read a comic with Joker now that doesn't have me visualizing his voice.

Sometimes the perfect casting is hiring the perfect person to do the casting...

So much this. The DCAU managed to get voice actors that did their characters so spot-on it's almost impossible to hear a character in another form of media without immediately noticing how inferior it is to the DCAU. Hell, Volcana being in Superman TAS and JLU now makes me get a boner every time I watch Frasier.
youtube.com/watch?v=YHnN1zhP_wk

Same with me and Poison Ivy. Diane Pershing voice has that sexyness that fits Ivy to a T. That sultry voice that no other VA could match

How did it even come to be? I mean who had the idea that Mark Hamill of all people could pull off such a perfect Joker voice?

Like did Andrea Romano just contact him on the off chance he would nail it?

He first auditioned for the role of Freeze, but ended up voicing Ferris Boyle. Production liked Hamill that he got called to audition for The Joker, since (according to Romano) Tim Curry Joker was too scary, he auditioned and did the Joker laugh, Production was blown away by Hamill than he was immediately signed as Joker voice

Ahem.
youtube.com/watch?v=COtVW2SG-_M

I thought the voice Curry did was too straining?

For a short, marvelous second, from the catalog's picture I thought this was Karl Pilkington next to Darkseid. I'd love to hear that

According to this sites it was because it was scary/too dark

legionsofgotham.org/TOONSbtasBTStimcurryasjoker.html

toonzone.net/forums/threads/has-anyone-actually-heard-tim-curry-voice-the-joker-before.4215581/

God everything about season 3 of Reboot was so perfect.

This is secretly a DCAU VA thread. You can post other VAs if you'd like but what really matters is the DCAU.
youtube.com/watch?v=kI-FxbJ8g1k

"Well, destroying all life might lead to happiness. Not wrong, innit?"

>visualizing his voice

user is a synesthesiac?

I'll never understand the love for Brown as Luthor. Like he did a great job and all, I just don't connect him with the character as much as say Conroy as Batman or Hammil as Joker.

Also Henry Winkler as Ambush Bug in an entire episode about jumping the shark.

>What's he got all those parrot demons knockin about for, anyhow? He's already as strong as Superman. I say get rid of em. Don't need em.

Should cast him for the DCEU.

Mongul in Justice League.

Guy's delivery was perfect.
>Happy birthday Kryptonian, I give you oblivion

>I just don't connect him with the character as much as say Conroy as Batman or Hammil as Joker.
That's because you're a shitty batfag.

How does not thinking Brown is the perfect Luthor have anything to do with Batman?

I want Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor Sr. Have him come in on Man of Steel 2 alongside Eisenberg and have the whole father/son dynamic contrast with them and Superman with his ghost dads.

Yep. Underrated right here. She was great in that one documentary about VAs.

I love Curtis Armstrong's voice, he's not in enough things.
youtu.be/zlrz2Wj2aGw

jesus christ
I dont remember robotnik being this horrifying in SATAM

"GOTY?"

"No."

James Earl Jones as Darth Vader?

Eric Roberts is a fucking amazing villain.

I lust after this woman.
Would you Sup Forums?

I've always been baffled why this hasn't happened yet. But I've recognized for awhile how underappreciated Mr. Brown is.

Tony Jay who voiced Megabyte on Reboot, but he died in 06. Loved his voice.