15 years later and there is still no better capeshit trailer

15 years later and there is still no better capeshit trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=0KW8stZ2jSQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM
youtube.com/watch?v=KsdD1MJXOpk
youtube.com/watch?v=fVnBBjjjAnY
youtube.com/watch?v=enmFqm_N_ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=d96cjJhvlMA
youtube.com/watch?v=EXeTwQWrcwY
youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KJJvhti4TkY
youtube.com/watch?v=OsKjfJ1sUIk
youtube.com/watch?v=pFvIdTbaMhA
youtube.com/watch?v=NUjMO_k9IF8
youtube.com/watch?v=aT7lVb1VfH4
youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA
youtu.be/QZdcBjwrkl4
youtu.be/TFmDD3iYZHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AHK-sHcOxIg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixlt9ly9OVs
youtube.com/watch?v=voxI4h7Jzmo
youtube.com/watch?v=n-OihDQCgN0
youtube.com/watch?v=dv-7FY5gm0w
youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop lying, op. That doesn't have even the tiniest fraction of the special effects in the new Dr. Strange trailers.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM

Batman v superman comic con trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=KsdD1MJXOpk

I haven't seen the original Spider-Man in years. It never really hit me til now just how dated it was, that unity festival scene more than anything.
>LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MACY GRAY!
I was fucking ten years old when this movie came out, and I have never been as hyped for anything since. I had the cereal, the toys, the official novelization, t-shirts, and those last few hours leading up to finally seeing it felt like the longest I'd ever been through.

I still have the book around here somewhere, it came with mail-in coupon in the back for three free issues of Ultimate Spider-Man that got me hooked. I was always miffed my parents wouldn't let me send off for the full subscription after the last issue came.

>Special Effects
>indicator of quality

Not exactly. I mean, look at the Godfather. It has even a slimmer fraction of "effects" than Spider-Man does of yours, and it's a madly greater film.
Granted, movies can be greatly enhanced by cool SFX, like uh, Jurassic Park, they really the context to be considered. I mean look at Avatar, the SFX are incredible but the movie lacks sorely.

Admittedly, I did find the Inception sequences in the Doc Strange trailer pretty invigorating, but I don't think it's the best I've seen. I don't think I agree with OP either.

>arguing about trailers

Wrong.

This is

youtube.com/watch?v=fVnBBjjjAnY

There's a scene in the rain where MJ's nipples can be seen, how was this movie PG-13?

>opens with Matrix music

I'm going to have to stop you right there in the first second of the trailer.

Spider-Man 2 has a better trailer.
I was so hyped when I saw this.
youtube.com/watch?v=enmFqm_N_ZE

youtube.com/watch?v=d96cjJhvlMA

Call this a meme movie all you want. This trailer hyped the world and the film didn't disappoint.

I was kind of hoping this one has the twin towers in it still

>muh American values

Man, the train fight is still one of the best superhero action sequences ever committed to film.

Despite how cheesy these movies are in hindsight, that Danny Elfman score still gets the blood pumping.

They had to spark the sexual awakening of a generation somehow!

ahh, the times when superhero movies were MADE not mass produced.

really, WB get your shit together. Tired of disney's formula.

The scene would be perfect if it wasn't for Toby's stupid constipation face.

>formula

If there's a "Marvel formula", it's called making a good movie. Whoever coined that fucking phrase is a genius.

Superhero movies are still MADE. Stop being an asshole.

more like mass produced.

At least Disney seems to be keeping things fresh with new concepts.
Each character franchise is looking to have a somewhat different setting/tone to keep things fresh.

Dr Strange is gonna be a trippy fantasy flick, Homecoming is gonna be a John Hughes-esque highschool rom-com, Ragnarok is gonna be a buddy/roadtrip movie across the nine realms, Vol 2 is gonna be a space opera, etc.

They're all similar in tone, so they mesh together in the MCU, but the settings and stories are suited to the individual character. Getting a date to the prom isn't gonna be a problem in a Thor movie and finding a magical maguffin isn't gonna be a problem in a Spider-Man flick.

Was just about to post this. Holy fuck the whole theater was hyped as fuck the first time this played

This right here.
The movie still holds up. Better than the first I'd say.
Easily my favorite capeshit.

>tfw this released on your birthday

>Implying GotG would be the same if James Gunn wasn't at the helm
>Implying Homecoming would look even remotely promising if Sony held the reigns
>Implying the Russos weren't directly responsible for everything good about Winter Soldier and Civil War
>Implying anything in the MCU besides Iron Man 2 is "mass produced" when compared to "Amy Pascal wants her Aunt May movie" at Sony and "test audiences/marketability projections control every aspect of our film" at WB

Marvel ain't flawless, but they get strong talent and let them do their thing; they understand that fans of the source material are a picky bunch and that, if they want a franchise that'll last for DECADES like they're planning, the content has to be solid, as opposed to just being profitable in a box office/toys sense.

Dark Knight was better in every way as a movie and a trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=EXeTwQWrcwY

You are incorrect. The first Man of Steel trailer gives me shivers even now. So much wasted potential.
youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ

>2002

okay, you got a point, but the other two need to get their shit together or else we'll get too used to same shit in a couple of years

That first Watchmen trailer deserves a mention.

I haven't watched that in 8 years but I watched it so many times I have everything memorized.

Not that user, but
I'm kinda bored with the Marvel movies, howeverI was talking with some friends about how it's nice they have enough money to just support doing some neat sequences on camera. Like the big nova core shield sequence in GotG was really neat to watch. The Ant-Man fight sequences were also neat to watch, just for the novelty of them.

I like seeing creative things on camera. Even if the movie isn't that great, I still get enjoyment out of that.

You're dumb. That's the movie we got plus a 30 minute action/destruction scene tacked on.

I remember getting home from middle school and watching this on my grandma's big clunky desktop, waiting like 10 minutes for the thing to buffer.
Who'da thunk we'd be where we are now, huh?
youtube.com/watch?v=KJJvhti4TkY

"Everything good" about Civil War didn't amount to much.

>tfw a 2 minute trailer is all the best parts of a 2 hours movie
Literally DC's strategy.
Imagine if they never hired Zack Snyder. Imagine if we got someone like George Miller or Stephen Spielberg, and ended up with a big, bright Superman movie that makes you leave the theater with tears of pure hope streaked down your face.
Imagine a world where WB made good decisions; we'd have so much good content right now.

Winter Soldier was overall better, but come on user:
>Implying Spider-Man wasn't perfect
>Implying this wasn't the hardest RDJ's had to act since the first Iron Man
>Implying this didn't feel like a natural climax in terms of character arcs
>Implying the "pick a side" dynamic wasn't perfectly done, since a fair enough case could be made for both Cap and Tony
>Implying the action in the first five minutes wasn't better than everything in Age of Ultron
>Implying this wasn't the best "large scale team-up/Avengers-type" MCU movie

RDJ is actually pretty underrated in Civil War.

>myspace

jesus, that's old.

I was actually thinking that too. 2008 is about 3 or 4 years after Facebook really became a thing so I like to think it was an intentional RDJ slightly out-of-touch joke.

DC's biggest problem isn't even the tone, it's that they (and Snyder, but it comes from the studio) want a bunch of cool "moments" and don't think about crafting the scenes that build up to them.

They see all the complaints from Superman Returns about how Superman doesn't punch anyone, and make a movie where Superman punches people for thirty minutes. Complaints from MoS that Superman doesn't save anyone, so BvS has a montage.

WB's problem is that they simply don't know why people like superheroes, and are just trying to emulate what Marvel's doing while also doing the opposite. It doesn't work.

there's an alternate universe where WB did all that.

shane we weren't born there, but then their marvel would suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=OsKjfJ1sUIk

How can one thread be so wrong?

Because it's okay to fuck everyone you meet and to have a fetish over black dicks but nipples though a top are too much.

youtube.com/watch?v=pFvIdTbaMhA

I was just watching Spider-Man 2 the other night on HBO, and while it may just be nostalgia bias, the first two Raimi movies still crack me the fuck up. Especially the throwaway lines from the New Yorkers. Like when Peter is riding his motorcycle trying to deliver the pizzas, he bumps a car and someone yells "What, ah ya stupid??!!" Or who could forget "He stinks, and I don't like him!!!"

So much charm and goofy fun in those movies.

Boring movie posing as a sequel that isn't canon to anything.

In two years it will have been over a decade since it came out.

>SOME KINDA FREAKYLOO OR SOMETHIN' WACK A DOO.

i really thought this was his best performance since iron man 1

my brother saw him building a nest in the lincoln town center!

My all time favorite trailer, it actually managed to get me excited for a Snyder Watchmen movie.

The Lord of the Rings music never fails to make me laugh

Wake up guys, it's the baby duck syndrome:
You just like the first superhero movies because to you that is how all of them should be and since most of us are between 18 and 25 they are also the moview of our childhood / teenage years.

the bridge of khazad dum is such a good song

and whatd you think of the final product?

I prefer the trailer.

have you seen like the super delux version with the crimson corsair shit? ive not seen that version, just the directors cut and theatrical.

An absolutely beautiful piece

howard shore is really talented, its astounding to me how people can arrange and compose an entire symphony in such a way. the beauty of it, not even the song, just that humans can do that, brings a warmth to my cold dead heart

Crimson Corsair? I don't think so.

I did see the Ultimate cut which I think is much better than the theatrical version. I can't believe Hollis Mason's death was cut from the original.

Snyder should just make trailers.

his death scene is incredible imo. yea theres an even more delux version wherein they include the crimson corsair short film that zacky made with russel crowe. i dont know if they actually intercut the crimson corsaire scenes into the movie itself however, which is what i was going to ask you if you had seen it hahaha

You'd probably be making a dumb-ass face if you were stopping a train.

youtube.com/watch?v=aT7lVb1VfH4
I watched this one and the subsequent lego parodies endlessly.

I see.
>crimson corsair short film that zacky made with russel crowe
I've never heard of this.

Honestly I think Watchmen is an okay movie, just not as good as it should have been.

i liked it, but i do agree it shouldve been better, but i think the only way to have made it better wouldve been literally a 1:1 adaption

fuck me marisa tomei is so goddamn hot i could kill myself. that episode of seinfeld makes me want to die i would honestly leave susan if i were george and had a shot at tomei

Facebook wasn't big in 2008, everyone mainly used myspace until 2009, around the second half of that year facebook gained popularity very quickly and took over.

>you're not Superman you know

it's funny because it works both ways

I hate that fucking scene, just punching each other in the face over and over with no consiquence

>LEGO versions of that trailer
Fuck me it feels like I'm thirteen again.

It's crazy how much better Heath Ledger did at capturing the spirit of the character than Jared Leto.
Like, WB, are you even trying anymore? What happened man?

>Happens in public in broad daylight
>Keeps the mask on until after the fight's over
>Has to save civilians
>Bits of levity
>Tons of close calls and hard hits
>Literally every part of Spidey's powerset is given a moment to shine
>Super kinetic action, lots of acrobatic movement
>"You have a train to catch"
>Goes from a clocktower, to a train, to the street, back to the train

It's like the quintessential Spider-Man action sequence, user.

It's one of life's most beautiful aspects

I still think this takes the top. The music, the voiceover, the iconic images. It's all so perfectly put together. A shame the actual movie doesn't come close.

youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA

The cafe scene still irritates me. If peter and spider-man were two different people then peter would have died when he threw the car.

fuck, I remember showing my grandfather how to do the webshooter hand sign

That face is much better than making "le badass" face. It showed how hard he was trying.

There is a thin line before it veers into unintentional comedy, and Maguire crossed it.

Still a great scene, though.

youtu.be/QZdcBjwrkl4

youtu.be/TFmDD3iYZHQ

The movie was awful, but this got EVERYONE pumped back in 2003.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHK-sHcOxIg

I was eight and I remember seeing it in theaters, thinking it was gonna be a horror movie, and then BAM. It was awesome.

The thing about the Raimi films is that they're very aware they're based off of a comic book and have no shame in it.

>that bathroom scene where hulk breaks through the mirror
I pissed myself right there in the theater

The first three X-Men movies had awesome trailers. It's fallen by the wayside now, but back in the day they were as big as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies in terms of popularity.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ixlt9ly9OVs

youtube.com/watch?v=voxI4h7Jzmo

youtube.com/watch?v=n-OihDQCgN0

youtube.com/watch?v=dv-7FY5gm0w

How do we get X-Men movies very popular again without giving it to Marvel?

Get someone else to do it. Bryan Singer is good and jumpstarted the franchise, but he clearly doesn't care anymore. "X-Men: Apocalypse" was a cash-grab.

Lose Singer and force Jackman to come back.

What's this anime?

I actually didn't like that trailer back in the day because I thought it shown too much.

Also, call me a tool, but I really, really loved this trailer

In July 2013, 20th Century Fox hired Jeff Wadlow to write a film adaptation of the X-Men spin-off comic-book series X-Force, with Donner attached to produce. Mark Millar, the creative consultant for 20th Century Fox's Marvel Comics based films, stated that the film will feature five characters as protagonists. After the release of Deadpool, Reynolds felt that Deadpool would soon be in an X-Force film, while Kinberg stated that there was potential for X-Force to be R-rated like Deadpool. Kinberg has since reportedly been working on another draft of the script.

In October 2014, Josh Zetumer was hired to write the screenplay for a film about the character Remy LeBeau / Gambit based on the treatment by comic-book writer Chris Claremont. In June 2015, Rupert Wyatt was hired to direct but left in September due to schedule conflicts. In November, Doug Liman was in final negotiations to direct the film.The film will star Channing Tatum in the lead role. Donner, Kinberg, Tatum and Reid Carolin are attached as producers. Kinberg said that he hopes to start filming in spring 2016. Principal photography is scheduled to commence in late 2016, while filming is reported to start at the beginning of Spring 2017. In August 2016, Liman left the project to direct Dark Universe.

In May 2015, Josh Boone was hired to direct and write a film adaptation of The New Mutants comic-book series. Acting as a spin-off to the X-Men films, the film will be written by Boone and Knate Gwaltney, while Donner and Kinberg are attached to produce. In May 2016, Boone confirmed the characters that will appear in the film such as Illyana Rasputin / Magik, Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane, Danielle "Dani" Moonstar / Mirage, Samuel "Sam" Guthrie / Cannonball, Roberto da Costa / Sunspot, and Warlock. Kinberg has stated that the film will be very loyal to the comics. In August 2016, Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber were hired to write the script

Don't see him here

In September 2015, Kinberg said that a sequel for Deadpool was in development. By the release of Deadpool, 20th Century Fox had already greenlit the sequel, with Rheese and Wernick returning to write, and Miller being looked at to return as director. According to an Easter Egg at the end of the first film, the character Nathan Summers / Cable will appear in the film.
In May 2016, Kinberg said the next X-Men film will be set in the 1990s. He also acknowledged the possibility of re-adapting "The Dark Phoenix Saga" for the new timeline, which had been adapted in the original X-Men trilogy films.
or here. Is this a good sign?

It's reallly strange. Marvel just lost a feeling it had way back at the start of Phase 1. I guess it was more of this feeling of the unknown

Mark Strong as Lex? No, Billy Zane.

Looks like someone completely bought into the Marvel marketing.

Good goy.

Still better than Man of Murder.

'I am iiiron maaan' still gives me chills. Best trailer.

>marvel
>good movies

I guess you only watch capeshit.

I've honestly never been more hyped for a movie after seeing this trailer youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

I still don't hate it but I'm disappointed because of how good the trailer promised the movie would be