"This is a simple mining vessel"

>"This is a simple mining vessel"
I'm sorry, what?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=5af_1479766725
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he doesn't know what mining vessels look like
pleb

I thought that was melted chocolate smeared on a coffee table.

Yeah, one of many things that don't make a lick of sense about Star Trek 2009. It's one of my favorite films and I've seen it probably 20 times. Another: why do they spend so much time making black holes in the middle of planets when making them right next to planets would work just as well?

A ROMULAN "Mining Vessel." If I recall there was supposed to be some treaty that said they weren't supposed to be using any Borg tech either.

Would've been better if they dropped the black hole shit altogether and just had Nero use a mining laser to burn the surface of the planet instead.

Spikes Of Villainy, The Ship
Even the torpedoes were spikey.

Which is less realistic, the exterior or the interior? 300 years in the future and the Romulans still haven't invented handrails.

the blu-ray extras even say the ship was upgraded with salvaged borg technology

What about doctors Sorans trilithiam weapon?

I guess to be more dramatic? It would have been nice if they threw in some sciency thing about how it has to interact with the planets core to create a black hole.

>I'm sorry, what?

This is the Pioneering Spirit, a ship designed to move oil rigs. It masses about as much as three Nimitz-class aircraft carriers. Industrial equipment is often far larger than the largest military equipment, and can frankly be kind of spooky looking with all the assorted devices needed to do its work poking out here & there.

goddamn that's a big boat

And it also looks wonky, but sturdy as hell
OP's pic is just a fucking space jellyfish

With the green top and all those colored containers, it looks like some festive party island

cover story

You honestly think this whole "salvaged Borg technology" business doesn't make it all the more cringeworthy?

This is the level of story that I would come up with when I was 7 years old and smashing my action figures together.

Think of all the African migrants it could ferry to Italy.

This would become a faction when zombie apocalypse happens.

it is our humanitarian responsibility to seize this vessel to transport migrants to Italy while we work on finishing the bridge

good thing it was integral to the story and mentioned in the final cut

>it's okay to look like a piece of shit because it's part Borg
>it's okay to be part Borg because that's not official canon
Pick one. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's not that user's fault JJ thought mentioning the Borg in a movie that doesn't even feature them would confuse normies.

>those are the same 40ft containers seen here
Christ that thing is huge

Then there's no excuse for the ship looking like shit.

I'm sorry, what?

holy shit me too

fuck off merkel

I'm sorry, what?

>Zim
>Not adding Zam.

Remodeled with Borg tech to become an attack ship... read the comic

I hate to be "that guy", but they explain it in the tie-in comic.

>read the comic
"No."

For you

Does the CIA exist by the time of Star Trek?

I like to think they're supplying weapons to backwater pre-warp civilizations and capturing Big Guys

>projectile weapons
>borg tech

Section 31 does and they are basically CIA

I thought it was period blood soaked panties.

I'm just wondering what this meant for the reboot Romulus. While old Spock probably explained everything to the Federation, there are probably still a number of Starfleet admirals scared at the thought of a giant Romulan ship that can destroy planets. Not to mention how the Klingons and Cardassians would react to the attacks.

All I know is the Romulan reaction to a ship destroying Vulcan, a brand new Federation fleet, and nearly destroying Earth

Oh yeah, I remember that between Kirk being born and joining Starfleet, Nero was busy destroying Klingon ships. Wouldn't the Klingons get mad as fuck at the Romulans, and not give a shit that those were Romulans from another timeline? And it would result in a Starfleet-Klingon alliance happening much earlier, with paranoid admirals, scared at the thought of more future Romulans with black hole weapons, teaming up with the Klingon empire to wage war with the Romulans?

But we didn't get that.

posted an abortion of a gif, kill me

Would they really be that happy? They might hate Earth and the Vulcans, but there's a Neutral Zone for a reason. If a bunch of other guys calling themselves Romulans wreck Starfleet's shit up but stop short of killing them all off, then that means everyone's gonna blame the reboot Romulans for essentially committing an act of war.

The components of the weapons could be borg tech.

"No."

How about they're from 200 years in the future and don't need some convoluted excuse like 'borg tech' to explain how they swat federation ships so easily

yeah wow a big boat, much spook

>dude read the comic lmao
That comic was shit though
Pocket Books handles the post-Nemesis time period better than people who wanna be like "lol Data takes over B-4 and becomes captain of the Enterprise-G"

Like there was still bad blood between Earth and the Romulans long after that war ended, so imagine a giant ship from the future claiming that they were Romulans pissing off both Starfleet and the Klingons. You're suddenly in a conflict you never could have seen coming, while two civilizations that normally despise each other now have a good reason to team up against you.

No, they're the half-sized 20ft versions. The slots they're sitting in are equipped for the 40ft standards tho

why is there ankle deep water in the room where they interrogate Pike?

Too bad in JJTrek though there's barely any continuity between the 3 movies so far.
Don't wanna confuse those normies.

>Ship has unlimited ammunition
>"FIRE EVERYTHING"
>Ship fires about 12 missiles

everything was the romulan codeword for one specific missile pod I guess

Imagine sinking it with all of them onboard.

fuck off Sup Forums

you're just as bad as the sjw's

Hey guys, should we go to Romulus and hand over our tech knowledge as well as a 150 year warning that it will be destroyed? Nah, pool party in space!

>he lost WWII with everything in his favor for years

Their loss is one of the greatest tragedies in world history.

at least they would have offed you for being a faggot

>Allseas has committed to building an even larger version of the same design, Amazing Grace, the delivery of which is planned for 2022

Hoooooolly fuuuuuck

God damn what a monster. The crazy fucks are building an even bigger version as we speak. I need to see it side by side with a nimitz class for scale.

>simple mining ship

mother base

It's mother base but capable of moving.

I wonder how many gallons of fuel it burns just to accelerate to 1 nautical mile per hour

>"You're just as bad as the SJWs"
you are but a simple pleb.

I wonder what JJ thought a 24th Century Romulan Warbird looked like. probably a spiky Death Star.

>read the comic

Any movie that needs a comic book or novelization to plug up its plot holes is not well written.

part of me thinks they commission those books for that very reason.

the spice must flow

>This is a simple mining vessel
When are we gonna finally realise Germans are still the bad guys

We're well aware Frau Merkel and the German cuck party are killing Europe. Don't let wehrboos fool you.

This is assuming Bajor has been found? Aren't the Cardassians beyond the wormhole?

>Aren't the Cardassians beyond the wormhole?
No, they're on this side of the wormhole, but I don't think they've made contact with the federation until shortly before next gen.

no, the Dominion is. Bajorans were able to get to Cardassia Prime with a ship that used sails to go to warp.

Nero literally said he doesn't speak for the Empire and stands alone.

I love this movie but god damn the plot is fuckin stupid and Nero is such a bad villain. I mean did he not understand that Spock was trying to save his planet?

it was some gay "blinded by rage" thing. they even had him acknowledge that they could prevent the destruction of Romulus, but he didn't care because his family "already" died, whatever that means when time travel is involved.

Why would anybody believe him?

Daily reminder that day of the rope will start out in Italy. No, I'm not Italian, but I just know.

Here ya go buddy

liveleak.com/view?i=5af_1479766725

this desu

>>"This is a simple mining vessel"
>I'm sorry, what?

You stupid shits have been talking about the day of the rope for literally decades now. What's it like being so impotent? Say what you will about ISIS, but at least those jihadis aren't just sitting at home talking about the day of the sword; they go out and make their dream a reality.

And why does JJ think you can see planets being destroyed all the way from other solar systems?

More importantly, why did he repeat this mistake again in Star Wars? I can understand why he made this mistake the first time, but why did nobody else go up to him afterwards and inform him that it was a mistake? Did none of his friends, family members or coworkers notice this mistake and have the courage to talk to him about it?

@86208379

Hey Marcus,

this is officer Gonzales from the federal bureau of investigation. I would like to remind you that it is illegal to actively promote acts of violence, be it in real life or over the internet.

Consider this your first warning.

Kind regards,

J. Gonzales
FBI contact ID: UA553-178-28

that looks awesome i wold love to see it up close

i love giant things like this, i rmember i used to drive past the downtown of auckland in nz and some of the cruise ships were just enourmous, like floating skyscrapers

Why would anyone believe anything?

Are you saying that it's unreasonable because of the shape of the ship or its amount of firepower?

another simple mining vessel

closer

They had a comic book that went into detail about Nero's origins. It was a mining vessel that was outfitted with Borg tech. That's why nothing on it looks Romulan. Kinda stupid but what do you expect from JJ and Kurtzman.

>nothing on it looks Romulan
I disagree, I think it looks far more like Praetor Shinzon's ship from Nemesis than a borg ship.

BASED Isaac Clark

>huge black ship
>interior is huge dark cavernous hall
Having life support in that huge space must be a bitch. The interior could just be reasonably sized TNG-sets instead.

I see big collumns to store ore in. How does that relate to a couple dozen big spines, especially when the Trek ship mines with a laser?

Different timelines.
Nero's family from his timeline is dead.

Supposedly if they saved Nero's planet in the timeline that the protagonists belong to, it still wouldn't change the timeline that Nero came from.