Why does Sup Forums hate contemporary architecture so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate contemporary architecture so much?

It's ugly

Normally I don't mind it but holy shit that building looks like shit

Too many differing aesthetic elements prevent it from holding a comfortable theme

do we need more answers?

no taste

Has there been any successful fusion of styles?

That thing without the edgy part would be unironically a bland, ugly and boring building.

This building gets a lot of hate, don't see why to be honest.

its designed by people who don;t live next to their grotesque creations

Let’s do a comparison.

it's a fucking eyesore

Ah yes, much better.

it's a century old museum, would make sense for it to look bland. They did upgrades on another side to make it more "grand" and new, but on this side we see the retarded ass crystal

looks better from other sides desu

Europeans pretend to themselves they hate skyscrapers because they don't have many and that they only like old buildings. It's basically sour grapes

I can understand why people prefer older buildings but I don't know where the "all new buildings are shit" mentality comes from, some new architecture is great imo

This but unironically

Horrible, boring, bland.

Big improvement.

No one claims all new buildings are shit, a large majority are tho, form is a part of function and creating depressing spaces, both interior and exterior, is a major flaw for much of what is going up today.

post your skylines, rate others

philly here

whoops

There's literally nothing wrong with modernism when done right.

What conservacucks like to do is cherrypick the failed examples because they're deathly afraid of everything new.

Almost as if it's possible to make ugly buildings no matter the architectural style.

another

Atlanta

Pic related is a failed example I take it?

If I were an architect I would make all the buildings as reflective as possible, because fuck everyone's eyes

every building a god damned mirror