Virginia Governor Restores Voting Rights To 13,000 Felons

>Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe has restored voting rights to almost 13,000 felons on a case-by-case basis after the state Supreme Court blocked his wider clemency effort, he said on Monday.

>The announcement by McAuliffe, a Democrat, came a month after the high court blocked an executive order issued in April that had restored voting rights to more than 200,000 felons who had completed their sentences.

>The order was seen as a possible aid in tipping Virginia, a swing state in this year's presidential election, in favor of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Opinion polls have shown her leading Republican candidate Donald Trump in the state.

>McAuliffe said he had signed the restoration orders last week for almost 13,000 felons who had had their voter registrations canceled under the court ruling. The orders were mailed on Friday.

>"I am not content to condemn them for eternity as inferior and second-class citizens," he said in a ceremony at the Virginia Civil Rights Memorial in Richmond, the state capital.
reuters.com/article/us-virginia-felons-idUSKCN10X1UD

It's over, Hillary will win now.

She'll win that state no doubt.

>The announcement by McAuliffe, a Democrat, came a month after the high court blocked an executive order issued in April that had restored voting rights to more than 200,000 felons who had completed their sentences.

I was not aware that was blocked.. I thought it had went through but hardly any of them bothered to register to vote anyways.

>13,000

wow, its fucking nothing... and of course how many of them will care enough to vote.

The simple response is to find this guy in the emails. Either that or some scandal, all Democrats in power have a scandal they want to never see the light of day.

>all politicians in power have a scandal they want to never see the light of day.

fixed

>If you can't do the crime, don't do the time!
>Well I did my time, so I plan to act as a normal citizen now
>Fuck you, you don't have rights!

Also if republicans shrunk government like their platform likes to advertise they could easily get those prison votes.

virginia residents are confirmed cucks.

Why shouldn't criminals who've served their time be allowed to vote? Are we not supposed to reintroduce people into society after they've paid their debts after all?

Plus, you revoke your freedoms when you break the law and then get them back when you pay your debt.

>t. ex-con degenerate

Then the right to own firearms should be restored as well.
I kind of support this, on a very strict, case by case basis.

Now restore their gun rights

>implying the debt can every be repaid

>so I plan to act as a normal citizen now

You don't know any felons do you?

Sigh.... we need another civil war.

t. Lolbertarian

When politicians start openly playing these tricks you know the republic is in trouble.

BLACK VOTES MATTER

Trump doesn't need Virginia though. He needs Florida and Pennsylvania.

>voting rights for land-owning citizens
>no fuck that
>we'll just let every retard vote

Whats the point of prison sentences then? just make every crime an automatic death sentence

Drama queen much? They just can't vote, they're not hanging them from the gallows dipshit

>How many votes are we going to lose by?
>500?
>Jail 501 of our opposition's supporters!

Crime gets you a punishment

Punishment is not limited to just the time in Jail, you have proven yourself to lack basic societal functions; thus we no longer hold you to the standards of others.

Voting is a DUTY not a RIGHT, if you are a felon you are no longer able to carry that responsibility so it is striped from you.

Yes, that's certainly what happens.

this is the problem with the American justice system and why incarceration rates are so high and why there are so many repeat offenders

and no you idiot, as long as you are a citizen and the government is ran by the people then you have a right to vote

Bullshit tbqh
The founding fathers obviously didn't think so

Because they're 98% dumb niggers who will go back and are a drain on society

The Blue Wall holds. CO, PA, VA, NH. 10+ point leads in all of them. The rest of the map doesn't even matter. HRC has this shit on lock.

there are repeat offenders because people who commit crimes are low IQ trash who shouldn't be allowed to have kids, drive, vote; These people cannot be fixed because their issues are biological in nature and no treatment will fix them.

That's not a strong argument.
Source?

>People of color, particularly African Americans, are over-represented at each stage of the Virginia criminal justice system. In Virginia, African Americans comprise roughly 20 percent of the adult population. In the justice system, they comprise:
>47.4 percent of all arrests
>76.2 percent of robbery arrests
>52.2 percent of aggravated assault arrests
>60.8 percent of state prison inmates (For every white person incarcerated in Virginia, six African Americans are behind bars)
They din du nuffin

The 13k matters.

That's 13k more absentee ballots they can fraudulently submit.

It sets a precedent. Soon they'll get blanket clemency.

> 10%
> its fucking nothing
no

You know what would be funny, all those felons decide to vote against her.

As funny as that WOULD be... They're mostly black, user.

I thought I had the piuc, but I can't find it. Anyone got the version where africa has like, the entire earth and a smaller africa inside it?

Yes, the debt of selling a dimebag of weed. Such a burden to society

Thanks for sharting on the record.

>Obvious Shill.

How Uneducated are you niggers?
I mean Really? You really think 13,000 VOTES, 13,000 will really change the election. God you're fucking stupid.

Believing Rigged Polls too? I laugh at your stupidity. Trump has this election on lock. NO DOUBTS.