Tell me about the folklore in your country

Tell me about the folklore in your country

there's neat folklore in my part of the country but if I post any of it I know I won't get a reply so I won't bother

It is relatively unknown or mistaken as simply children's stories. Our folklore is influenced by Italian, Arabic, and Greek folklore,
where we have similar creatures/stories.

there's neat folklore in my part of the country but if I post any of it I know I won't get a reply so I won't bother

The mountain a couple miles away is supposedly the corpse of a giant that attacked the white men trying to settle here

I'll reply, I can't guarantee my reply will be good but I'll reply

I actually kinda like American folklore and I don't just mean Native American but stuff like Paul Bunyan and Jackalopes

We've got quite a unique tradition that was made all the more complex with some aditions from Spain.

We have both Native American folklore and white folklore.

folklore? what's that?

Giant albino alligators in the sewers for you.

There's this big fairy-horse Bayard who could carry the four Aymon sons at once that Charlemagne drowned because
>xdd muh christianity and stuff
rip bayard everybody loved you

My state has the Bell Witch, which is supposedly the ghost of witch who fucked with a family back in the early 1800s and which now resides in the caves out in the east of the state.

One of the ur-examples of found footage cinema is based partially on the legend.

In the folkminnesarkiv there's writings of people telling stories about Odin into the early 20th century, pretty cool shit. He usually has two horses instead of one 8-legged one as in the stories recorded in Iceland though.

the Finnish war god, Iku-Turso will rise up from the sea when it's time for the world to end. he will destroy everything. Pic somewhat related- an artist's rendition
>Quetzalcoatl
"the snake in the sky"
I've seen him. When I was 16 I ate some magic mushrooms on a beach and I saw the great snake in the sky. The clouds in the sky slithered like a snake.

The thing is - my brother ate some magic mushrooms with me and he saw the same snakes too. so it must be common

The natives who originally came up with Quetzalcoatl were not lying, they were most probably describing what they saw. the same snakes in the sky me and my brother witnessed

similar to yours, only we trolls are substituted for giants and elves for fairies

I was referring to Pennsylvania Dutch folklore, which is actually pretty substantial. There's also the Pennsylvania gypsies who were Pennsylvania German speaking in the past who had their own wacky religion

there's a lot of New York/Jersey Dutch folklore, that one Lovecraft story The Lurking Fear is based upon a story about the Van Cleef family

wow, Finland is hardcore af

sure is. all memes aside you'd do well to try some of our truly life changing mushrooms. teach you some manners

blood

what activities does one engage in after taking shrooms(for maximum enlightenment)?
asking because i'm considering taking them soon

So this is your...'secret potion'?

>Tell me about the folklore in your country
It's spooky and violent

looking at a screen never seems important when on shrooms. just laying around on your lawn looking at the sky or going through the forest while listening to some tunes is pretty good. Have some food prepared before the trip, you might not be able to get any during it. Also, have sunglasses on whenever you're outside because your eyes are gonna look fucking weird

thanks based finn

nothing you couldn't learn from erowid or psychoactive vault really

but yeah, you couldn't pay me to go order fast food while on shrooms. I'd much rather eat a Dr. Oetker frozen pizza than visit a restaurant of any kind

my rez had this weird old story youd tell the kids, so that that there not home late, called the rolling head.
basically its a chopped off head thats on fire and it comes out to eat/harm disobeying children.
nothing too complex. just your friendly neighbourhood flaming head

Rez stories in general are peak spoopy

probably your mum lol