Can Sup Forums explain in detail why Jerry is supposed to be shit?

Can Sup Forums explain in detail why Jerry is supposed to be shit?
Justin is petty enough to base him on someone he knows, and desu I relate to Jerry but I can't pinpoint why he supposed to be annoying,

He can't make decisions for himself. When he does take charge, it usually ends in embarrassment and/or disaster. He whines a lot and can be very harsh when he gets even a taste of superiority.

There's a lot to dislike about him.

Gross incompetence and mostly lives in denial of it, clinging to his claim to authority as a father figure who can threaten to kick anyone out of his house. But then, he wouldn't be a father if Beth had been more careful in high school, and she probably made more money to pay for the house than he did.

He'll attempt to abuse any bit of power or authority he's granted, but will cower away from any resistance.

Probably? She's a horse vet. Horse vets make some serious bank. Mid-level advertising agents not so much.

As for OP, Jerry is shit because he's spineless and dumb and kinda useless and, in spite of all that, extremely self-important. He's not an admirable person most of the time, though he has his moments.

Well, he's stupid, and gets cocky with power. Though, everyone on the show does too....Most likely, it's because he's the only one who tries to get in the way of Rick's craziness most of the time.

But even when its minor, he's still annoying to everyone. There's that one episode where he's pestering Summer about not liking him?He started a conversation and she said the question was annoying and she was being verbally held hostage.

He is the opposite to Rick, he is a simpleton completely dependent on others and a massive pussy
Plus it's mutual, Jerry doesn't give a fuck about Rick either, hell Rick cares more about the family than Jerry even tho he swamped family's a bunch of times already

He's fully dependent on others. Totally spineless. Useless person.

He stands up for himself in every episode from what I can tell.

Uh, Jerry does care about his family more than Rick. Rick only very recently was willing to sacrifice for the family. Jerry, when shit hits the fan is actually fairly reliable, and balls up.

That's just Jerry at his worst, or as Rick sees him.

For me, it's the Pluto episode that defines him.

In a show where Rick is a super smart scientist tackling big problems (many of which he creates), you have Jerry, who not only thinks a Solar System diagram is a great science project but refuses to acknowledge that actual scientists have made Pluto not a planet.

Regardless of whatever antics he'd do, Rick simply wouldn't give a crap about that. But Jerry gets bogged down in that definition -- not even trying to understand *why* Pluto isn't a planet anymore -- and only by the show's natural tendency towards weirdness does anything interesting happen (whereas, concurrently, Rick is fucking over Satan and his cursed antiques).

In a Rick-less world, Jerry would've bitched and moaned about Pluto not being a planet; the actual project turned in would have been crap and probably inaccurate if he were adamant enough; and everyone would've had a bad time.

>Can Sup Forums explain in detail why Jerry is supposed to be shit?
he's a coward in all aspects of his life

He manned the fuck up during an apocalypse though.

Spineless idiot who thinks he's better than he really is or ever will be.

Not really, Jerry tries to save himself, he is a coward. Rick has saved Morty and summer tons of times, Beth's is generally safe.

That's Summer being a shit.

I never got the impression that he was stupid but I only watched season 1

He stands up for his right to shit on Rick and claim Pluto is a planet. But he didn't stop his parents from getting into cuckoldry, Beth is looking for another man to ditch him for, he barely argued against his boss firing him, and he apparently gets himself killed by aliens often enough that Rick had to build a daycare center for him.

Jerry was trying to borrow money from her so summer was right all along

Boco if you're gonna have shit opinions stop tripfagging so often

Summer is still a shit.

That was s shit opinion?

>I never got the impression that he was stupid
>tries to apply the 14th Amendment to an alien half-breed
>"Planet, planet, planet!"

Yes it was.

He's totally right though.

I just thought he was way too prideful for the most part.

>Spineless idiot who thinks he's better than he really is or ever will be.
Sounds like the kind of guy who uses a trip.

What's wrong with your parents asking for money in their time of need?

The problem is Jerry can't humble himself to ask. He plays it off like he's got everything under control as if Summer is some idiot who can't tell how useless he is.

Its cool if your parents level with you, but Jerry can't let go of his pride.

So is that what Jerry is in a nutshell, stupid, prideful and very indirect? What's the worst one out of the three?

Being indirect isn't inherently bad and is even preferred by people in some situations. Stupidity and pride are enough to explain why he's a dick to Summer in that scene. If you want a third flaw to tack on, you could say he's spiteful since he's annoyed by Rick's existence and seems to get angry most of the times he doesn't understand something.