Ask me how prison was

Other urls found in this thread:

canadianappeals.com/2016/07/15/r-v-jordan-the-supreme-court-of-canada-dramatically-alters-the-framework-applicable-to-the-right-to-a-criminal-trial-within-a-reasonable-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it sucked

how prison was

Was a blast actually, most interesting time of my life

How was prison?

what did you do ?f

>was
But you're still there?

did you drop the soap often?

did you meet any colourful characters

>Aussie Flag
You are still in prison

Reckless wounding
In Silverwater where I spent most of my time there was one shower per pod that you went into one by one, in LBH you had a shower in your cell
Yes

how long were you in there?

Two years

What law did you break and how is prison bussy

D-did you drop the soap? Did you shank anyone?

Is there even violence in Aussie prisons?

>What law did you break
Reckless wounding, I axed my neighbour
>how is prison bussy
Never saw any gay stuff, prison is full of Muslims here, even some of the abos are Muslim

Will your background/reputation be okay?

Yeah there's violence, I was in Long Bay Hospital because I got jumped by lebs and hospitalised

I already have a well paying job in the country now

Would it bother you turning back to prison a second time?

Yes, when I was in prison my first ever dog died the same month I was released, I still have another dog who just turned 14, I would be devastated if I lost my other dog

Do you mention your time in prison only to close friends? Or no problems even for strangers?

>was
Did you move back to England?

he sucked?

>Do you mention your time in prison only to close friends
Yes
>Or no problems even for strangers?
I'm not ashamed of my time in prison because why I was arrested but I don't go around saying I was in prison

How much did you charge for a good hard shag?

Can you use internet or mobile phones in prison?

How exactly did you ax your neighbor? What happened? Did he died?

>he gets his own bathroom in prison

You sure you didn't just get drunk and woke up in a 3 star hotel

>Can you use internet
No
>mobile phones in prison?
You can pay guards to bring in phones for you, if you're caught it's an extra two year sentence

>Be asleep on my couch
>Hear screaming
>It's my mum
>Look outside
>See half cast neighbour and white trash neighbour attacking my brother
>They have a taser and are tasering him
>Grab my tomahawk
>Try to scare them off
>They try to taser me
>Hit neighbour softly with tomahawk
>He gets 5 stitches and released after an hour in hospital
>I get denied bail the first time because my address is literally next to his so I pose too much of a risk to him
>While in prison Lindt Siege happens
>Man Monis was out on bail
>They crack down on bail
>I go for second bail with address far from neighbour
>Get refused judge say I pose too much of a risk
>Go for bail in Supreme Court after two years
>Get bail with $5000 bond
>Go to trial soon after
>Get 6 month sentence on reckless wounding charge for using excessive force in self defence
>I served two years for a 6 month sentence

wait, what? how were you locked in prison BEFORE reciving sentence?

Because I was charged with a crime and denied bail?

Why did you serve 2 years for 6 months sentence? Did they forget you were there or what?

wtf it is a threat on your own property. do you have something like stand your ground laws (i.e. use force without retreating) ? i would have shot the motherfucker. still could have gotten in trouble but i think would have been acquitted but it would have cost $$$$ in legal costs.

>Go for bail in Supreme Court after two years
two years? why didn't you go trial earlier??

Because I was denied bail, especially after the Lindt Cafe siege they weren't letting anyone out on bail, the judge was scathing at the prosecution though, I mean the independent witnesses backed up my stoy but the judge said I used excessive force when defending myself so I had to be sentenced, the prosecution was seeking that I serve a further two years for 5 stitches, the detective who arrested me even showed up to the trial

>do you have something like stand your ground laws (i.e. use force without retreating)
No, we have to use "reasonable force" during self defence which can be anything
>two years? why didn't you go trial earlier??
Prosecution kept postponing it, originally it should've gone to local court but they were pushing higher degree of malicious wounding, but they eventually agreed to the lesser charge after nearly two years as long as I went to a higher court

how was prison?

wait, so in your system they can lock you up in prison for literally years without any sentence? thats fucked. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you weren't even found guilty by any court for the time you were locked up? you were technically innocent and locked up in prison for two years?
how long can they keep people in prison without sentence?

>wait, so in your system they can lock you up in prison for literally years without any sentence?
Yes, in Australia we also have At Her Majesty's Pleasure where you can be locked up forever when convicted, no matter if it was a small crime, this is also used when people get found not guilty due to mental health
>you were technically innocent and locked up in prison for two years?
Yes, it's not something that's rare
>how long can they keep people in prison without sentence?
Usually takes a year or two to go to trial

Did you hire an attorney or have a public defender? Not sure if it is a thing in your country. Here, the defense attorneys can bail you out no matter what but they are also expensive as fuck. So you can opt for a public defender but it is usually not a very good choice...

>Did you hire an attorney or have a public defender?
Originally I had a terrible private solicitor but then I got Legal Aid and they were from one of the best law firms in Australia and fought really hard for me
>attorneys can bail you out no matter what
I couldn't be bailed out the first two times because I was denied bail for posing a risk to society

>I axed my neighbour
Why?

See

Just got there, my bad for asking too early

What the absolute fuck??? That sounds dystopian as fuck.

Tell me some interesting stories. Did you make any friends in there?

>risk to society
Well shit, man. Hang in there bro, you will alright.

Not really, I associated with some guys but I never got close to them, people mistook me for being Lebanese when I am actually partially Jewish, a lot of Muslims and abos in my pod, during lunch times when we were free to associate with other pods I kept to myself, did weights, waited to be called for visiting with my family

>when I am actually partially Jewish

I am the black haired baby, I look like my father just a little more pale

any prison experience can sound "dystopian" to people who never got in trouble. i can guarantee you that could happen anywhere in the 1st world and in your country too. most people don't know jack shit about their country's laws. we just assume too much until we are unlucky enough to experience that ourselves.

are there gangs in aussie prisons?

Muslim gangs, abo gangs, Islander gangs, Aussie gangs

Any white supremacists or nazi gangs?

More anti-Muslim than white supremacist

>a year or two to go to trail
what the fuck? It takes the 3 weeks here

>How long before my case goes to trial in Australia?
This depends on which court you will be appearing in and the nature of the offence. For minor offences (called ‘Summary Offences’), the prosecution must generally commence within six months of the date the offence is alleged to have been committed. For more serious offences (called ‘Indictable Offences’), there is generally no time limit for when the matter should be prosecuted.

There may be delays in setting down a trial date for your matter if, for example:

you are unable to obtain legal advice quickly;
the court has a large case load;
your trial is complicated and will require many witnesses and trial days; or
certain witnesses are unable to attend court in a short time frame.

In Australia, there is no right to have a criminal case dealt with in a specific period of time. If you have concerns about the time it is taking for your matter to get to trial, speak to your lawyer.

nice third world country you have there straya

>In Australia, there is no right to have a criminal case dealt with in a specific period of time.

Thankfully though, you should expect this to change in the next couple years. The Supreme Court of Canada has recently been getting on this issue and its likely to spread to the Australian Courts when the prime case comes around.

canadianappeals.com/2016/07/15/r-v-jordan-the-supreme-court-of-canada-dramatically-alters-the-framework-applicable-to-the-right-to-a-criminal-trial-within-a-reasonable-time/

Australians dont know what a blast is...

did you go in a junkie like meth or completely sober

This was my first time in prison, I have never been charged let alone convicted of anything before, I don't smoke, drink, gamble or do drugs

are you black?

must have been pretty gnarly sober. when i did my stint i was fucked up on all kinds of drugs, barely remember my time in there

See

Aren't drugs illegal in jail? What if you get caught?

That happens a lot here.

Did you get financial reparations for the unnecessary time spent in prison?

No, but I had to pay $165 into a victims of crime fund

what does that mean in practical terms

What groups populate Australian prisons? I mean ethnic/racial groups.

Holy shit. Insult to injury. Do you feel bitter and angry or you moved on?

in a lot of places prisons divide on race
in a few places with a high enough muslim population to have a lot of inmates, they divide on religion
muslims just need to be enough to get a clique, they can then demand prayer time, different religious meals
they then offer protection and benefits for joining them
so a non muslim abo would be ok with the infidels, while a nazi gang wouldn't accept them

Minus the Sudanese because I am from NSW
>what does that mean in practical terms
They got along with everyone but Muslims

Good company you have there straya

Did they check for weapons under your foreskin?

A bit of both, it robbed me of a chance to say goodbye to Oscar, the first dog I ever had, who I was with for 17 years, but it should've been 19 years, but I don't seek vengeance, the cunt really isn't worth it

Why did everyone hate Muslims? Is it because of this ?

Also, what are most people there for? Are there any differences in crime between the groups?

No, a lot of the guards were Sikhs and couldn't even be bothered to search me after I had a visitor and other instances

>Why did everyone hate Muslims?
Because they start arguments and try to stand over other people, they also heavily segregate themselves and follow a strict form of Islam
>Also, what are most people there for?
There's a classification system, for those who are remanded, meaning they haven't been charged they're classed as a2unsentenced, this means they could be repeat offenders, new offenders, something as simple as people breaking an AVO to murderers

did you know any actual murderers? or people don't talk about what they are in for?

I never asked at Silverwater but when I arrived at Long Bay Hospital people asked the guards/nurses what I was in for and they told them, which I was kind of pissed, since that's my information to divulge, but they also told me what the others were in for and most were in for murder

What did you do to piss off such even tempered and loving people?

probably accidentally established an eye contact with one of them

Are the Muslims there mostly Lebs?

They wanted me to give them my buy up(Chocolate, lollies, etc) which I refused, then several days later out in the yard I was jumped, they damaged my kidney and it shut down, so I was taken to the GP/medical in Silverwater then a real hospital then LBH for several months

Lebs, Iraqis and Afghans

>i axed my neighbors
Are you sure you aren't from florida

If he was Floridian he would have hit them with a golf club made from endangered alligators while shouting racist slurs and being high on meth

its called freedom, functioning bureaucracy is basically dystopian

Did your kidney recover? Do you hate Lebs unconditionally now for this?

My kidney is still fully functional, just pissed blood for a few days, had a catheter for a little bit, I hated lebs before this as I grew up in a majority leb suburb(Greenacre) was only one of a few white kids at school, when I was 6 a 12 year old leb smashed in my head with a rock to steal my marbles

>get sent to prison
>injuries recieved from Lebs over lollies are more severe than what you inflicted to get sent there
wew

>Reckless wounding
Like what exactly did you do?

See

Wtf are they always so violent?

Are you allowed to vote now that you have a criminal record?

I think most countries allow it.

Why didn't your neighbour get any sentence?