Peter it was bad that you punched that bully one time even though you did no permanent damage to him and were...

>Peter it was bad that you punched that bully one time even though you did no permanent damage to him and were outnumbered two to one because standing up for yourself is wrong

Eat shit, Uncle Ben

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J4S723Xa04Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6hTny_w64
youtube.com/watch?v=MLCfIGPY6i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Self defense is fine, but Peter was enjoying the violence and the humiliation he was inflicting on Flash. That's wrong.

Kill them all Peter, avenge your Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben was probably a pussy ass draft dodger too.

youtube.com/watch?v=J4S723Xa04Y

No he wasn't. That was Harry.

Peter technically picked that fight, though. Even if accidentally.

Hypothetical here, how much of a shitstorm would it be if Marvel brought Uncle Ben back from the dead? This isnt like Bucky

Massive. Mostly because there'd be no point. It'd make Peter actually happy, and Uncle Ben is too swell a guy to generate drama. The most I can see them trying is milking something out of May being married to Jameson's father now.

Is she still married to Jameson's father?

she is, but he's dying at the moment

>Peter and Ben move into a bachelor pad together
>Ben eases back into the dating scene
>Becomes a wild party animal bringing home 20/10 sluts every day
>Ends up sleeping with Mary-Jane in a drunken stupor
>She gets pregnant

It writes itself.

This is the best superhero movie ever made.

It was wrong for Flash to enjoy tormenting him. Treat others as you would have them treat you, you reap what you sow, etc.

Uncle Ben was raising Peter to be a punching bag.

>TROUBLE 2

Time to rev up those deals with the devil again. But what can Peter sacrifice this time?

i agree

His company.

>Don't get your ass kicked by a bully and prove to be very good at combat
>"Ew you're a freak"

I don't remember Raimi's Spiderman being so awful. Well, I do remember 3 sucking so maybe all of them were like that?

Someone else.
Like he knows, and has to know, for the rest of his life that Uncle Ben was spared because he flipped the switch on the trolley problem, and instead a family died.
Instead of going for the carjacking, he ran through the park, and shot up a family that got in the way.
Maria, Lisa, and Frank Jr.

That sounds sadly like the Mark Millar "Trouble" mini Marvel published a decade ago.

I think you mean "this set up the sequel, the best superhero movie ever made." :)

Me too.
It hit all the right points. Makes me smile just thinking about it.
It's aged nicely too.

His clone. Or Aunt May's clone. Someone's clone.

they all were. the only good things to come out of the whole trilogy was the delivery of norman osbourne and the train scene with doc ock

This is the sequel.

Also, 3 was really spectacular up until the point where it absolutely wasn't.
I think the moment Brock yells Parker in the bell tower was probably when the film went tits up.

I heard The Amazing Spider-Man was actually pretty damn good but then didn't do too well commercially and that's why they're rebooting it again. Is that the case?

It was not very good.

I read somewhere that 3 was supposed to be two movies and end at around the moment you described, so that probably played a part. Personally I thought it was pants on head retarded from the beginning.

ASM 1 was a mixed bag. It had some really cool stuff but some really lackluster stuff in other places.

ASM 2 was a mess of two different movies smashed together, just for the sake up setting up the Sinister Six movie Sony was betting on.

It did get a sequel though.

> the ends justify the means

NO

>meanwhile in the better version of this same story

The final battle really had more impact than most other cape movies.

Lack of music, blood and all that.

Sounds like ASM2 made the exact same mistake as Raimiman 3. I hope they learn their lesson this time.

So did /the Expendables

Tobey was such a twink back in the day

And yes, this is a Sup Forums related tangent, A history of Violence was a graphic novel first.

And when Tom Stahl gives his son the same 'violence is wrong mmkay' lecture as Uncle Ben, he immediately gets called out for hypocrisy because he can't explain away the part where he brutally kills two dudes at the beginning of the story.

Oh kirsten dunst. MY sleepeyed snaggletoothed waifu with a great rack.

Nah, Spidey3 wasn't there setting up future sequels, but failed because the producers wanted Venom in.

ASM2 failed the same way BvS and SSquad did, which was advertising their universe too much in one movie.

Man, this just makes me remember what a good comedy director Sam Rami is.

Everything in this movie is visually amusing.

I've heard The Expendables is really good.

Well, it's enjoyable, but far from good.

If you can say you enjoyed something, shouldn't you be able to describe it as good?

I suppose there's an argument for that, but it's not good. It's not exactly bad either.

Remember when DC brought back Thomas Wayne?

His ass-virginity.

>Trouble 2
>knocks up Mary Jane
>even though Ben and his fetal alcohol syndrome face said he was sterile

He lost that to skip

It would probably kill Spider-Mans comic popularity. Spidey still hasn't really recovered from OMD

RESPONSIBILITY'S COOL, BUT THERE'S MORE THINGS IN LIFE

>there are people who think this
Holy shit.

>Peter, here in JewYorkShitty we have a duty to retreat. You only fight after you have been cornered and you weren't cornered. If you were an adult, you would be in jail.

Too good
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6hTny_w64

> He probably deserved what happened but just because you can beat him doesn't give you the right to

It's good to know that Ben wold be dead against Spider-Man because that's all he does. Is there anything Peter can't fuck up?

Why doesn't Spiderman profit from his webfluid? It's a super-amazing yet somehow temporary and bio degradable adhesive that can suspend tons of weight on non load bearing structures.
This is not even an instance of 'if it fell into evil's hands/humanity isn't ready' BS heroes usually use to justify why their magic gadgets can't be patented and sold. It's literally an ultra specific yet extremely useful glue.
PeterParker being poor makes no sense.

Why is it wrong to enjoy defending yourself? Why is it bad to enjoy being able to fuck back?

Pretty sure the guy that tried to slam someone's head into a locker from behind picked the fight.

>In this family we don't solve our problems by punching them
>No, we solve them by shooting them
Great comeback.

Because this is all programming to turn us into lilly white faggots who want to get our shit pushed in. Sometimes you need to send a message. And sometimes that message has to be sent with blood.

Uncle Ben doesn't likely know the story. People assume Peter was the bad guy because he fucked up Flash.

There was a whole New Vegas expansion about this exact question.

In short, defending yourself is the correct thing to do, but the way in which you go about it ends up determining what kind of person you become and what kind of example you set. Great power coming with great responsibility doesn't mean that you should take people's shit because you could inflict worse on them, it means that you should apply your power subtly and fractionally, only using enough to fix the problem and not reveling in it.

Peter didn't really understand it yet, but he could have quietly pulled Flash aside and gently manhandled him. Maybe lifted his feet off the ground with one arm, or shoved him against the wall with a single finger. Not that it's really Peter's fault how he reacted, he was new to his strength and under duress. But it wouldn't have taken much to make Flash understand that he needed to stop. Could have even done this publicly to make a point (which is more or less what happened, but he could have done it more gently). However, advertising yourself that way can bring you shitloads of trouble, which is exactly what happened on a larger scale. Peter learned this as Spiderman when various villains would come to target him because of the role he had chosen.

In short, walk softly and carry a big stick. Don't stomp around with it.

shit, i just burned every thing down and killed mr.house.

i think his robot army is technically mine to.

Different timeline and impostor don't count.

Keep in mind it was also from a time before school bullying became a big thing. We understand how damaging it can be during the early development process a lot better now.

Peter went to far and started enjoying the violence and that was wrong, but Uncle Ben had basically raised him to be cowardly and frankly the worst kind of omega male. As he was presented in the film, he was a terrible father figure.

Do you think there's any chance we'll get to skip am uncle ben death scene in the new movie? He's already established, so that'd be cool.

His point is that punching doesn't solve long term problems and you need to put yourself to a higher standard than becoming the bully.

There's a Ditko issue where Pete and Flash get in a boxing match because they're really just a step short of a legit fistfight. Peter pulls his punches, but it doesn't help him. Everyone assumes he must have cheated to even wind Flash at all.

Self defense means deescalating the situation as fast as possible while preventing bodily harm from yourself. You don't get to wail on someone and/or murder someone barring an immediate mortal threat to your person.

Peter toed and basically crossed the line during the whole Flash sequence. Ben was right in telling him that was wrong.

However, as others have pointed out, the scene presented in the film goes farther and basically has Ben tell Peter he should be purely pacifistic and have taken the beating. It's a relic from the pre 9/11 early where pure pacifism was much more in style and seen as the ultimate response to violence.

Early = era

bah need more coffee this morning.

What would you expect from a canon cuckhold like Ben?

>Peter... that was Amazing Spider-Man!

Really, Raimi?

Peter threw food at him, though. It was an accident, but nobody knew it.

I kinda' like the ASM version better. Peter was still justified, but actually being a dick, justifying Uncle Ben's concerns.

youtube.com/watch?v=MLCfIGPY6i8

It's not like he was in mortal danger.

I don't want to live in a world where superheroes listen to Death Grips.

>He probably deserved what happened but just because you can beat him doesn't give you the right to
But Peter does have a right to defend himself, especially against bullies who refuse to listen to reason. Ben was an idiot that was going to end up making Peter a spineless apologist for things that weren't his fault- oh wait, that happened anyway.

Even though everyone knew Flash bullied Peter all the time?