Western Moe

Adult Swim wants you to make a 10 minute show that parodies Cute Girl doing Cute Things Cutely Anime.

what do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i8C86XAjxeU
youtu.be/Cz6XUyABUyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Adapt KC Green's Anime Club

I parody Cute Girl doing Cute Things Cutely Anime

Smoke a shit ton of weed

Then see what happens

Dude

most cute girls animes are usually comedies like ichigo mashimaro or lucky star. the only one i can think of right now that's purely cute that i've seen is binchoutan

if they made the characters in this show less repulsive it couldve been great

oh and digicharat panyo panyo i just remembered

Do you mean they want me to make a moe anime or "LMAO THEY'RE CUTE BUT THEY DO DRUGS AND ACT LIKE SLUTS"?

So Panty and Stocking?

Cute girl doing cute things cutely + furry bait + france animation = 18 seasons 5 animated movies and 3 live action movies and a movie universe

just fill it with shallow anime references

>gratuitous fanservice
>pikachu-esque mascot
>characters powering up and going super saiyan

the ratings will be through the roof

Beach episode, hot spring episode, school festival episode

>In one episode they combine to make a giant robot.
>One character's lines are constantly out of sync with his mouths.
>Speed Racer parody episode.

>parodies
Fuck it, I'm playing it straight. Girls will joke about weight disorders, boyfriends, have late night Skype conversations, talk about their periods...

It'll be a slice of life that combines everything you regularly see in a slice of life with all the PG13 crap they omit to make all the girls pure as the drive snow. Target demographic: girls in high school who can watch the show and say "hey, yeah, that's totally my life"

Then the 2nd season would be a mech show with strong emphasis on political machinations, ethical issues, and questions on the meaning of existence.

3rd season, if by some miracle it gets renewed, would be a Producers level production where I essentially make Powerpoint and abscond with as much money as possible.

Just make China IL again.

>be basic cute girl cast goes to high school
>set in america in a hick city like medford or some shit
>whole episode is a continuous shot (i've never seen that done in animation before, if someone has links to something like that please gimme)
>episodes pull a regular show where mundane plot points get blown out of proportion
>except instead of action / sci fi plots its just an absurdest meltdown ala tim and eric or steve brule
idk, its the best i've got, have them melt into slug people

Can you even parody CGDCT shows?

Probably like the girl version of South Park.

Yes, it's possible. You take the formula of such shows and the archetypes of the usual characters of those shows and you make them behave uncharacteristically.

This is a good idea for one.

This one is my submission.

That is totally up AS' ally.

Why not? There will never be a second season of it, and it was mostly inspired by western animation anyways.

A parody of reviewers from you reviews to food critic, but with the episode plot revolving around what they are reviewing. It has 4 girls, an apathetic cynic, a short tempered pessimist, a hyper talking optimist and a clueless normie with a valley girl accent.

>You reviews
Toy reviews*

I make a show about Winsome Girls Doing Adorable Things Endearingly.

For one second I was really, really excited that there might be a link in this thread.

only good idea's in the thread

make it aquateen in drag

Adapting KC Green's Anime Club is also a good idea. Fight me.

i think it works better in comic form as do most of KC's other comics

Hey look I did it.

How THE FUCK do you know how well Anime Club would work as animation? I can hear every character's voice in my head. KC Green's brain is a cartoon factory.

>no mention of Perfect Hair Forever kawaii version

You dishonor me greatly, Sup Forums.

Anime Club isn't about moeshit itself though, it's about the kind of people who'd watch moeshit.

That's the best lens through which to view the trend of excessively neutral and boring Japanese moe animation.

CRIST NO! That is wasted talent and wasted talent is a huge nono in the industry.

Anyway "The New Wilma And Betty Show"

This.
even if Utena is the better show

Have you not seen the surprisingly decent fandub and fan animation?
youtu.be/i8C86XAjxeU
youtu.be/Cz6XUyABUyM

powerpuff girls could be considered the western equivalent

they could easily get away with airing nyan neko sugar girls on AS and people would LOVE IT. its the perfect parody of early 2000s anime as well as a parody of western takes on anime

girl-chan?

don't forget...
>moe, a lot of it.
>pointless shippings that lead to nowhere.
>male protagonist is a chick magnet (bonus point if the protagonist is the "average and not special dude in school".)
>unexplained power up that makes an impossible fight possible

Boy club: the animated series. But each of the characters have hot moe GFs. Pepes is a giant fly girl thats kawaii as fuck.

>male protagonist

This is not a harem anime, but an SoL anime with kawaii girls.

That's what Lucky Star is.

tomboy protagonist and dont forget to add the 2 deep 4 u religion subtext to get the lorefags

then not this one then. My mistake.

>add the 2 deep 4 u religion subtext to get the lorefags
This only happens in west- oh right.

>he fell for the deconstruction meme

Have you felt a single authentic feeling in your life?

>insecure pancake jealous of her oppai senpai

>chris evans jelly on is western

>its the best girl is insecure of the worst girl episode

But it is more anime references: the show than parody

That's not a SoL you fucktard.

>it's about the kind of people who'd watch moeshit.
Yeah, and Eltingville is about the kind of people who'd watch westernshit.

HuniePop the Animated Series

Glitter Force.

>he has never been forced to fight in a giant robot by his dad
to me it is

An episode where one of them desperately wants to talk about how to eat certain foods, but every time she mentions food a massive food fight action scene breaks out almost instantly, with her receiving the brunt of the punishment and at the end she goes home, caked in school cafeteria e-coli ridden filth to talk about the best way to eat a greenhorn to herself in a mirror.

YO FRYMAN

Pepper Ann?

>muh sincerity
David? I thought you killed yourself

it's more a harem show than a CGDCT show, but the fact they got that many female characters on to the show is pretty impressive.

Only if you make best girl the main character

Southpark with an all girl cast, a chibi-animu art style, and the cheapest flash animation I can find in all of Vietnam.

You get Bones and like it.

>the OP implies things will happen
>nothing happens and for the most part is just drawings talking for most of the episode

Expect niggers, cripples, trannies, lesbians, landwhales and anything that shouldn't be considered female.

So it just like any moeshow? They dont have most of time any plot

How was this game btw?

>it's more a harem show than a CGDCT show
On the contrary. It could be upgraded to a harem show quite easily, but as it stands it's more CGDCT (with the twist of a boy at the center).

I have to assume best girl is one of these.

First
>Alternate universe where the 3rd reich still exist. Show focuses on an all girls school/army camp where they learn about killing, creating ungodly death machines and about the inferiority of all other people. While doing this nonchalantly the girls will talk about cute things.

Second
>Takes place in a rehab group, all the girls are cute recovering addicts, conversations start of cute but the punchlines get back to how badly they want drugs, or what the did to get drugs.

Third
> Show about girls chatting online. All them are SJWs. Punchlines revolve around them being hypocrites, shit backfiring on them, or just how sad they really are.

>To make this work the girls will have 2 visual styles, cute 2d girl and disgusting reality

Option number 1. I make it unironically, but it's about christmas cakes trying and failing to find husbands in japan.

Option number 2. It's about stereotypes of weeb girls. The normal geeky one, the fujo, the poser and the really obnoxious one who makes cat sounds and talks in broken japanese. They are also chibis.

>best girl
>not Audrey

someone needs to get punched in the dick.

A character is stuck in a dating simulator game. All chicks are straight soulless stereotypes. The protag is not very genre aware and wants to help them stop behaving in a ridiculous, over-the top way. Surprisingly, he succeeds.

Can I get 8 minutes?
Including ads.

This is harem, not moe, dammit!

But the idea is pretty good.

Yeah this sounds more like a straight-played harem premise that I fully expect to see animated by Japan in the next two or so years.

It's sad to think that people think "deconstruction" is "put a dark twist on it" thanks to fucking TVTropes.

Deconstruction is the exploration of the feasibility of a theme against contemporary attitudes. Whoever listed School Days, Evangelion and Utena and whatever else anime as "deconstructions" are morons who really need to re-think just what it is.

I'm going to put this as nicely as I'm able.

She seems like a generic tsundere bitch.

This is brilliant and I would watch the fuck out of that

Talk them into airing sayonara zetsubou sensei.

Have milk chan guest star to confuse the fuck out of children every where.

>hype up a special guest character in the preview that's well and beloved amongst adult swim fans
>milk chan only appears for the last 2 seconds to call someone a dumbass.

Actually fuck it, space ghost coast to coast with moe blob girls.

That's basically the definition I was using. However, I think the conceit that actual deconstruction (using the critical methods in a story) has this fundamental conceit about the role of genre other meta ideas that kills the pathos of whatever the creator is trying to do.

But it never got dub with is probably just good thing

Have a cast of four main girls that just hand out and do cute things with no consequences. When they are together, at least.

One has a horrifying abusive family life that she covers up as school by putting on a happy face.

The second is a low-level supervillain apprenticed to a more experienced supervillain, using the highschool as a cover.

The third pilots a giant robot that is, in fact, so giant that it cannot function on the surface of the Earth and has to fight exclusively in space. She fights aliens and defends the Earth, while constantly cussing out her dad who designed this lifesaving robot such that only she could pilot it and ruining her life, the jackass. She attends school and tries to maintain a normal life as a way to spite him.

The fourth is constantly presented as super mysterious, the 'odd one' of the school group. It isn't revealed until fairly late in the show that she is, in fact, perfectly normal and only acts mysterious because she wishes her life wasn't so mundane.

They all keep up the cute girls doing cute girls thing, while trying to hide their various absurd or awful lives from each other.

Ah, so Bakemonogatari with mecha, then.

>The cute girls are buff guys in schoolgirl outfits who go to a generic cute girl high school
>Each character is done in a different art style to represent which anime or manga they're referencing
>The "cute girl things" are overly exaggerated and action-packed
>References through the roof

Air Steven Universe.

Kyu acts as a fill in for the main character, basically piloting him as he goes on dates. Most episodes wouldn't have a clear main character and be about the girls interacting. The season finale would involve Kyu trying to stop the protagonist from getting a bad ending, with plenty of references to various fights and death scenes of shounen type animes as the girls start getting into increasingly less cute fights.