Comic Books no one talks about?

Comic Books no one talks about?

>Camelot 3000

I remember I had a hardcover with all the issues, I think, a long time ago. I didn't finish it, but it was pretty crazy.

It aged poorly and I think people really only cared about the Bolland art. It was innovative at the time for being a maxiseries published on baxter print paper, and being aimed at "literary" adults in a way Roy Thomas kind of heavyhanded way, but yeah, the scripting was just kinda.. ehhh....

All I remember was that the art was good and that Lancelot was revived in a woman's body.

>Trans lesbo Tristan

I'm really surprised tumblr never went for it. They'd love it.

There were even toys based on Warlord's setting.

Top 10

>Lancelot was revived in a woman's body

That's why I can't read that comic. Forced feminization is one of my fetishes and if I'm not thinking about it in the context of masturbating then it just strikes me as existential horror.

What are those about?

Warlord is about pilot stranded in strange new world who smacks evil-doers left and right. Top 10 is about police in world where everyone has superpowers and costume.

Top 10 was about super hero cops in a city populated with super powered people.

>comics that nobody ever talks about
Wheel of Time. I know that we always ask 'Am I the only one who...?' But in the case of this comic I feel like I'm the only one on Sup Forums who has ever herd, or cared about this comic.

Basically anything from Marvel's MGN line that isn't Death of Captain Marvel or X-Men related, particularly the ones that spun off in Epic books.

In fact, Epic in general is kinda totally forgotten.

>will never get an HBO show

all of J.M. DeMatteis' random stuff is so good

Chuck Dixon is inoffensively average, and the books are so densely packed with detail (and I feel I've reread them enough times) that I can practically see the first 8 books as individual movies in my head. Literally no reason to read it, only to be serviced by deviantart-tier artwork.

I'd also mention Marvel's toy lines, which were usually pretty shit, but the first 11 issues of Micronauts were incredible.

Moonshadow especially, I'd consider it one of the greatest comics ever made.

Milligan's Enigma at Vertigo is my contribution for this thread. It's the sort of thing that, if it came out now, would be criticized as tumblr crap, but it was incredible for its time, and clearly pushing the boundaries of Vertigo comics (alongside his Shade). It's sad he never really broke out as a writer, and seems to have lost his inspiration.

>which were usually pretty shit

I'd go to bat defending GI Joe as at the very least above average for at least 5-6 years.

>Chuck Dixon is inoffensively average
Im convinced that he wrote nothing and picked what lines to lift directly from the novles.
>the books are so densely packed with detail (and I feel I've reread them enough times) that I can practically see the first 8 books as individual movies in my head.
I'm right there with you user, the great thing about comic format is that all of Jordan's fucking details on minor things translate well into the art. The New Spring comic had the book chopped up and rushed into about 10 issues I think. Eye of the World on the other hand was it's own long series consisting over 30+ single issues which covered the entire first book.
As a fan of the series I would have liked them ro move on to the other books as well, at least far enough for Lanfear to make an appearance, but sadly I don't think that will ever happen.

Fucking reprint this shit already properly, DC. The showcase volume is OoP and there's over hundred issues of it.

I totally forgot about that, but early Larry Hama was an exception to the rule.

Speaking of Dreadstar, a few years back I got obsessed with Eclipse comics. Scout by Tim Truman especially caught my interest, and I thought it was the second greatest thing they put out, next to Miracleman. Starslayer was also quite good, and really should have gotten more attention.

Everything Dark Horse put out in their miniature paperback omnibus line might have become rediscovered classics by now, but the rights are probably tied up or there's no interest giving them a chance since they never caught on in the 00s.

DP7 from Marvel's 'New Universe'. When I was younger I had an old copy of this issue (#6) and it really stuck in my mind.

I recently read the whole series. It does go off the rails in the second half, but in the early issues where the core DP7 are together I really like it.

Guys, help me. Was there a big Marvel crossover in the 90s about a Galactus invasion on Earth or something elsewords-like about Galactus back then? Not just usual space bullshit with Silver Surfer, I'm talking about a major event.

I remember reading a few issues of something like this (I might be confusing it with something else) in the mid to late 90s and really enjoying it.

Can you spare more details?

I remember the art being different than the usual comic book stuff, reminded me of Alex Ross in some ways. It's not Marvels, though.

It could be Galactus or it could be other space-faring races, I'm not sure (were these alien invasions common as a crossover plotline in Marvel crossover events of the 90s?), but I sort of remember Galactus being there in a proeminent form.

I also don't think there were X-Men involved in the conflict.

I have no idea. It's not Infinity Gauntlet, right?

I have no clue, I'm mostly a DC fan (with occasional Spider-Man reading here and there), but I remember getting some Marvel issues as a child because the art cover was so cool and they seemed to be from a huge event involving Galactus.

Infinity Gauntlet aside, I have no idea what could happen in 90's with him. That or Infinity War.

I think you might possibly have read the first couple of issues from the "Galactus the Devourer" miniseries.
I'd post some pages from it but I can't find my scans

It could have been it, some of the covers for the miniseries don't look odd to me. Thanks anyway for everyone that tried to figure out what I was talking about.

Marvel's Season One OGNs
DC Focus
Minx
BOOM! Studios comics before Irredeemable