Does anyone else find it weird that most cartoons nowadays only air 11 minutes instead of one full half hour with two...

Does anyone else find it weird that most cartoons nowadays only air 11 minutes instead of one full half hour with two 11 minute segments? I feel like nowadays you can't make full 22 minute episodes nowadays. Like when CN reaired Fosters a few years ago they showed the (very few) episodes that were just 11 minutes. Why is this?

Attention spans dropped. Half hour formats are dead in the YouTube era.

Probably something with ads or syndication.
To be fair most the CN shows air in 2 episode "blocks" pretty much giving the illusion they're like when they used to be two separate episodes packaged together like they used to be.

well 11 minutes isn't all that unique. A lot of old cartoons that ran for 22 minutes were half the times bisected into 2 episode chunks.
Hey Arnold was an 11 minute cartoon and it's one of Sup Forums's biggest nostalgia faps

Ad space.

They cut down already short Western intros to fucking nothing now and sometimes just omit credits. It just gets worse with each passing year.

Why are there no cartoons that look as stylish as Jojo?

It's a combination of cutting intros/outros for ad space and preferring serialized shows they can split up and reair out of order

Animu is typically story-driven and can't be reordered in the first place, plus all the profit is from merch based on the animu and not ad revenue

But there are 11 minute anime too. It's just that Japan requires less ad space.

Money. They have to animate less.

Anime (mainstream at least inb4 I get yelled at and shown examples) might as well be 11 minutes long with their long as openings and endings, recaps, still frames, and rehashed scenes from previous episodes.

>mainstream at least inb4 I get yelled at and shown examples
>Saying something you know is probably erroneous just to have your opinion spoken

>They have to animate less.

No? They order just as many episodes and they're still using the same production cycles. There's pretty much no difference between 104 11 minute episodes and 52 22 minute episodes with 11 minute segments

To be fair if any show tried to use the same style everyone would jump on it saying that it's "bootlegging" or stealing the style

Harder to animate.

You can be unique and be stylish

True true, but there's always gonna be some autistic twat claiming that they stole a style or method or some shit

>mfw that one episode of One Piece during Enies Lobby where opening and recap all took up 8 minutes before the title of the episode popped in.
Granted, there was a hiatus somewhere around there.
Also there was 5 episodes of nothing but flashback/clipshow of old 4:3 aspect ratio episodes, reminding us how each of the crew got into the crew.

The world isn't ready for Araki to do things other than Jojo.

Honestly I think he's doing JoJo till he passes away.

Anyone who takes up his torch will never measure up.

One Piece gets really bad about it during Punk Hazard. Multiple flashbacks to previous or even the last episode thrown in to pad out the length

>Honestly I think he's doing JoJo till he passes away.

Well we know form Steel Ball Run that if he ever gets bored or feels like he's running out of ideas that he's not afraid to just nuke the story and have a new start. Which is honestly really nice

Diesel

:^)

I guess they felt like it was the perfect middle ground.

Some plots weren't needed for 22min, while they wanted more than the old 7,min episode lengths that plenty used to do (which also messed with the commercial times set up to have 2 interruptions instead of 1)

One Piece is a special kind of monster though.

Every episode of MLP is 23 min

Western animators have no sense of style. Just like how white men can't jump.

Weird? No. Annoying? Yes. When I was a kid most cartoons like EEnE or Spongebob were 11 minutes however they had two episodes in one slot, making it feel like a 30 minute episode. Now CN breaks the episodes into two.

The Maxx

Nothing looks as stylish as JoJo.

>Nothing looks as homoerotic as Jojo.

Fixed it for you.

Steven Universe

Pretty much, yeah.

That looks great, going to read the comic now.

Araki is actually planning on retiring soon, he's always said he wants to quit manga in his early 60's; he's 56 now.

Jojolion's been hinting at a Part 9, and by the time it comes Araki'll be about 60.

Aeon Flux?

>Also there was 5 episodes of nothing but flashback/clipshow of old 4:3 aspect ratio episodes
I fucking love it when long running shounen's do this shit. Then they add stupid ass filters in the black areas so as to not break your immersion.

Got him there.

I haven't read Jojolion because I want to read it all in one go and it's not done yet, but from what I've heard about it it almost seems like it's setting up the potential for a return to the old universe. I'm probably reading too much into it though.

Part 6 crushes my soul because I really liked the characters and they all get fucking erased but Steel Ball Run was worth it.

I'm not sure SU counts as homoerotic. I mean, it's pretty gay, yeah, but not particularly sexy.

>that
>a hint to part 9

>darksoulslorefags.jpg

more commercials. it's strange because it works great for comedy but not for anything kinda serious. oh well

That is a damn good looking Parfait.

How does one manage to draw as good as araki? I tried drawing jonathan but my facial anatomy was weird

>muh recaps
>muh still frames
not all anime is one piece, user.

The secret to stealing an artist's style is not to steal it directly, but to find out what their influences were and steal from there.

It's pretty goddamn difficult, the man's been at it for decades.
Try doing what Rohan talks about in Part 4, and eat a bunch of spiders

I called a faggot by a friend's gf for watching jojo. She called it gay anime.

I think it's mostly the whole
>1. Cut Melon
>7. Melon Jelly
thing, Sup Forums was freaking out about it at one point. Ehh.

>Jojo niggers will never be purged from Sup Forums

Also the Ice Cream itself; the main attraction and the most popular part of it is 3, which matches up.

Also Part 4 is Araki's favorite part and he has publicly stated that melon granita is his favorite food. there was another thing with how the sherbet relates to part 5 but i can't remember

But that user was talking about the anime, and Araki doesn't draw the anime.
That's why the manga is better.

Fuck, I want part 5 and 6 to be animated NOW

Part 4 is great but overhyped. I need King Crimson

I'm sick of seeing them bring it up at any given chance, and I like the manga.

>mfw Jojo is stylish enough to have its own exhibit at the Louvre

look, I love anime and JoJo too but this shit goes in Sup Forums

look, I love shit and your mother too but your posts belong in the fucking trash

B-but Sup Forums is mean! And Sup Forums is love!

Seriously, fuck this shit. It only gets worse.

>corn biscuit
Really?

Wait, fucking really?
Goddammit, that's pretty hilarious.

Fucking Guido. Best character after Bruno in 5.

i get that you are trying to be funny but shut the fuck up

....I hate to see what Araki did with Raoh.

Fucking Narancia.
Just...
Fuck.

>Denying zipper man his rightful place on top

>Narancia
>Boy

Diavolo was the best, fucking stupid gangsters.

Kek. Is fist of the north star any good? I saw the guy from it kill Saitama in one minute melee (Although he got killed too)

>Diavolo

YOU KNOW TOO MUCH