Detective Comics #940 preview

nerdist.com/will-a-hero-fall-in-detective-comics-940-exclusive-preview/

And the ominous variant

That is one badass base.

What do you mean? He pretty explicitly thinks he's doing the right thing.

Shit your Right.

You can never deny this book has some badass art.

I like this book. Not as good as King's Batman, but it has its moments. I was kinda annoyed though that Kate's Dad was criticizing Batman for not expanding his operations when he basically did exactly that in Batman INC. Maybe that run isn't canon anymore.

Really hope Tim is okay. This is the first book in a while that actually made me care about his character. I hope he gets to go to college or whatever.

Is Detective Comics now the Bat-family book? I'm out of the loop.

Is Clayface a good guy now?

Yes. Bruce, Kate, Tim, Cass, Stephanie, and... Clayface.

Expect Harper to show up at some point too probably.

Meanwhile Damian is off doing shit with the Teen Titans and Dick is back being Nightwing.

Tyrion tweeted he's insanely nervous

Yes, it's for people that don't have their own solo plus Batman and Clayface

Has been since the first rebirth issue

He's having his redemption arc like Riddler about 8 years ago

Batman offered him a cure so he could go back to being an actor in exchange for being moderately helpful.

I honestly think it's great. It's the best 'Tec run we've had in like 7 years.

Trying to be.

You just know on Wednesday the cover will have been changed and the Bat-Soldier guy will be replaced with a dead Tim. Why else would everybody be looking so sad?

I'm like 90% sure all of this is red herrings to get people speculating and drum up sales. It's one of the very few times where you can say "will our hero make it out alive?" and have people take you seriously.

>Batman already spoke to the President
That's a sentence you do not read often

I'd assume Batman has the capability to talk to the President whenever he wants.

>Forgetting Black Mirror

New52 Tec was bland as fuck though

>when *they* come
Monster men?

And my god that smug-ass background Tim

Well yeah, it was shown last issue. It's still weird.

He did it last issue IIRC.

>They were watching JL War
Absolute shit taste, Clayface is wasting his time saving them.

I wonder what Middy's up to.

Oh you're right. I actually just forgot that Black Mirror was a 'Tec run.

Fuck you Tynion don't drag my favorite frenemies into your containment book

> into your containment book

This has been much too good to label a containment book.

Screwing Apollo.

None of the Batdad books are really containment right now. Too good even Lobdell.

Why is Clayface so based?

RHatO is descending right back into mediocrity despite the surprisingly good rebirth issue.

Red Hood has been surprisingly decent. I guess somebody is holding Lobdell's relatives hostage or something.

Man Im so happy that Nightwing is shown to care about Tim at all.

I assume it's a new editor.

The way i see it, in the next arcs a huge organization or enemy will attack Gotham and Batman will be forced to ask Colonel Kane for help.

Uh does Dick hate Tim now or something?

no they just haven't been in each others books at all and jason and tim got shoved together since nobody cares about them

You would honestly call this run shit? Aside from the fact that you just hate Tynion, tell me why.

I agree everything Tynion's done before now has sucked, but this has been the best surprise of Rebirth.

Some angry editor got triggered by his narration boxes.

Nah, but they also haven't really talked aside from Grayson, Robin War, and Eternal.

Who wouldn't?

I think, though, that Geoff Johns just got pissed off about Scott Lobdell new origin. Reminder that Jason Todd's Johns favorite Robin. That's probably why Red Hood now has his Post-Crisis origin and history back.

Yeah but they're back

It's another 'Kate nearly makes the comic unreadable" issue. If it wasn't for Clayface and the X-Men feel of the book this would be hot garbage. They just need to fuck Kate off someplace so she can ruin her own book.

What bothers me is just the fact that he has the characters talking directly to the reader. It's so lazy. I mean, fuck you, Red Hood. I'm not in the story with you. I'm not going to fuck Artemis' tight pussy any day. Stop talking with me.

DELET THIS

I like Kate but yeah kinda tired of her drama right now. She really didn't need to be bunched in here.

Batwoman being a lesbian jewess triggers me, I wish her character to die brutally like Jason Todd in the 80s.

That was fast

Return of Dick and Tim sibling relationship pls Tynion.

Also the military brat angle is stupid, I hate everything about her.

He never stopped guys. It's just not shown much.

Kate was kicked out of the military during basic training (from what I understand), but Batman, who trained under no jas are all kinds of crazy ass shit and more often than not leads the fucking Justice League feels that she would be better qualified to lead this little squad of Batbrats and Clayface. It just fucking baffles me, is this what Mary Sues are supposed to be like? This book has done nothing to make me like Kate or even get intrested in her character to read crap that came before.

>Nigthwing calling Middy

Nightwing is getting Lazy and taking advantage of new friends.

That's unfortunate cause her solo is pretty good. Also she had better hair there.

i reed it Mary Sues Harper Row save the pussy .

Tumblr pls.

People keep telling me that, but I just have no desire to read up on her, fuck man, Jason Todd did a better job at making me want to read comics with him in them, and Todd was ad shit character from day one.

Batwoman was (re)introduced in the original 52, how new 52 compares with the first 52 comics.

Asking for the return of a 20 yr relationship ruined by Flashpoint and Lobdell is Tumblr? Dick and Tim had a cool little brother Big brother dynamic before Lobdelll ruined Tim.

Dick will care about Tim when he joins Team dead Robin

Tumblr pls

Why is Tim so buff? Is this Arkham Tim?

Thats your problem then, i just wish you just shut the fuck about this every single fucking thread we have about TEC.
We get it you don't like the character, its on the archives under Faggot Doesn't Like X Character.
Let it fucking go.

Tynion demonstrates why his clever idea of ending BRE with "let's just phone Midnighter and have him solve the whole problem instantly, invalidating all Bat characters in the process" wasn't so clever. Once you establish that doing that is an option, you need to constantly come up with excuses why it ISN'T an option this time.

Well, Midnighter is Nightwing's Pokemon now.

Simple. Middle is banging Apollo and can't help this time.

>Dislike the Lesbjjew
>talk about how Jason is a better read
>mention that, despite being a better read, Jason is still a shit character
That's some fresh and tasty bait you've got user
I may share the opinion that Kate is shit with a few other anons, but let me assure you that I am not the user you speak of, this is the first Detective Comics thread I've shown up in wherein I complained about Kate dragging the book down. Though I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who isn't blinded by red hair and the tight costume.

He looks nothing like Tim shady.

How are you so easily triggered? It's kind of sad

HAHAHAHAH tim is the babs of 52 now.

At the same time People would be like why not call your super powerful friend to help out?

Is Midnighter a meta human? Batman seems like he loosened his policy on those.

>Jason Todd's Johns favorite Robin
Wait, what?

How?

Yup. The only reason we've Jason back from the dead is because of Geoff Johns.

Yeah I thought it was Tim

I think he means that Tim's the new tech support character

Why Midnighter is in the DCU? Will Gen13, Wildcats, Witchblade also be part of the DCU now?

They all are, actually, but DC butchered them.

I see. I hope that means that Jason will appear in DCEU.

>now
That is literally what Flashpoint did five years ago, bringing wildstorm shit into the main universe.

Man did you just get out of prison? That's the whole reason we had to endure fucking New 52.

>At the same time People would be like why not call your super powerful friend to help out?

You're not supposed to call attention to it. It's retarded that Batman doesn't just ask Superman to take five seconds off of his schedule to clean up Gotham every Tuesday, but because that would ruin every possible Batman story ever, writers avoid presenting it as an option. Tynion is fucking retarded though, so he explicitly made "phone Middy" a thing that they can do, and ended one huge comic storyline with literally that. A competent writer would have never done that.

Dick brought Midnighter in the family, so Bruce just deals with the fact

Can't wait for Dick to invite Midnighter to the mansion for Sunday Brunch and Batman fuming at the table.

To be fair King did just have Batman call in the League to deal with Gotham the superhero not the city.

Why you guys love to hate on Jason and RHaTO in Tec and Nightwing threads all the time? I never saw anyone hate on any Robin or bat book in RHATO threads. So, why?

Because Lobdell is absolute garbage

I hate Scott Lobdell.

They're upset that WB and DC are giving more love to Jason than to their favorite characters

I don't hate Lobdell, but I do hate his stupid narration covering up the art. Sometimes less is more.

>People are jealous of a character who's been given to DC's worst writer for 6 years now

Did he kill your dog or something? Disliking his writing isn't a good reason to hate on him, you know? There are plenty of writers who I don't like their writing, but I don't hate them. I just simply don't bother with their books.